DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

So after the game Killa Cam says that Big Ed told him he's "not old enough" to get a roughing the passer call.  What.

There are so many things I could say here, but I'll just pare it down to, "Little Ed can take his stupid blind old ass back to the retirement home and spin on it"

#Blackqbsmatter

Wow, the "Insiders" were actually right (and I'm glad they were). Tomlin confirmed Ben has a sprained MCL - no breaks or torn ACL - so the 4-6 week time frame looks accurate. That's the good news. The bad is our schedule is so ridiculous going 2-4 over the next 6 would be a miracle.

And even worse, they're not planning on signing anybody so we're one hit away Landry Jones starting an NFL game. Dude wouldn't even make a CFL roster.

McMahon won a super bowl, on a team that had a guy who could have a claim for best RB in football history (who that year put up about 2,000 all purpose yards) and one of the best defensive units of all time (fewest points, fewest yards, and fewest rushing yards allowed in the league, as well as leading the league in INT's and being 3rd in the league in sacks) that was headlined by 3 Hall of Famers. Jim McMahon in the super bowl year had 15 TD's and 11 Picks. He did what he needed to do to get the team were they were going (which was to a dominant super bowl run), but let's not pretend he was an all time great or anything.

Per Jay Glazer - Panthers have acquired Jared Allen for a pick

I LOVE this.

I don't even know if Allen has anything left or not. Just the fact that we actively went out and acquired someone in a position of need during a season. I can't remember the last time we did that.

Sucky part is, it probably means CJ's injury is bad.

• Like 1

No because that title was won by the D and Walter Payton

Edit - another way to look at it. By that logic - Trent Dilfer is automatically the best Ravens QB

Well, no, that would be Otto Graham.

(Also Flacco has a ring.)

I'm stunned.  If Carolina gets anything close to what Allen was in Minnesota, this could be the fleecing of the Bears part deux.  And only for 800k this season?  I don't know what else to say.  Competence from the front office of my sports teams is something I'm not used to.

816772682.gif?1382407640&Expires=1443565

Looking at these goofs, I'm not sure if they're from here or Missouri.

gettyimages-490452580_r12529_1296x729_16

Probably incredibly drunk, inherently bad fashion attire, blatantly racist parts of it, yeah, could be either. At least there's no headdresses.

• Like 1