DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

YES. See my earlier post. Second best part of the game from what I've played. First was a glowing deathclaw in a hut in DA BACKWOODZ right by a super mutant/BoS battle just a couple hundred yards away. Luring the deathclaw in that fight made for some great times.

The museum had a spooky Blair Witch Project vibe for a while. I would've kept that going all the way through but where they went was cool too.

The completely polar opposite to that is Dum Dum Dugginz is now cruising and crushing in power armor 24/7 and fears nothing. Power sledge with 10 second poison after contact + 4 star big league perk = get out da waaaay. Just need to get that power armor tackle perk and I may up the difficulty just to make things interesting again.

Considering I just got to Diamond City - yesterday, I figure that is where I will be for like the next two days

I made it there, got overwhelmed, and turned the game off. Apparently I have video game agoraphobia.

I was told that bottlecaps were my best friend before I started playing, so I've been scooping them up every chance I get. I thought I had a ton, walked up to a vendor, and shit my pants.

The ammo I wanted would have almost cleaned me out. I felt like a kid walking up to the counter at Chuck E Cheese all cocky with a fistful of tickets, eyeballing the top shelf.

"No son...you can afford the lollipops and maybe a bouncy ball."

• Like 5

The ammo I wanted would have almost cleaned me out. I felt like a kid walking up to the counter at Chuck E Cheese all cocky with a fistful of tickets, eyeballing the top shelf.

"No son...you can afford the lollipops and maybe a bouncy ball."

Oh, fuck, that is the funniest shit I have seen all day! 

Met my first Alpha Deathclaw yesterday.  Completely cheesed my way through that one

The game sets you up for it by allowing you to activate 4 Protectotrons at the same time.  I never had to fire a shot.

I watched a Brotherhood patrol get wiped out today by raiders of all things.  Wasn't expecting that to go that way.  Got myself some Brotherhood armor out of it, then finished off the raiders.

Also, Legendary Mirelurks can kiss my ass.  Especially this damn 

Mirelurk Queen

that I just ran into that decided to bring a dozen of its buddies to the fight.

I fucking hated Mirelurks.  I think the reason I was so well prepared for Direclaws in F3 was due to repeatedly getting my ass beat by Mirelurks.

I totally wanted to be able to make my own Mirelurk Cakes like that one set of Raiders did.  I don't give a fuck if the things really are sentient.  If they fuck with me, they will become dinner.

Boy if you guys haven't been to the Museum of Witchcraft yet, just wait til you go. Have a change of pants handy.

one fucking missile and a laser rifle.

Cheesed that fight.

Now did you return it, or sell it?

Went to the deathclaw nest first and picked up the Deathblow Gauntlet, then went to Diamond City and sold it

Just went into Fallout and got this message

"Your save file has been corrupted and cannot be loaded."

Almost had a heart attack. Go back the save before that (literally less then a minute) and it works fine. Jesus Christ game.

Been there, kinda...none of my saves were even showing, i had to reboot then sign out and back in

Finished off that bigass Mirelurk thing.  I had to lure it into a fight between Gunners and mutants.  They distracted it enough for me to finish it off. 

Also ran into my first Behemoth while wandering in a swamp down south.  I crept past it, climbed up an ridge and sniped it from long range.  Took about .308 rounds to take it down.

I fast traveled to the same church down south about 6 times today.  Every time but one it turned into a fight between the Brotherhood and somebody - gunners, super mutants or even a pack of named ghouls once.  I've got gobs of Brotherhood combat armor and power armor from stripping the corpses of the ones that didn't make it.

Boy if you guys haven't been to the Museum of Witchcraft yet, just wait til you go. Have a change of pants handy.

one fucking missile and a laser rifle.

Cheesed that fight.

Now did you return it, or sell it?

Went to the deathclaw nest first and picked up the Deathblow Gauntlet, then went to Diamond City and sold it

theres something in the nest? Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff - i dropped the egg in and saw the mama come out and bury it, then left quick sharpish

Having finally had enough of her bitchy attitude, I just walled off Marcy Long so she can no longer walk around Sanctuary Hills as she pleases. Fuck Marcy Long. 

*edited to add:

Fuck! Next time I went to town she was free. God damn it. 

FUCK

MARCY

LONG

And while I'm at it fuck the Vault Tec sales guy too. If I hear one more time about how he was supposed to win a pack of steak knives....

• Like 1

Ran into my first real "bug" as I was doing Diamond City Blues and the part where it is supposed to allow you to decide your share never happened.

Pete just stood there and I never got any dialogue choices. I had to enter a building and it was all STEP COMPLETE~!

So I didn't get to choose (thankfully the default was the one i was going to do). Nothing major but it was a little frustrating

I got hit with the save corrupted bug this morning.  There was an additional save that somehow got added after the last one I did the night before, and that's what it was trying, and failing, to load.  I just went back to the last save I had done and it worked fine.  Then I spent the morning shooting Mirelurks in the face.

Having finally had enough of her bitchy attitude, I just walled off Marcy Long so she can no longer walk around Sanctuary Hills as she pleases. Fuck Marcy Long.

*edited to add:

Fuck! Next time I went to town she was free. God damn it.

FUCK

MARCY

LONG

And while I'm at it fuck the Vault Tec sales guy too. If I hear one more time about how he was supposed to win a pack of steak knives....

I'M HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!

I decided to do the quest where you find the missing detective, but I keep getting distracted on the way. I found some burned down comics shop and went in. I basically had seven heart attacks because ghouls kept sneaking up on me from behind. Then that "glowing one" bastard came at me. Thankfully, Codsworth sawed his arms off, so I filled his ass full of double barrel.

I leave and head toward the detective marker, accidentally waded through the swan pond in the middle of the street, hear a rumble, and out rises this big swan boss. He made short work of me, and I turned it off.

I'm finding I can only play this in short increments until I buy a pack of adult diapers.

But by far the creepiest thing to me is still the random mannequins. I hate the damn things.

• Like 1

So I'm finally getting an opportunity to play around with this a little bit.

After you get out of the vault, it's normal to spend your. . .I don't know. . .first three days (from sun up to sun down) walking around Sanctuary Hills and scrapping anything that isn't tied down, right?