DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

The starting QB tonight for the Dolphins is McLeod Bethell Thompson.   Clearly mom and dad were drinking when the issue of names came up   :lol:

McLeod John Balthazar Bethel-Thompson

That's actually his name. . .I only know that because he was a backup/practice squad guy for the Vikings for a couple of years.

• Like 1

Matt Darr was putting everything inside the 5-yard line and DVP got some live reps. I could give two shits about anything else that happened. 

COAs7ovWEAE2TXQ.jpg

What the fuck.  They gave him Roby's number???

Speaking of punters

The Giants cut Steve Weatherford

Which would be fine except... umm.... they have no other punter

I am assuming they know that someone they want is going to get cut

And trust me - that team is going to be punting a lot

Speaking of punters

The Giants cut Steve Weatherford

Which would be fine except... umm.... they have no other punter

I am assuming they know that someone they want is going to get cut

And trust me - that team is going to be punting a lot

Close...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/04/report-steelers-trade-punter-wing-to-giants/

Trading for a punter who lost his job to a dude who was working at an Australian McDonalds last season is fantastic.

Yeah, that's our local press for you. And that paper leans left too. Go figure. Well the Appleton one does, the GB one is basically the same though. Our state has turned to shit in the past 5 years if you hadn't noticed nationally. Worse shit if you already hated us.

Andy:

There are two types of Packer fans. Those who still hate the best quarterback in franchise history because he didn’t retire when they wanted him to when he clearly could still play at a high level, and those who hate possibly the best quarterback in NFL history because they think he’s a pretty boy from California who took Brett Favre’s job.

I hate Favre because he's an asshole who treated women like shit and wasn't willing to just let himself be traded while our new toy sat on the bench for another 3 years if he had his way. (Oh, also a recovering pill-head and I believe he loved his alcohol fiercely in the early days.)

I have nothing against Rodgers, I'm sure there's something wrong with him, but I couldn't give a shit less what he does unless it's something horrid. My rooting interest isn't to the point I actively lose it when they lose games, that would be my extended family who that's all they care about this time of year.

Aaron Rodgers would have to do something unbelievably heinous for me to turn on him. Like something that ended up in the Hague.

I don't hate Favre, I'm just sad that my (and most people's) last football memory of him is an old man that needed a cart to scrape him off the field.

• Like 1

This is so accurate it's scary.

The old saying in Green Bay was always, if you were African American you were either a Packer or just passing through.