DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

This game is ridiculous. So many great random interactions in the wasteland. Radscorp tried to attack a herd of brahmin, they scatter, I attack it. I swear that it would disappear and reappear behind me. I'm at a low level and playing on hard, so soft-shelled mirelurks fuck me up, not to mention radscorps. I managed to attack and run (then it would disappear and reappear behind me) long enough to outlast it.

I'll spoiler tag the other two interactions as I think at least one of them is more static and most everybody will see it:

I needed to cross a bridge and two super mutants, the first super mutants I'd seen, are patrolling it. I tried to take them head on at first, got quickly annihilated. Tried again, drew them away from the bridge and the open into back alleys with some mines set up and where I can split them up and fight them at CQC. It worked like a charm though I barely survived. One of them dropped a fucking BOARD, so Hacksaw Dum Dum Dugginz now has a 2x4 with which to rule the world.

The last event was when I was heading to a raider base to break up a trade I learned about earlier. The perimeter was well guarded and I was, yet again, taken out in my first attempt. Second attempt, I heard gunshots and swearing in the distant, then I saw an explosion down the street. At least one super mutant had tried to breach their perimeter just as I was about to. It weakened the raiders to the point where I could pick off the survivor (a legendary raider, not somebody to take lightly).

Fun fun fun.

The addition of legendary emenies changes the gameplay so much.  You think you are fighting with a couple of feral dogs, until you notice one is called Legendary Vicious Alpha Mongrel, then you have to figure out how to kill it and get his bandana. 

• Like 1

Didn't take me long to hit my first glitch. The game treats me as if I'm wearing Power Armor, but I don't have it equipped. Can't mod weapons as a result. Irritating. 

Didn't take me long to hit my first glitch. The game treats me as if I'm wearing Power Armor, but I don't have it equipped. Can't mod weapons as a result. Irritating.

Did you take actually exit it or did you just unequip it. The second one leaves the base on.

I actually exited it by holding X. I just had to skip back a brief autosave before, and it worked just fine after that.

I am enjoying this game otherwise, though I already feel overpowered relative to the rest of everything. It's easy to scrap up powerful weapons early. Still, man, I just love exploring uncharted lands like this while listening to the radio. So much fun. 

I can't build structures yet for some reason, but I'm also looking forward to getting my base set up. 

Fucking Mirelurks. I just spent eight Stimpacks shotgunning five of them in the face in a tense eight-minute battle. Fuuuuuck. 

I still have nine Stimpacks left, but shit man. My attempt at Molotoving them before they knew what hit them was unsuccessful, to say the least. 

I JUST HAD THE BEST SINGLE PLAYER GAMING MOMENT IN MY LIFE!

I'm doing a mission were I am venturing through with 2 companions (it's a specific scenario), when I encountered a Yaoi Guai for the first time. I fare better then I'd expect, until in come 3 Super Mutants into the fray. Before I can even react to that, a BRAND NEW ENEMY I DID NOT KNOW WAS IN THE GAME JUMPS INTO THE FRAY! And the new sombitches are TERRIFYING! And there was FOUR OF THEM. So all out chaos has broken out, and the new guys are faaaaaast, I finally emerge victorious, and it took me until now to realize I leveled up in the encounter.

The new enemy for those who are curious,

Stingwing. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's a mutated dragonfly. To which I say FUCK YES!

I'm spoilering the story incase it's scripted.

Okay, checkpoint.

Level 14, currently with 6 companions. So far I'm flat loving this game. I'm not doing brilliant with the economy or anything, but I'm making good mods, and I'm getting pretty good at killing baddies.

Now to just get a reliable source of adhesive...

Also, this games companions are great. Not quite Biowarw good, but pretty damn kickass.

I spent my evening shooting random people in the face, and figuring out how to build and furnish a little hut to keep my shit in.  I have the uncontrollable urge to turn everything around me into building materials right now.  

Made it to Diamond City, and immediately decided I wanted to wipe place out.  Not really sure why, I just do.  Saw some of the very few Boston landmarks I recognize.  Fell into the duck boat pond, and got my ass irradiated.  It was night, so I didn't see if the ducklings are there.  

Still getting my ass handed to me regularly.  Maybe I need to put some time into weapon and armor mods.  Lost about 20 minutes of progress because I quicksaved right as the first glowing one I encountered snuck up on me.  Got insta killed about 10 times on the restart, so I had to go to my previous save.  

I'm level six at this point. Went straight for the lockpick and hacking perk upgrades just like Oyaji, I think it was. Also got Lady Killer because I want to influence half the people in the game to give me stuff or not force me to do missions for them. And of course, I always work to increase the max weight I can carry. 

I'm in

Vault 81 saving the scientist's kid's life by slicing up Mole Rats with a machete in the hidden part of the lab. I guess the Overseer decided not to release viruses into the rest of the Vault after seeing what it did to the Mole Rats.

This game is pretty damn fun just like 3 and NV. You can't fuck up Fallout, though. The formula is fuck-up-proof. 

Those perks were El Dragon I'm pretty sure. I had to use the first 4 points on endurance because ol' Hacksaw was getting murdered before even getting in swinging range of his enemies. Playing on hard is so much fun because damn near everything can kill you if you're not paying attention. 

Idiot savant perk is great. It makes a really loud, jarring and obnoxious "HURRR DERP" type sound when it goes into effect. The little things in this game are outstanding. 

Alright, who's the evil bastard that added in the shit where you can scrap all the garbage laying around?  I'm spending a half hour cleaning up my piddly ass town and I know it means nothing.  Insidious shit.  Then you get this insane pistol from a legendary radroach that has unlimited ammo capacity. Then, you put a ton of mods on it that turns it into a sniper rifle with a huge bayonet on the front. I need to go to bed.

I'd say the only thing I don't like is how you have to hold down F to throw a grenade.  Why not just press G?  I do like how the bash works with a gun so you can take out fools when you rush up to them.

• Like 1