DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-12-13 - Summerslam Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

I am so beyond sick of every Cena feud being that he's a shitty wrestler, it's so tiresome at this point.

But it means we get to see him start a match with headlock take downs and monkeyflips while JBL says something like "John Cena can wrestle when he wants to, Michael." Shit he may even do a missile dropkick if we're lucky.
  • Like 4

I don't follow the UFC very much, but didn't Brock have to retire (and I'm sure I'm oversimplifying things) due to having a really weak stomach due to injuries? It seems like that would be the type of thing to play up soon to make it more believable that non-Cena/HHH types could beat him. It would make Punk's kicks seem dangerous.

Roman Reigns did not give one fuck about the Big Show. 

I'm sticking with my Triple H heel turn prediction from last week.  One thing is for sure, the finish of Bryan/Cena is going to be a whole bunch of convoluted bullshit, IMO.

Cena was intense and serious, which I like, but I've heard the "they pay their tickets, its about them, blahblahblah" promo a million times. 

I am so beyond sick of every Cena feud being that he's a shitty wrestler, it's so tiresome at this point.

But it means we get to see him start a match with headlock take downs and monkeyflips while JBL says something like "John Cena can wrestle when he wants to, Michael."Shit he may even do a missile dropkick if we're lucky.

Well played, sir!

Cena promo was incredible.

ADR gave it about 15% tonight & looked like shit. Just completely did not give a fuck.

Natalya had some of the worst worked corner kicks I've ever seen.

No idea why Triple H was added to the main event.

Liked the ending with Punk standing tall a lot.

It was a good show.

I like D Bry but he was sonned in a frankly embarrassing manner tonight.

He did okay given how it was laid out.  Given that he had to stand there for the huge middle section of that while Cena did his most epic promo ever, I think Bryan did okay in getting anything back at all with the "you don't deserve it" bit and no-selling Cena's contact.

Way better than the "stand there and stare and huffle-puffle" that Rock used to do on a Cena-wins-the-promo night

Did Zeb Coulter really say he hoped an earthquake killed all the Latinos in California? I mean...holy shit.

That is not what he said...he wants an earthquake so big that California is not longer attached to the North American containment. What he fails to grasp is that wouldn't mean California isn't a state anymore since we already have an island state (two if you count names) and also have another state not attached to another state

I'm sticking with my Triple H heel turn prediction from last week.  One thing is for sure, the finish of Bryan/Cena is going to be a whole bunch of convoluted bullshit, IMO.

Are you going with Triple H doing a quasi-fast count to give Daniel Bryan the win, then Orton hits Cena over the head with the briefcase to knock him out and HHH pedigrees Bryan and we get a promo on Raw to explain why they are willing to work together even though Orton once RKOed Stephanie.  "I have to admit, sometimes my wife is a such a bitch that I occasionally want to pedigree her, so I was really just a bit jealous that you got to do what I never could."

I like D Bry but he was sonned in a frankly embarrassing manner tonight.

He did okay given how it was laid out.  Given that he had to stand there for the huge middle section of that while Cena did his most epic promo ever, I think Bryan did okay in getting anything back at all with the "you don't deserve it" bit and no-selling Cena's contact. Way better than the "stand there and stare and huffle-puffle" that Rock used to do on a Cena-wins-the-promo night
Just laughing when Cena slapped him was a great touch on his part.
  • Like 1

I'm so glad WWE added Triple H as guest ref for Cena-Bryan. I was getting so excited for that match that I was actually considering shelling out the money to order the PPV. Triple H's addition assures that I will be more than content watching a decent-to-shitty stream online.

• Like 3

I'd like to see a GIF-progression of Heyman's "Holy shit, I'm alone with the babyface" faces.  They keep getting bigger and crazier, like, every week at a startling exponential rate. 

Tonight, when he turned and saw Punk staring at him, it looked like his face was melting and I think he screamed "OH, GOD, NO!!!! PLEASE, GOD, NOOOOOO!!!!"

...which is pretty crazy all by itself.

I don't follow the UFC very much, but didn't Brock have to retire (and I'm sure I'm oversimplifying things) due to having a really weak stomach due to injuries? It seems like that would be the type of thing to play up soon to make it more believable that non-Cena/HHH types could beat him. It would make Punk's kicks seem dangerous.

HHH did this in the first Brock match at last year's SummerSlam.Dean Ambrose's reaction to Big Show was even better than Seth's.

I'm so glad WWE added Triple H as guest ref for Cena-Bryan. I was getting so excited for that match that I was actually considering shelling out the money to order the PPV. Triple H's addition assures that I will be more than content watching a decent-to-shitty stream online.

Bizarre.

Yeah, I must be nuts. Can't wait for the post-SS RAW fallout. It's going to be about something that HHH screwed up in the match. Now Bryan, the guy he defended this whole time will question his allegiance. Will there be a live performance review? A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE FROM THE BOARD?! 

Bizarre.

Yeah, I must be nuts. Can't wait for the post-SS RAW fallout. It's going to be about something that HHH screwed up in the match. Now Bryan, the guy he defended this whole time will question his allegiance. Will there be a live performance review? A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE FROM THE BOARD?! 

It's going to be a great event and a great match either way, seems bizarre that Triple H being the special ref rather than Triple H doing an unadvertised run in would be the deciding factor in whether to order it or not.

Bizarre.

It's going to be a great event and a great match either way, seems bizarre that Triple H being the special ref rather than Triple H doing an unadvertised run in would be the deciding factor in whether to order it or not.

Don't you usually have to make the decision to order before finding out that there is an unadvertised run-in?