DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Holy shit... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554097-peyton-manning-comments-on-2011-neck-surgery-doesnt-have-feeling-in-fingertips?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I can't feel anything in my fingertips. It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said, Don't count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today's the day! Then it's not.

Goddammit Peyton, don't get forced into retirement. If he's fine and healthy, ok, keep going, but comments like that, combined with how his performance just dropped in the last few weeks of the season, make me worried. 

• Like 1

Holy shit... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554097-peyton-manning-comments-on-2011-neck-surgery-doesnt-have-feeling-in-fingertips?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I can't feel anything in my fingertips. It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said, Don't count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today's the day! Then it's not.

Goddammit Peyton, don't get forced into retirement. If he's fine and healthy, ok, keep going, but comments like that, combined with how his performance just dropped in the last few weeks of the season, make me worried.

He has eight gagillion dollars, a ring, and is a top 5 or so all time QB. He's never gonna catch Brady for GOAT. SO.... Why in God's name is this even a discussion? He needs a come to Jesus talk with someone who doesn't benefit from him playing, stat.

• Like 1

Sexy Rexy is working out for the Falcons tomorrow

Clearly he and Kyle Shanahan are fucking

Has Kyle shown up with any new tattoos?  His dedication to Rex will always be in question in my eyes until he makes it official.

Holy shit... 

I can't feel anything in my fingertips. It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said, Don't count on the feeling coming back. It was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking, Today's the day! Then it's not.

He has eight gagillion dollars, a ring, and is a top 5 or so all time QB. He's never gonna catch Brady for GOAT. SO.... Why in God's name is this even a discussion? He needs a come to Jesus talk with someone who doesn't benefit from him playing, stat.

1) Don't count someone else's money

2) He'll be in the discussion if he wins a second Super Bowl with a different team, making him the only person to ever do that.

3) NFL Quarterbacks are, as a rule, complete ferociously over-competitive psychopaths.  Unless he suffers a(nother) catastrophic injury, he's going to keep playing well beyond his body's ability to.  Any sane person would have retired after the neck injury.

CBS announcer pairings

CNRG0ixWoAAdl8y.jpg

And I missed this last week when they came out

2015 FOX NFL Broadcast Teams:

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews
Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch and Pam Oliver
Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Laura Okmin
Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis and Tony Siragusa
Chris Myers, Ronde Barber and Jennifer Hale
Dick Stockton, David Diehl and Kristina Pink
Sam Rosen, (rotating analysts) Chris Cooley/Matt Millen/Kirk Morrison/Brady Quinn, (rotating reporters) Peter Schrager/Holly Sonders/Danielle Trotta

So Kenny, Moose and Goose are officially broken up

CBS announcer pairings

CNRG0ixWoAAdl8y.jpg

Sam Rosen, (rotating analysts) Chris Cooley/Matt Millen/Kirk Morrison/Brady Quinn, (rotating reporters) Peter Schrager/Holly Sonders/Danielle Trotta

My dream is an Esparanto feed on my FIOS.

CBS announcer pairings

CNRG0ixWoAAdl8y.jpg

My dream is an Esparanto feed on my FIOS.

Whatever happened to Ron Pitts? He was shockingly listenable calling terrible Panthers games.