DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Found the 2076 World Series baseball bat this morning, decided I should sell it to Moe rather than a random vendor. I was prepared to be disappointed, but sure enough there was specific dialogue coded for that eventuality, even though he didn't give me a quest to get it or anything.

Joined the Brotherhood of Steel this morning - not sure how much of their main quests I will do but I will spam the never ending missions for experience

Kinda glad since I would have been pissed if I had to go to Hubris Comics a third time

Anybody had any issues getting on the Vertibird at Prydwen? I found a few posts on the Steam forum where people were saying it marks the wrong one. Others said they had to reload their saves. I've tried all the suggestions I've seen and nothing works.

(Worst case scenario is I have to walk where they want me to go and fight everything myself. Several posted that the story will progress even though you never got in the Vertibird.)

• Like 1

Made it to Diamond City today. It was...dicey. I still feel way underpowered (at level 10). Getting better weapons, but man, it still feels like a strong breeze will take me out. I need to change the way I'm spec'ed, I think.

Made it to Diamond City today. It was...dicey. I still feel way underpowered (at level 10). Getting better weapons, but man, it still feels like a strong breeze will take me out. I need to change the way I'm spec'ed, I think.

No, that's just Fallout. You feel like you are liable to fall to a strong wind right up until every enemy you encounter feels like a non issue.

• Like 1

Pretty much. That's my biggest gripe with the game. Now it's more of a grind and less of a fun challenge.

And advice for a neophyte: save. And save often. Make a new save point at the end of each session at least.

So I just got a PS4 and Fallout 4. Since this is my first time playing a Fallout game, are there any basic tips I need to know?

The game's openimg tutorial should tell you everything you need to know.

No, that's just Fallout. You feel like you are liable to fall to a strong wind right up until every enemy you encounter feels like a non issue.

I guess I just don't remember this phase from 3. Other than Cazadores, I definitely didn't experience it in New Vegas. It's not a bad thing. Every moment of combat has a nice added tension.

Usually roll around with a combat shotgun in these games. Finally found one in 4, right before turning it off for the night. Looking forward to breaking it in.

Keep in mind, New Vegas was not a Bethesda game. They basically intentionally gave you a route to take that was a "If you stick by this, you won't encounter too tough yet" guide. Also, the enemies in Fallout 4 are flat out smarter, or have better tactics. Ghouls are more dangerous, Raiders come in better numbers, multiple enemies try to take you by surprise, and just about EVERYTHING is fast.

You'll be fine. I went in the other day at 9 or 10 and it was pretty much a slaughter. I did die once, but that was because of me carrying way too much and getting hit with a grenade. I suggest going in with Power Armor if only to carry more.

I finally made it to the castle. Big momma came out and made me shit my pants, but I was handling her pretty well by running and shooting. Then three different mirelurks snuck up on me out of nowhere, so it was four on one because I don't know where the hell the rest of the minutemen were.

I died twice, so I said fuck this - y'all gon learn today. I fast traveled to Sanctuary, where all my shit is. Picked up the Fat Man and the missle launcher, then climbed into my upgraded T-60 armor.

I randomly happened to flip from Diamond City Radio (Anyone else as obsessed with it as I am? I've barely heard any dialogue because I won't shut it off.) to Classical Radio, and Flight of the Valkyries was playing while I suited up.

It's those tiny action movie hero moments that happen from time to time that keep me loving video games.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't admit this on a wrestling board, but I initially confused that song with Flair's theme, so I was going WOOOOOOO every time I shot a mini nuke. I realized my mistake pretty quickly, but I still say it was worth it.

• Like 2