DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Schefter on Twitter is saying the 49ers are down to Shanahan or Chip Kelly. . . .

Those may be my two least favorite football coaches ever.  Shanahan has never been good without Elway and Davis, and has thrown anyone not named Elway or Davis under the bus for his failures.  Chip Kelly might be good except he doesn't understand that in professional sports talent trumps all. 

Well, on the bright side, retirement already took most of their good talent. And I have to think Kaepernick is staying. Might work if they don't indulge every personnel move he proposes.

Well, on the bright side, retirement already took most of their good talent. And I have to think Kaepernick is staying. Might work if they don't indulge every personnel move he proposes.

Kaep looking a lil' dark skinned ain't he? 

Mel Kiper has released his first 2016 Mock Draft:

1. TENNESSEE TITANS (3-13): Joey Bosa DE Ohio St.

2. CLEVELAND BROWNS (3-13): Jared Goff QB California

3. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (4-12): Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss

4. DALLAS COWBOYS (4-12): DeForest Buckner DE Oregon

5. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (5-11): Jalen Ramsey DB Florida St.

6. BALTIMORE RAVENS (5-11): Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

7. SAN FRANCISCO 49ers (5-11): Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss

8. MIAMI DOLPHINS (6-10): Shaq Lawson DE Clemson

9. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (6-10): Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida

10. NEW YORK GIANTS (6-10): Myles Jack LB UCLA

11. CHICAGO BEARS (6-10): Reggie Ragland LB Alabama

12. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (7-9): A’Shawn Robinson DL Alabama

13. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (7-9): Robert Nkemdiche DL Ole Miss

14. PARTS UNKNOWN RAIDERS (7-9): Jack Conklin OT Michigan St.

15. LOS ANGELES RAMS (7-9): Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

16. DETROIT LIONS (7-9): Jarran Reed DL Alabama

17. ATLANTA FALCONS (8-8): Kevin Dodd DE Clemson

18. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (8-8): Taylor Decker OT Ohio St.

19. BUFFALO BILLS (8-8): Jonathan Allen DE Alabama

20. NEW YORK JETS (10-6): Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame

21. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (9-7): Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson

22. HOUSTON TEXANS (9-7): Carson Wentz QB North Dakota St.

23. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (11-5): Josh Doctson WR TCU

24. CINCINNATI BENGALS (12-4): Will Fuller WR Notre Dame

25. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (10-6): Kendall Fuller

26. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (10-6): Eli Apple CB Ohio St.

27. GREEN BAY PACKERS (10-6): Austin Johnson DT Penn St.

28. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (11-5): Kenny Clark DT UCLA

29. DENVER BRONCOS (12-4): Ezekiel Eliott RB Ohio St.

30. ARIZONA CARDINALS (13-3): Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia

31. CAROLINA PANTHERS (15-1): Emanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma St.

Schefter on Twitter is saying the 49ers are down to Shanahan or Chip Kelly. . . .

Those may be my two least favorite football coaches ever. Shanahan has never been good without Elway and Davis, and has thrown anyone not named Elway or Davis under the bus for his failures. Chip Kelly might be good except he doesn't understand that in professional sports talent trumps all.
To be fair, he got multiple 10-win seasons out of Jake Plummer, including 13-3 one year.

Those may be my two least favorite football coaches ever. Shanahan has never been good without Elway and Davis, and has thrown anyone not named Elway or Davis under the bus for his failures. Chip Kelly might be good except he doesn't understand that in professional sports talent trumps all.
To be fair, he got multiple 10-win seasons out of Jake Plummer, including 13-3 one year.

My bad, he's officially a miracle worker.

Splitting the difference between SA and Austin - the New Braunfels Raiders?  I don't need that crap 20 miles from my house screwing up traffic 8 times a year.  Screw that.  

I'm guessing that's all posturing.  If it were real, they'd be in for a real surprise if they came here and found out people here care far more about Dallas/UT/A&M/Houston/etc than they ever would about the Raiders

Splitting the difference between SA and Austin - the New Braunfels Raiders?  I don't need that crap 20 miles from my house screwing up traffic 8 times a year.  Screw that.  

I'm guessing that's all posturing.  If it were real, they'd be in for a real surprise if they came here and found out people here care far more about Dallas/UT/A&M/Houston/etc than they ever would about the Raiders

Putting the Raiders in San Antonio just ain't right.

Yeah Chester, the majority of us ignore Rippa too.  

Anyway, Bloomberg has details of the LA Rams proposal which was as Mike Florio put it: "Stan’s proposal was like watching Star Wars," while the Carson plan "was like watching a home movie from the '70s."

Basically, the implication is the Rams have a very privately funded deal where they're going to completely renovate the area, adding an "NFL campus" area with the strong implication that the NFL will move its headquarters to LA.  Also, if Kroenke's numbers are to be believed, the Chargers are very screwed if they think they're doing anything other than becoming the tenants of the Rams.  

The plot thickens...

The Chargers have zero fanbase in Los Angeles. They may have deluded themselves into believing they do, but they'd rank behind Oakland, the Rams, and then the Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, Packers in some order.

I think it would be interesting if the Rams had to share with the Raiders, though, because, even if Kroenke paid for everything, the Raiders would own the town.

Chip is an upgrade from Tomsula. A dancing monkey would be an upgrade from Tomsula also.  But what I do like is that Chip has already worn out his welcome somewhere. Sometimes a coach needs to be ran out of town and learn from those mistakes. Also, Trent is not going to allow Chip to steer the ship I'm sure. We'll see. At least they have someone who can run an offense.