DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I haven't figured out the best way to do NXT threads yet and this is the perfect time for me to try this out.

So for now - I will break them into Quarters. It might turn into monthly. All I know is the last thread was way too unwieldy. (Takeover shows will still get their own thread)

Plus I had a random thought but it would get lost in the shouting over which NXT wrestler would one fuck last.

More on that in a sec.

So in regards to the whole Women Main Event vs. Match that could actually Main Event discussion.

If - again IF - they wanted to strike while the iron is hot and main event a Takeover with a women's match this year. They have one choice.

Bayley vs. Paige in London in December

It's not that hard to do from a logic, booking standpoint since you could just have Bayley be all "There is only one NXT Women's legend I haven't beaten" and you could even have Becky and Charlotte subtly mention how great Bayley is to get Paige jealous. (It helps that Bayley's first NXT match was versus Paige so you have footage to hype with too.) (The Raw after Hell in A Cell is in San Diego... it's not San Jose but it could work to bring Bayley to hype the show too)

Of course there is the issue that Paige would be the face in the UK. But still the crowd reaction would be what they were looking for and Bayley showing she can continue to work with a somewhat hostile crowd (Brooklyn was definitely more Sasha at the start of that match).

• Like 2

I like that idea. Not a big fan of Paige, but that is definitely a match that could likely do good numbers with as the main event.

While the Brooklyn crowd started off more into Sasha I wouldn't label them as hostile towards Bayley. They didn't actively dislike her, they just cheered Sasha more for a little while.

Just have Paige wear the kit of the hometown rival for cheap heat.

If they run the match in London, have her wear a L....... Kit. Since i doubt her wearing a Norwich kit would generate heat. Plus, paige wearing yellow and green would be odd.

Yeah, that wouldn't work. The London crowd will be from all over the country, and even if it was just London folks you have 5 top flight clubs and a whole slew of fans of Liverpool, Man Utd & Man City because gloryhunters. The best way to turn Paige would be to get her to heel on NXT - "I left this behind blah blah blah, now I've been dragged back blah blah blah"

BTW - the Dusty Rhodes brackets so we don't have to squint at them

Bracket A

First Round Matches
Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton
Finn Balor and Samoa Joe vs. The Lucha Dragons

Bracket B
First Round Matches
Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy vs. The Vaudevillians
Tucker Knight and Elias Samson vs. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder

Bracket C
First Round Matches
Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder vs. Marcus Louis and Alexander Wolfe
Jason Jordan and Chad Gable defeated Neville and Solomon Crowe

Bracket D
First Round Matches
Rhyno and Baron Corbin defeated The Ascension
Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. This match is confirmed to air next week.

You could have them make it to the Finals - lose via miscommunication

Do some sort of Finals rematch at the Takeover London show and do the Breakup there

That way you can go back to my aforementioned Bayley/Paige Main Event and get around the issue of Balor not defending the title in the main event of a UK show.

BTW - the Dusty Rhodes brackets so we don't have to squint at them

Bracket C

First Round Matches

Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder vs. Marcus Louis and Alexander Wolfe

Did this not happen on a house show and was Hype Bros vs Wolfe & Noah Kekoa?

Balor/Joe vs. Jordan/Gable is the complete opposite of the Corin/Rhyno match. Would get my pants off.

What's crazy is that it wasn't that long ago when I had Jordan in the "I see what WWE sees in him, but he's got a long way to go" category. I think teaming with a guy with as much personality as Gable has helped connect the dots for him a bit.

What's crazy is that it wasn't that long ago when I had Jordan in the "I see what WWE sees in him, but he's got a long way to go" category. I think teaming with a guy with as much personality as Gable has helped connect the dots for him a bit.

I think the dots were already there, they just weren't really giving him the chance to show it.

• Like 1

oh I thought Dusty booked that Road Warriors/Tully/Arn disaster in Chicago.  Shit, maybe we're talking about different things. I remember when Pillman fought Liger and they allowed the top rope to be used only for that match or some such.   I meant guys getting literally thrown over as opposed to jumping off.

That was Bill Watts not Dusty

Can we bring back over the top rope DQ's just for this tournament?

Then can we bring back talking about how great Dusty is during promos, even if he has nothing to do with whatever feud/match/angle the wrestler is involved in.