DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

I think you're over-shooting the time it will take for our hope to die by about a month.

Lets see, the bills could be 2-2 after sept, with NE and Baltimore being losses, and Carolina and the Jets being wins. .

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

its October where our hopes turn to shit though the browns are beatable. . .

Hey Gruden, when Roddy White gives up a sure first down to run backward three yards for nothing, helping stall the drive and forcing his team to settle for a FG instead of going for a TD, that's not the time to put him over for "working the middle of the field better than anyone else".

Love when the NFL Network does their version of the RedZone channel in the preseason with all these look ins.  Plus I can watch the Skins without listening to Theisman play the company bitch

And we get our first stupid celebration penalty in the Skins TD from Fred Davis. Based on what who the fuck knows.  Although if they are this strict about the penalty then these Skins WR may get a penalty on every other catch.

Well the Browns are looking great and/or the Rams defense and special teams look like complete shit. 

I think they could have with a top 10 QB but I am not sure if a guy like Matt Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer who is probably better would have won

Luckily for Sexy Rexy the 4th string QB Pat White has looked awful and would need a Colt Brennan X 3 performance for the spot. 

I will say Sexy Rexy has looked good tonight.  Hell we was great in last preseason.   I think he is making a run to be one of the greatest 3rd string QB's in history :D

For all you Skins fans who are feeling empty after the end of the Cult of Colt, I welcome you all to the Pat White QB bandwagon.  I have faith in the delusional Skins fans to make this happen on the radio tomorrow

Question that popped up in my head after seeing Sexy Rexy stink horribly again in preseason: if the Bears had a better QB in that one Super Bowl, could they have beat Peyton and the Colts?

That depends on the QB, but I will say that the Bears biggest problem in that Superbowl was our unwillingness to tweak the Cover 2.  Peyton exploited us with 5 yard dump passes pretty much the entire game.  The truly great QBs always picked Lovie's Cover 2 apart, but it didn't help that Tony Dungy was on the other sideline.

I will always remember that Superbowl for the mark out moment I had when Hester returned the opening kickoff.

Question that popped up in my head after seeing Sexy Rexy stink horribly again in preseason: if the Bears had a better QB in that one Super Bowl, could they have beat Peyton and the Colts?

That depends on the QB, but I will say that the Bears biggest problem in that Superbowl was our unwillingness to tweak the Cover 2.  Peyton exploited us with 5 yard dump passes pretty much the entire game.  The truly great QBs always picked Lovie's Cover 2 apart, but it didn't help that Tony Dungy was on the other sideline.

I will always remember that Superbowl for the mark out moment I had when Hester returned the opening kickoff.

It was primarily the second half. The Bears D checked out at that point not being able to see that Manning was going to run the same play 9 times in a row. 

The SEASON-ENDING INJURY OF THE DAY BROUGHT TO YOU BY SUPER SOAKER ® GOES TO...Steelers WR Plaxico Burress, done for the year with a torn rotator cuff.

Him Plaxidentally [re: "The League"] injuring himself doesn't bode well. Do the Steelers have a WR taller than 5'10" at this point?

The SEASON-ENDING INJURY OF THE DAY BROUGHT TO YOU BY SUPER SOAKER ® GOES TO...Steelers WR Plaxico Burress, done for the year with a torn rotator cuff.

Him Plaxidentally [re: "The League"] injuring himself doesn't bode well. Do the Steelers have a WR taller than 5'10" at this point?

How old is he now? This could be a career for him no?