DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Let me point out that the WB/Rowlings deal is for multiple movies.

They are all to be based on the adventures of "fictitious author Newt Scamander" who I believe is the "author" of the "textbook"  FBAWTFT

So yeah... cash cow...

• Like 1

This looks fun! Horrid looking video game though.

Looks good, but I think it says something bad when my biggest takeaway is holy shit, Joey Diaz is fucking gigantic and looks like he gained back about three times the amount of weight he lost.

So there's a film about Princess Diana played by Naomi Watts called Diana coming out shortly (it's getting a kicking). This interview by Simon Mayo for Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Review on BBC Radio 5 Live has had UK press since last week as Naomi Watts walked out. The interview aired today for the first time:

This might halt some of your interest in The Fifth Estate.

http://wikileaks.org/IMG/html/wikileaks-dreamworks-memo.html#about

(A version of the script is above that.)

In addition, it's currently at 40% (20 reviews) on Rotten Tomatoes.

Pixar announced that The Good Dinosaur has been moved from May 30, 2014 to Nov. 25, 2015 and Finding Dory has been moved from that Nov 2015 spot to June 17, 2016.

Disney then moved Maleficent to that 2014 May date.

This also means that 2014 will be the first time since 2005 that there will be no Pixar movie

I watched 13 films at the Atlantic Film Festival. Probably won't get around to writing down my thoughts, but here are some general groupings:Very Good/Excellent

The Double

Prisoners

Blackfish

The Past

Jeune & Jolie

Good Stuff

Rhymes for Young Ghouls

Tracks

All The Wrong Reasons

Charming as Hell

The Grand Seduction

Meh

Touchy Feely

The Invisible Woman

The Shaky Camera Made Me Nauseous

There Will Be Monsters

It Has a Butt Monster In It

Bad Milo!

I watched 13 films at the Atlantic Film Festival. Probably won't get around to writing down my thoughts, but here are some general groupings:Very Good/Excellent

The Double

Prisoners

Blackfish

The Past

Jeune & Jolie

Just wondering if these are ranked?  Did you like The Double better than Prisoners?

Looks like Prisoners was #1 at the box office on Friday, which isn't a surprise or anything, but I'm so happy for Denis Villeneuve.  Word of mouth seems to be strong too.  Need to get myself to a theatre to see that as soon as possible.

I watched 13 films at the Atlantic Film Festival. Probably won't get around to writing down my thoughts, but here are some general groupings:Very Good/ExcellentThe DoublePrisonersBlackfishThe PastJeune & Jolie

Just wondering if these are ranked? Did you like The Double better than Prisoners?Looks like Prisoners was #1 at the box office on Friday, which isn't a surprise or anything, but I'm so happy for Denis Villeneuve. Word of mouth seems to be strong too. Need to get myself to a theatre to see that as soon as possible.
Not really in order, no. I'd definitely put J&J last in that group, but the rest are all close. PRISONERS is probably the better overall product, though THE DOUBLE is probably a little more audacious (PRISONERS is astonishingly well put-together, but hits a few too many typical thriller beats). If you liked A SEPARATION, you'll like THE PAST.

Word on the street is that Colin Farrell and Paula Patton are in negotiations to play the leads in the Duncan Jones' World of Warcraft movie

Best World of Warcraft related thing I've ever seen is South Park's Make Love, Not Warcraft (season 10). Superb episode.

Seems a little late to be doing an epic fantasy, doesn't it?  Genre's a bit played at this point.

Anyone want to start taking bets on if World of Warcraft will be better than Dungeons and Dragons? Colin Farrell...He may be the best example of Hollywood completely over-exposing and ruining a middling actor because they think he'll be a hot property. Farrell playing the lead just confirms that the movie will be crap, and Paula Patton looks like a million other actresses with kinda ok range.

Now, if it were Patton Oswalt as a lead, I would be in. That would at least confirm that the writer and director are treating WoW as a satire, which is what I think it should be. If it's a satire, but serious enough to not be a total joke, then the movie would work for me. Anything else, and it will be waiting for the Leroy Jenkins reference and thinking that if anything should be referenced, it's this: