DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Don't know if this has been happening to you guys but I was having an issue where every time I fast traveled from Sanctuary, it would say that the residents were unhappy b/c there wasn't enough water or enough beds even though there was more than enough of both. They haven't fixed that bug yet but I read that if you're in Sanctuary and need to fast travel, you should go to the Red Rocket station which is close by and fast travel from there. This will stop the number of beds from dropping in Sanctuary for some reason. I did this last night and can confirm that it works. At least on PS4 anyway.

I've given up on trying to build my own shacks in my settlements and am just going with the prefab versions from this point on. I cannot make a square/rectangular home using the wooden walls. The sides don't seem to match up with the corner pieces. The Sims, this ain't.

It takes some practice b/c they do a shit job of explaining things but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to get the pieces to snap into place.

There are some really great and impressive things online that people have made in their settlements.  I saw two full on arenas, one of them had a wrestling ring and ramp entrance and another one had complete locker rooms, vending areas, etc.  Just really impressive.  Also saw one that someone playing on PC made where it was a tall fighting arena with an open top pit with turrets surrounding the top and he would put in a command to spawn in enemies and have them do battle.  I saw his video where he had a couple deathclaws and about 30 raiders in there doing battle and it was just ridiculous carnage.  At the end he just turns on the turrets and kills the winner. 

Some guy also made a character with a full on charisma build and was able to get an albino deathclaw to be his companion.  Pretty ridiculous. 

There are some really great and impressive things online that people have made in their settlements.  I saw two full on arenas, one of them had a wrestling ring and ramp entrance and another one had complete locker rooms, vending areas, etc.  Just really impressive.  Also saw one that someone playing on PC made where it was a tall fighting arena with an open top pit with turrets surrounding the top and he would put in a command to spawn in enemies and have them do battle.  I saw his video where he had a couple deathclaws and about 30 raiders in there doing battle and it was just ridiculous carnage.  At the end he just turns on the turrets and kills the winner. 

Some guy also made a character with a full on charisma build and was able to get an albino deathclaw to be his companion.  Pretty ridiculous. 

Oh man, making a wrestling ring would be pretty cool. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that.

Also, can you set-up ridiculous battles on PS4 or is it just something you can do on the PC using console commands?

Here's 100 Brotherhood of Steel Knights vs. 1000 Deathclaws

I was thinking my place in Sanctuary was pretty good till I saw some of the stuff online.  

Putting floors down before doing walls is definitely the way to go.  Things can still get wonky though, especially with some types of corners, or with doorways.

Spent an hour or so last night building some stuff in 2 smaller settlements.  Finally got my supply lines hooked up for a couple places too.  Finished up a complete level without firing a shot.

I was thinking my place in Sanctuary was pretty good till I saw some of the stuff online.  

Putting floors down before doing walls is definitely the way to go.  Things can still get wonky though, especially with some types of corners, or with doorways.

Spent an hour or so last night building some stuff in 2 smaller settlements.  Finally got my supply lines hooked up for a couple places too.  Finished up a complete level without firing a shot.

I've been having problems assigning someone to my weapons stand in Sanctuary. I have a trader and someone at the drink stand. No matter who i assign to the weapons stand won't go there. If I track them down within the settlement, they'll sell weapons, they just won't be at the stand. I've tried using the random settlers and the named characters and nothing works.

I finally got my first attack on a settlement.

And what I found funny was that it was my only other settlement (besides Sanctuary) that I had set-up defenses on.

Poor poor stupid Gunners.

I am linking all my settlements more just to have access to all the workshops at once.

I finally got my first attack on a settlement.

And what I found funny was that it was my only other settlement (besides Sanctuary) that I had set-up defenses on.

Poor poor stupid Gunners.

I am linking all my settlements more just to have access to all the workshops at once.

Nobody has been dumb enough to attack Sanctuary yet. A few have tried the drive-in but they just get cut to ribbons by my machine gun turrents and a couple have tried Hangman's Alley but I stuck a turrent right in the middle of the door and one at the end of the alley and that pretty much kills anything that gets close. Tennpines Bluff is a tough one to defend.

Do you get a warning that a settlement is under attack or does it only happen when you're on site?

I hadn't done anything on the settlements other than Sanctuary till last night.  My defense there is nearly 300, so I think I've got that place covered.  I had a dozen generators just to run my house there, and it still wasn't enough.  Had to add a couple more last night.

My character seems to be getting over the death of her husband a little too easily.  She's now in varying stages of romances with 3 different women.  Recruited Cait over the weekend, and I think she might be my favorite follower so far.  

Do you get a warning that a settlement is under attack or does it only happen when you're on site?

You get a pop-up message and then when you look at your map a little icon shows which settlement is getting attacked.

My problem is that when I fast traveled to the settlement - I literally dropped in front of the gunners out in the middle of the fucking field so thanks for that game

My character seems to be getting over the death of her husband a little too easily.  She's now in varying stages of romances with 3 different women.  Recruited Cait over the weekend, and I think she might be my favorite follower so far.  

Cait is a delicate balance in trying to raise her opinion of you. I probably will just do the lockpicking trick the next time I find a safe controlled by a computer.

I have no fucking clue how I am going to raise Strong's opinion of me

You get a pop-up message and then when you look at your map a little icon shows which settlement is getting attacked.

My problem is that when I fast traveled to the settlement - I literally dropped in front of the gunners out in the middle of the fucking field so thanks for that game

There have been a couple of times when I dropped in just to check in on a settlement or build some shit and the place has gotten randomly attacked. Super Mutants like to try to attack the drive-in. Also, there have also been a few times where there's a random gun battle between caravan merchants, super mutants and feral ghouls near Hangman's Alley. They're not attacking the settlement but I could hear the gun shots while I was in the settlement so I went and joined in on the battle so I could loot the dead.

What is the memory of your dead spouse when there are perks to be had? My character romanced Piper, and he is now trying to bang Preston.

Cait is a delicate balance in trying to raise her opinion of you. I probably will just do the lockpicking trick the next time I find a safe controlled by a computer.

I have no fucking clue how I am going to raise Strong's opinion of me

Here's a guide on what each companion likes and dislikes

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/friends-with-benefits-a-guide-for-all-12-companions-in-fallout-4

Cait's story makes no sense, but raising her opinion of you is easy. Just open locks and be a dick to everyone.

While we're talking romance, my nerd character has so far failed two Flirt checks and two Romance checks with hot reporter chick. Is he out of luck? I initially figured failing the first Romance was it (that was when I got her perk), but she gave me another opening.

Reading that guide cwoy2j posted, it says that Cait likes chems. Does that mean that I can take the Party Animal perk and then just chug chems to get Cait to "Idolize" level as quickly as possible? Has anyone tried that strategy?

I have been doing the drink some booze method with her - and it sometimes works.

I havent figured out yet if it is because she only likes certain types of liquor or if she has to be super close or something

(Like she liked me drinking bourbon but not vodka)

Rented this at the walking-distance Redbox to see if I like it. Jury's still out, but you should see me run from radroaches while trying to shoot them. All that's missing is the stereotypical shriek of the '50s housewife. I'm dreading my first one of those big bastards I detested in New Vegas.

Any general tips for splitting up SPECIAL points? I started the game with 4 apiece in each attribute, but I think I wanna key on the one that increases my VATS accuracy.