DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I'd love to know how to keep the riffraff out of my place.  Thanks to the helpful suggestion I got, momma Murphy is now sitting in a chair staring into a corner in the ass end of Sanctuary.  Now I just want to keep the rest of em out.  Would be nice to have a way to avoid the damned radiation storms as well.

Not sure it's the best way, but I stuck a shitload of generators on one the foundations I cleared in Sanctuary, then wired em all up to a single pylon before running it to my house.  I ringed the outside of the place with conduits, and that's been enough to power the lights, jukebox, disco ball, etc.  Didn't have to do any wiring inside.  Stuff that needed a lot of power (spotlights and laser turrets) had to be wired from the pylons.

I'd love to know how to keep the riffraff out of my place.  Thanks to the helpful suggestion I got, momma Murphy is now sitting in a chair staring into a corner in the ass end of Sanctuary.  Now I just want to keep the rest of em out.  Would be nice to have a way to avoid the damned radiation storms as well.

Not sure it's the best way, but I stuck a shitload of generators on one the foundations I cleared in Sanctuary, then wired em all up to a single pylon before running it to my house.  I ringed the outside of the place with conduits, and that's been enough to power the lights, jukebox, disco ball, etc.  Didn't have to do any wiring inside.  Stuff that needed a lot of power (spotlights and laser turrets) had to be wired from the pylons.

Cool, thanks.

Be careful around Swan's Lake. I mean all the signs around the place tell you that but I guess you also needed someone here to mention that as well :-p

I SAW NO SIGNS!!!

That fucking Tour Bot tortured me for like 5 minutes - I turn left and then BOOM!

Killed a legendary deathclaw with the help of seventeen settlers at the drive-in a few play sessions ago. Only one casualty. Good times.

I have not had time to play much at all this week, but I almost don't know what to do next since I have about twelve standing questlines open.

Be careful around Swan's Lake. I mean all the signs around the place tell you that but I guess you also needed someone here to mention that as well :-p

I SAW NO SIGNS!!!

That fucking Tour Bot tortured me for like 5 minutes - I turn left and then BOOM!

Would've hated to spoil it for you.

Fortunately I have a habit of triggering VATS to look for mines, so it flagged that damn thing before I got near it.  Woke it up with a critical I had stored up.  Piper charged in and distracted it while I whittled its health down from a distance.  I don't think I took any damage from it.

What's the best way to earn caps? I average around 800 caps at a time. That's a long way away from the 40,000 caps or so that some stores charge for a unique weapon.

My best weapons are shotguns, so I spend a lot of money on ammo. I think I'm at the first rank of cap collector. That brought the price of shotgun shells down from 9 caps to 8 caps.

To be fair - I skimmed all the posts with spoiler tags because I was paranoid

I did have a fun run in with Swan as I left Goodneighbor to go get Nick Valentine.

So when I spawned out in the Commons a group of Raiders had spawned. Problem for them - they spawned too close to Swan.

I watched that carnage for like 5 minutes before heading into the subway.

I SAW NO SIGNS!!!

I forget the direction I initially came in but there should be signs on the fence surrounding Swan's Lake that say Keep Out / DANGER. I think I had Piper with me and she mentioned that people would come to here and disappear.

Yeah, she said something about it being Boston Common, and how bad that was.  I just didn't listen.  I now have a dozen swan boat fragments in a container in my house.  No idea what to do with em, but I'm wondering if they might be used for something later.

I do like that if I remember to put on Agatha's Dress in time - I can pass any speech check now (unless you can somehow fail with a Charisma of 10)

And between looking for Nick Valentine and the ones randomly sent after me - so many dead Triggerman

With that and power armor, you're basically a tank.

And as a bonus, I juuuuuuuust found the Melee bobblehead.

I'm running around with power armor on, my super sledge in hand, the Melee bobblehead bonus, and three of the five levels of Big Hitter activated and I'm one-shotting legendary ghouls, raiders, and Super Mutants. It's pretty fucking glorious. I even beat a Deathclaw to death by hand without having to stop for a piece of food or Stimpack. This game is now broken as fuck for me. 

Do you guys wear Power Armor a lot? I ran mine down during the initial quest and haven't found any new cores yet.

This is a bit late to answer your question, but I just ran through the Irish Cannery factory outside of Boston, and there were three power cores there. The factory only has ghouls in it, so it's not too hard to navigate even at a lower level.

I do like that if I remember to put on Agatha's Dress in time - I can pass any speech check now (unless you can somehow fail with a Charisma of 10)

And between looking for Nick Valentine and the ones randomly sent after me - so many dead Triggerman

Stats aren't capped at 10, so I'm not sure whether 10 is an autosuccess. I don't think I've failed a persuasion check with Charisma 12, but I could be forgetting one.

And Triggermen die like flies. Have you done the mission where you're asked to wipe out three warehouses full of them?

Sir Smelly McUgly, up the difficulty. Hard should be a decent challenge. I've taken a week long break from the game and will probably increase the difficulty one more time once I get back into it.

I actually do have the difficulty on hard. I just have a build that favors bashing the shit out of things with melee attacks. Went hard on strength, charisma, and intelligence in my initial build and for my first few levels. I don't think I took an actual perk until about five or six levels into the game. 

Poor Piper is gonna be glowing soon.  I found a hazmat suit somewhere, so we went exploring in the southwest corner of the map.  There are actually a fair number of mapped locations around there.  Ain't much moving around topside.  Outside of the standard flying bugs and a shitload of radscorps, all I saw was one solitary Deathclaw.  Surprised there weren't a bunch of mutants out there.

Had an unfortunate experience with fast travel, where it spawned me right next to some kind of high level automaton with a skull next to its name.  It basically one-shot me.  I tried the travel again to see if that was a random thing, but it was there again.  Fortunately, Piper distracted it for a bit, so I was able to get about 20 shotgun rounds into it.  It was still a close thing, though.

I think I've finally got all the perks I need to do all the settlement upgrades I want.  Now I can finally work on combat related perks.