DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-12-13 - Summerslam Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

So make it a tag match or something? Give Triple H & Austin both a newer star for a partner. Maybe it gives them the rub, and you can start a program from that by having a guy turn on his partner or something?

Would that not work? When The Rock came back, they put him in a tag match with Cena.

Tag matches have been so devalued to the point that no one takes them seriously in WWE anymore.

What's wrong with Austin coming back, beating HHH, and seeing if he can do another match? 

The one main problem with Austin working with a younger guy is that he'd overshadow most of the roster on the mic.  He'd insist on no scripting to come back and nobody there is quick witted enough or intense enough to hold their own with him. 

There's this bizarre, idiot mindset on here that is something along the lines of "If I don't like it, nobody likes it". 

CM Punk turned off viewers at an alarming rate right up until Rock saved him

Are you saying neither of those things are true? Because you guys liked Punk and nobody else did and Punk is probably the clearest indicator of how out of tough the average internet fan is with the majority of people that watch the show.

It's someone big from the Attitude Era that Austin can beat.  He's not coming back to put some young punk over in his first match in a decade.

I think that sounds exactly like what he'd want to do.  Hasn't he said as much?

Whoever said the only thing that matters is what Austin wants is probably right.  I kind of get the vibe that Austin is sensitive enough about his "legacy" that he sees himself doing the opposite of whatever it is that Hogan would do.  Am I wrong on that?

In other words, he's a mark too to the extent that he wants to make sure everyone knows he's not like that...and he wants all the boys to respect his respect for their respect and their prescious stupid futures.  Thus his mentioning Punk. 

Problem is, Punk doesn't really have a "next level" I don't think.  What does Austin "elevate him" to?  feuding with Cena?  He did that for a good part of a year already.

Cena's already juggling torches passed to him.  Undertaker or HHH are who Hogan would want to be billed with.  Or Brock.  Hogan would want to beat Brock in an F5 competition.

Bryan, no matter how great he's doing, always feels on the verge of being "little guyed" right back no nowhere.  So he's the one who stands to gain the most from a feud with Austin.

So clearly the answer is:

Dean Posted ImageAmbrose

There's this bizarre, idiot mindset on here that is something along the lines of "If I don't like it, nobody likes it". 

Are you saying neither of those things are true? Because you guys liked Punk and nobody else did and Punk is probably the clearest indicator of how out of tough the average internet fan is with the majority of people that watch the show.

What he's saying is that it's entirely likely you're full of shit.

Your total inability to form a legitimate counter argument to anything anyone posts on here is a constant source of hilarity for me. We just needed a meme and we'd have received the complete Rev effort.

Yes guys the world would rather see Bryan or Punk vs Austin over Triple H vs Austin.

Leave the fucking bubble sometimes.

Would the world rather see HHH vs Austin or HHH vs Daniel Bryan?

I don't think the world wants to see HHH in matches. HHH getting into a program with Bryan now just brings back memories of him shoe-horning himself into an angle with the then-hottest act in Punk two years ago so he can at least attempt to seem relevant. The problem is that being in there with each guy just points out how much fresher each of them feel compared to him, and how much better they are than him at this stage in the game. HHH comes off like the middle-aged dad who throws around modern phrases to try and seem cool, but has no idea what he's saying, so he just comes off as even more out of touch.

If they were dead-set on using HHH in a high-profile Wrestlemania match for control of WWE, who should they put in there with him?  That's my question.  If they use talent already on the roster, who fits?  Would they be better off bringing in someone for a short-term gig (not necessarily Austin)?  Does your answer depend on whether or not HHH is supposed to win?  What if they don't settle on who goes over in the match until the week before Wrestlemania? 

Yes guys the world would rather see Bryan or Punk vs Austin over Triple H vs Austin.

I don't think the world wants to see HHH in matches. HHH getting into a program with Bryan now just brings back memories of him shoe-horning himself into an angle with the then-hottest act in Punk two years ago so he can at least attempt to seem relevant. The problem is that being in there with each guy just points out how much fresher each of them feel compared to him, and how much better they are than him at this stage in the game. HHH comes off like the middle-aged dad who throws around modern phrases to try and seem cool, but has no idea what he's saying, so he just comes off as even more out of touch.

If they were dead-set on using HHH in a high-profile Wrestlemania match for control of WWE, who should they put in there with him?  That's my question.  If they use talent already on the roster, who fits?  Would they be better off bringing in someone for a short-term gig (not necessarily Austin)?  Does your answer depend on whether or not HHH is supposed to win?  What if they don't settle on who goes over in the match until the week before Wrestlemania?

Sting.

Your total inability to form a legitimate counter argument to anything anyone posts on here is a constant source of hilarity for me.We just needed a meme and we'd have received the complete Rev effort.

You've turned into BigFresh*, responding to every single mention of your name with a separate post, it's getting kind-of tiresome.

*No offense BigFresh, you've certainly scaled that back since the board restart.

Cena is Mr. WWE, so he makes sense fighting for Vince. Which itself doesn't make much since right now since Vince said he doesn't like Cena as champ, and is a heel...I think. It's hard to tell with him. He's theoretically one, but the fans cheer him like crazy anyway.

You're just ignoring how into HHH vs Taker the people were?  The first Brock/HHH match did very well too.

There's a whole generation of WWE fans that have never seen Austin wrestle except on DVD's.

You guys have such a narrow perspective on things, and it's just unreal. You're a bunch of guys who've been watching wrestling for 20+ years. Your perspective on Triple H, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan etc is not the same as the vast majority of the 5 million or so that watch every week.

This is absolutely hilarious coming from you considering that you, or this character you play, can't escape an early to mid 2000s mindset for what is good. You're still advocating HHH going over just about everyone when no one wants to see that and pretending that TV ratings are the be all, end all as far as indicating what people want. If that were the case, why are live shows packed full of people wearing Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and John Cena merch. What, those shirts were the only ones that were clean when they were on their way to Raw to watch the legends of the early 2000s? Maybe the reason why those guys shirts sell out first is because they're just that eye catching? Raw, SD, PPVs, whatever need two things to be functional: People watching at home and people showing up to the arena. If CM Punk were this massive turnoff that you claim he is because your narrow perspective, then, gee, you would think there wouldn't be so many CM Punk fans buying a ticket to the show.

Your troll game is strong as of late, that's for sure.

• Like 1

You're just ignoring how into HHH vs Taker the people were? The first Brock/HHH match did very well too.There's a whole generation of WWE fans that have never seen Austin wrestle except on DVD's.

You guys have such a narrow perspective on things, and it's just unreal. You're a bunch of guys who've been watching wrestling for 20+ years. Your perspective on Triple H, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan etc is not the same as the vast majority of the 5 million or so that watch every week.
This is absolutely hilarious coming from you considering that you, or this character you play, can't escape an early to mid 2000s mindset for what is good. You're still advocating HHH going over just about everyone when no one wants to see that and pretending that TV ratings are the be all, end all as far as indicating what people want. If that were the case, why are live shows packed full of people wearing Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and John Cena merch. What, those shirts were the only ones that were clean when they were on their way to Raw to watch the legends of the early 2000s? Maybe the reason why those guys shirts sell out first is because they're just that eye catching? Raw, SD, PPVs, whatever need two things to be functional: People watching at home and people showing up to the arena. If CM Punk were this massive turnoff that you claim he is because your narrow perspective, then, gee, you would think there wouldn't be so many CM Punk fans buying a ticket to the show.Your troll game is strong as of late, that's for sure.
Who said anything about Triple H going over?

The larger issue is that WWE has to rely on Attitude-era guys to sell the major ppvs like WrestleMania and Summerslam.  I love Daniel Bryan but I don't think this surge in popularity is a precursor to a sea change in the p.roduct.  I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that WrestleMania will have a some combination of Triple H, Undertaker, Rock, and Brock in or near the main event.  The best we can hope for is that people tune in for them and stick around for some of the newer guys (Bryan, Shield, Wyatts, etc.) when the Attitude-era guys take off.

Is the idea that they were looking for one last Austin match or is the idea that they wanted to do HHH wrestling Vince's representative for control of the company?  If it is the latter, who can they toss out there as a big enough name that the internet fans won't whine about how HHH is obviously going over?

Rock's the only one who leaps to my mind, unless they rehire Angle.

Yeah, I think if anyone, Rock seems much more likely for that role than Austin.

No idea why Triple H was added to the main event.

Because Vince is too pussy to pull the trigger on Bryan as champion so we will have a fuck finish that will lead to nothing.

There's already a perfectly good fuck finish with Orton cashing in.

Your total inability to form a legitimate counter argument to anything anyone posts on here is a constant source of hilarity for me.We just needed a meme and we'd have received the complete Rev effort.

Should I file a restraining order? You seem obsessed.

No idea why Triple H was added to the main event.

Because Vince is too pussy to pull the trigger on Bryan as champion so we will have a fuck finish that will lead to nothing.

There's already a perfectly good fuck finish with Orton cashing in.

But that's a fuck finish that will lead to Orton-Bryan or an Orton-Bryan-Cena three-way.

Maybe the plan is to have the three of them face off in a three-way TLC match at...TLC as the blow-off to a three-way feud, with whoever comes out of that (which is still to be determined) being the likely champion going into Wrestlemania.  That seems to me like a reasonable long-term tentative booking plan.  If that were the plan, what Summerslam finish is the best step in that direction?