DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Cousins is putting up 27-11-3 a night, Rondo leads the league in assists by 1.7 per game over Westbrook.

How can this team not just put three shooters around them and run a pick and roll/spot up attack 90 times a game and be unstoppable?

Portland at Houston was one of those games where the final score doesn't tell the story of the game. At the end of the third quarter Portland was leading 74 to 53 with only four Rockets having scored baskets, only 2 in double figures, and not a single bench player having scored. I know they're are bad defensively but that has to be one of the worst offensive performances. 

I am so glad I abandoned my Knicks fandom

Why?  Knicks are fun now!

The best part of Knicks games are looking at Carmelo's face whenever Porzingis makes a basket.  He gets more despondent as he watches "his" team slip away. 

I'm more and more convinced he's going to deliberately trip him at some point when his jealousy finally gets the best of him. 

• Like 1

So much better with Okafor at the 4 and Noel at the 5. Better late than never.  Okafor has dropped like 20 lbs. since being drafted. Moves a lot better. One impressive thing is how fast he is attacking the basket now. He was getting his shot blocked a lot at the start of the season. November he had his shot blocked 37 times, 16 times in December, 6 times in January. Since acquiring Ish Smith Noel and Okafor are 1st and 3rd in the league in FG%. Stauskas had a decent January too. Shot 40% from 3. 

So who is next in the "get paid for 5 years for doing a season and a half of work" club?

Hoiberg.  It won't be this year, but the dude is clearly not in control.  No Rose, Butler, Mirotic or Noah last night so you would think the scrubs would be trying to maximize their court time, right?  Wrong.  https://vine.co/v/i1D0uPt3tB3

If Thibs had seen that, the Bulls would be running sprints as we speak.

The worst run pro sports organization in America? George Karl shouldn't be dealing with this shit.

The same George Karl who tried to go behind management's back to trade his best player?  He's the exact type of person who should be dealing with this shit.

One of the low key most fascinating NBA sub plots this year has been Jimmy Butler's open disdain for Fred Hoiberg. Its pretty common for NBA players to say stuff behind closed doors, to tune out a coach, or to speak to the media anonymously. It's incredibly rare for the best player on a home court playoff team to come out and talk about how the coach isn't hard enough on them and doesn't have their attention. 

The worst run pro sports organization in America? George Karl shouldn't be dealing with this shit.

The same George Karl who tried to go behind management's back to trade his best player?  He's the exact type of person who should be dealing with this shit.

The same franchise player that didn't want him hired and has wanted him gone since day 1? The same one that makes less than cryptic remarks about the coach? Cousins is a great player but probably not worth the trouble.

• Like 1