DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-12-13 - Summerslam Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

Austin could face Rock, Cena, Hunter, Taker, Brock, Punk and it would make sense and have that big epic feel they want. Although I don't see how a Punk feud wouldn't suck. If he faced anyone else on the roster, including veteran guys like Kane, Henry and Big Show, it would be a huge disappointment. The idea that Austin's big comeback would be against Ziggler or Bryan is just mindblowing to me. The difference in star factor between Bryan and Hunter, or Ziggler and Taker, or Sheamus and Brock is huge, and you don't waste Austin on a match that isn't a mouthwatering prospect because some guy is on a bit of a hot streak.

No idea why Triple H was added to the main event.

Because Vince is too pussy to pull the trigger on Bryan as champion so we will have a fuck finish that will lead to nothing.

There's already a perfectly good fuck finish with Orton cashing in.

But that's a fuck finish that will lead to Orton-Bryan or an Orton-Bryan-Cena three-way.

Maybe the plan is to have the three of them face off in a three-way TLC match at...TLC as the blow-off to a three-way feud, with whoever comes out of that (which is still to be determined) being the likely champion going into Wrestlemania.  That seems to me like a reasonable long-term tentative booking plan.  If that were the plan, what Summerslam finish is the best step in that direction?

FWIW, Cena's going in for elbow surgery in the very near future.

How hated would Orton be if he did a run-in just before Daniel Bryan was about to make Cena tap, knocked out Bryan to cause a DQ, and successfully cashed in his briefcase after punting Cena's elbow?

I would much rather Bryan's title reign came this way a few months down the road then by beating Cena now.  It's a great way to get him away from the "I'm doing this to prove myself" thing and transition to something that maybe has longer legs?

Posted Image

"Anyone want to play with me?  You guys? No?  You're doing your own thing?  Cool.  Hey...you guys need me to....no?  Cool...I'll just be here if anyone is interested in doing, like, a sequence or...whatever you want...no?  Yes?...someone?"

The last thing I want to do is defend Triple H but it WAS noticeable how over he is. He had a top 3 pop on the show.

Of course he did. His 3 pops of the night: 1) Coming out when Vince was about to screw over Bryan by making Maddox the ref. 2) Pedigreeing Maddox. 3) After Bryan/Cena when the crowd was the hottest they were all night.

How hated would Orton be if he did a run-in just before Daniel Bryan was about to make Cena tap, knocked out Bryan to cause a DQ, and successfully cashed in his briefcase after punting Cena's elbow?

I would much rather Bryan's title reign came this way a few months down the road then by beating Cena now.  It's a great way to get him away from the "I'm doing this to prove myself" thing and transition to something that maybe has longer legs?

I could really see them teasing a Bryan title reign, then analyzing merchandise sales, PPV buy-rates, and TV ratings before deciding whether to pull the trigger.  Your use of the WWE app could decide whether he gets a longer run at the top or ends up being a transitional champ with a token run.

I could really see them teasing a Bryan title reign, then analyzing merchandise sales, PPV buy-rates, and TV ratings before deciding whether to pull the trigger.  Your use of the WWE app could decide whether he gets a longer run at the top or ends up being a transitional champ with a token run.
I hate this freaking company sometimes.

It could be great.  If Orton punted and stretchered both Cena and Bryan.  If they are willing to leave both off t.v. for a month while Orton runs over guys like Dolph or Sheamus or whoever.

Bryan comes back first and takes his belt back form Orton.  Then Bryan/Cena have the match they should have had to settle it all once and for all.

It's a sequence that could last through the Rumble.

Cena and Bryan off TV for a month while they focus the show on Randy Orton?

Do you want this company to go bankrupt or something?

But what if while Cena's out they bring back Hollywood Batista. Triple H pays Batista the big bucks to just wrestle Daniel Bryan a couple of times and protect Randy Orton. The old squad back together trying to save the WWE from the shitty RoHBot invasion. 

• Like 1

They don't have the patience to leave any big star off TV for a months unless they're injured.

Remember when Punk "left" the company with the title for an amazing 8 days.

Or when Cena was "fired" during the Nexus angle and was back again the next week.

They don't have the patience to leave any big star off TV for a months unless they're injured.

Remember when Punk "left" the company with the title for an amazing 8 days.

Or when Cena was "fired" during the Nexus angle and was back again the next week.

It's not just the big stars.  Remember when Vickie got fired on Raw, and was back on TV on Smackdown?

I'm pretty sure Cena came back before the show even ended so he wasn't even gone a week.

If they're thinking of bringing back Cold Stone for WrestleMania it should be either against Bray Wyatt or teaming with Trips and some other Attitude Era guy against The Shield.

Posted Image

RVD needs to quit the weed.  It makes him paranoid.

• Like 1

This was the Raw of the great promo. Lesnar and The Shield had some great taped segments and the Cena/Bryan dueling promo in the ring was the best WWE has had in some time. Cena channelled everything good from his Rock feud and cut out the garbage, and Bryan held his own with one of the more believable " *real wrestler* with a chip on the shoulder" promos.

Hopefully with all the gimmicks being added  to Cena/Bryan, the big swerve ends up being the match goes off without a hitch. Almost seemed like they were angling for a Bryan heel turn, and I'm probably reading too much into it, but with the Shield talking about "leading a new generation" against the old guys a the top, maybe they end up teaming with Bryan. If they have to overbook it, The Shield and Bryan laying waste to Cena, Orton, Vince, and HHH and holding all the gold wouldn't be too bad (until the impending angle with the old guard going over played out).

I'm really excited for Lesnar/Punk, though. That's just a top-notch pro-wrestling feud.