DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

If Cooper was black and said something like that like 'cracker' or 'honkey' would there be as much out rage?

Since most people can tell that some things are worse than other things, no.

It's worse because why? Because you're stuck on a word? Fuck the word, throw that out altogether.  Have Riley Cooper say "I'll whoop every black motherfucker's ass" instead.  Is that worse than if a black dude said "I'll whoop every white motherfucker's ass"?  No.  They're the same thing.  Both racism. Neither one better or worse than the other.  

Can you really not see the difference between what Riley Cooper said and a black person saying "I'll whoop every white motherfucker's ass"? Whenever I hear arguments like this, it seems that white people are fighting to be able to use the word. That is appalling to me.

In literally any other field, if a low level employee said something discriminatory in a public place and other complained, they would be terminated. Riley Cooper at this point is getting off easy. The ironic reality is that an injury to a black man is probably saving his job.

I'm not ruling out anything, but what is the likelihood of a black NFL player going on a racist rant against whites being caught on tape? If you have a white team owner, a white general manager, a white coach, or some combination of that, the internet outrage will be last of your worries. The hammer is going to get dropped really quickly.

If Cooper was black and said something like that like 'cracker' or 'honkey' would there be as much out rage?

Since most people can tell that some things are worse than other things, no.

It's worse because why? Because you're stuck on a word? Fuck the word, throw that out altogether.  Have Riley Cooper say "I'll whoop every black motherfucker's ass" instead.  Is that worse than if a black dude said "I'll whoop every white motherfucker's ass"?  No.  They're the same thing.  Both racism. Neither one better or worse than the other.  

Because of historical context and the inequality of power.  You're probably also one of those whiny crybabies with a massive sense of entitlement who believes that reverse racism is actually a real thing harming the country rather than bullshit myth that it actually is.

• Like 5

To me, this is like when a million hillbillies on facebook started posting pictures of white kids who'd been killed by black people during the Trayvon Martin thing. I hate this "They can do it, but we can't?" nonsense.

To me, this is like when a million hillbillies on facebook started posting pictures of white kids who'd been killed by black people during the Trayvon Martin thing. I hate this "They can do it, but we can't?" nonsense.

You have to understand that a lot of those people are suburbanites rather than hillbillies.

Dumb white people think black people being racist against white people is "reverse racism" instead of just racism, since for some reason that only applies to white-against-black.

Dumb white people also think that white people are hurt by "reverse racism" more than black people are hurt by actual racism.

Geez people, this is too heavy for me right now, can't we talk about touchdowns....or something...

Although I am officially on the side of racism is stupid. I dislike people because of who they are as people, not because of whatever ancestory they have or whatever.

As for football comments...I am officially frightened by the prospects of the Packers' season this year. There is nothing to make me think that the defense is going to be anything but terrible.

It's bound to work one of these years. And when it stops working, the Graham Harrel regime begins. Him or whichever scrub is back up at the time. I'm hoping for 76 years-old Randall Cunningham.