DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VII

Dolfan in NYC

They wasted their fake accounts on asking Kane questions during the preshow

I don't think they would have needed to, those were like the 2 most smarky questions in the world so it's quite likely those were the majority of the responses they got. I fucking loved that segment though and want a hour long Network special of Kane & Big Show answering twitter questions.

The current WWE is way too sanitized for a Russian chain match to work. Triple H of all people should have known that. With that said, I forgot the PPV was on and may check it out later this week.

I laughed when Rusev would wrap the chain around his fist and arm, only to hit Cena with the other hand.  

• Like 1

The current WWE is way too sanitized for a Russian chain match to work. Triple H of all people should have known that. With that said, I forgot the PPV was on and may check it out later this week.

I laughed when Rusev would wrap the chain around his fist and arm, only to hit Cena with the other hand.  

I don't understand why they couldn't really use the chain as a weapon when you have guys doing way more dangerous things like getting powerbombed on a chair.

Last night was the first time I watch a PPV via the Network live since having it (all the previous ones I watched on delay)

Random observations from Twitter (which you should all follow)

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  15h 15 hours ago
So Naomi is the most gifted Diva in WWE history now? I wonder what they mean by that...

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  15h 15 hours ago
I do approve of the rule that anyone who shoots a vertical video doesn't get considered

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Aww... I enjoy that Neville gets his first big win over BNB. Did Barrett fuck Steph or something?

I hope they accidentally run over Kris Bryant

DVDVR retweeted
 Tim Livingston @MrTimLivingston  ·  14h 14 hours ago
GLF is gonna hate having to keep track of the time on that match

Clearly the WWE doesn't care about Lawler's heart with all the mountain dew they keep forcing around him

Why the fuck does Ziggler refuse to spray tan his armpits?

The filler during a 3 hour PPV is far more tedious than a 3 hour RAW

Hey - the WWE might be the one company who will ignore Mayweather's women beating more than ESPN

Big E probably is the only person who Cesaro could do the double foot stomp on and not budge

DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R  ·  13h 13 hours ago
It is gonna suck when they start using the Freebirds rule because it means that Xavier Woods has to wrestle

Okay - working the horny crowd into a planned match spot is pretty great

I enjoy the subtle undertones of the idea that without which ever Uso Naomi is married to not being around, Naomi turned into a psycho yak

And then I passed out during the start of the Last Man Standing Match

Rusev's winning KOTR surely?

I'd say Roman's winning to give the reason why he'd be wrestling Rollins at Payback

He beat Big Show(again).  What more does he have to prove to You People?

I'm actually psyched for KOTR.  That should be fun.

The thing I hate about this PPV is it's so much like WCW Uncensored. A great idea for a show that does everything in a tame way.

The Russian Chain match was all right (I personally thought Rusev would win in the same exact way Cena did). It was annoying how they kept saying it was the first on WWE television. They could have dug up some old clips of matches with the Koloff's in the build up. JBL at least acknowledged that there were chain matches before in the WWE with Koloff and Bruno. It's like...show why this match is so dangerous. Also for a chain match, no one actually used the chain to whip or punch. They did a couple of times with clubbing blows but nothing really again to show why this match is something to be feared.

Big Show/Reigns was a lot better than it should have been. Show doing an anti-hardcore gimmick in the middle of the match was all kinds of fun. I also laughed my ass off after he hit the spear and popped up and yelled BOOOOOOOYAAH. That was so random. I'll give it to Reigns, he can take a beating. At least this LMS didn't end with someone being thrown into a 7000 WATT SPOTLIGHT like they did a few years ago at another Extreme Rules PPV.

Big Show should really be a special attraction at this point. But he can still go which is amazing.

I thought the PPV was alright. Nothing too memorable.

I never thought the phrase "I think Xavier Woods is my favorite person in wrestling" would ever come into my brain. I am such a sucker for stooge heels who think they're awesome despite the crowd's general reaction. New Day playing this straight while being pissed off/angered about fans thinking they suck is the way to go. I loved Xavier screaming "WHAT DID WE DO WRONG! WE'RE WINNING!" so much. Also, I think they really need to pair up somehow with Bo Dallas. But that was a solid tag team affair.

I did like the goofball Ambrose/Harper street fight. That was how I want Ambrose in my life. I don't need him chasing titles or even really wanting them. I just want him doing and saying loony stuff. The same with Harper. I'd be fine if those two just paired off in their own weirdo division for the next decade, actually.

Reigns/Show was the best match of the night. Show is sort of a wrestling genius at this point. His matches aren't going to be these crazy good workrate matches, obviously. But he knows performance art storytelling -- facial gestures, tone-of-voice, timing, etc. Does anyone actually still think Roman stinks? This is his worst PPV singles match of the year, and it's the match of the night. I thin Roman was an amazing heel tag team worker and had to adjust to a singles babyface while in a major fishbowl and also injured for a large stretch. He was in a super tough spot and is coming out the better for it.

Rollins was a great sleazebag at the end of that match but it was a snooze. I liked the idea of the chain match, with the weird buzzers and "wave off" rule. But like everyone said -- just get rid of that gimmick. I prefer PG wrestling more than what we used to have at this stage of my life. But the gimmick hinders what the WWE does incredibly well -- consistently good-to-great, well-told matches of a variety of styles that resemble athletic competition to some degree. Just let Rusev and Cena throw bombs at each other for a while.

The woman's match sucked. Naomi flat-out ripping off Sasha Banks pretty lame. I sort of wish Naomi would get some run down in NXT so she can get some face time with Sara. Naomi's really athletic and is almost really good. She just needs someone to help her connect the dots. The Bellas aren't those people. I thought Nikki was bad and Brie is one of the all-time worst corners. Just stop screaming your sister's name already.

I almost wish they didn't waste Rhyno on NXT, because they could have brought him in for a month feud with Reigns that could have felt fresh and vaguely important before doing the NXT stuff with him. The problem with Reigns right now is that they need guys to put him over.

Reigns/Show was the best match of the night. Show is sort of a wrestling genius at this point. His matches aren't going to be these crazy good workrate matches, obviously. But he knows performance art storytelling -- facial gestures, tone-of-voice, timing, etc. Does anyone actually still think Roman stinks? This is his worst PPV singles match of the year, and it's the match of the night. I thin Roman was an amazing heel tag team worker and had to adjust to a singles babyface while in a major fishbowl and also injured for a large stretch. He was in a super tough spot and is coming out the better for it.

Not so much here but I have seen a LOT of people trying to do everything they can to not give Reigns any credit for the LMS match. It's hilarious that someone can go from "Big Show needs to retire, ugh he sucks" to "Well obviously the only reason the match was good is because Big Show was carrying it! Didn't you see Reigns nod at him!?"

Not so much here but I have seen a LOT of people trying to do everything they can to not give Reigns any credit for the LMS match. It's hilarious that someone can go from "Big Show needs to retire, ugh he sucks" to "Well obviously the only reason the match was good is because Big Show was carrying it! Didn't you see Reigns nod at him!?"

It's the same argument as "Rollins and Ambrose did all the work in The Shield!" that could not be further from the truth.

I liked the idea of the chain match, with the weird buzzers and "wave off" rule. 

I think this is what was so frustrating about the finish.  It seemed like they were emphasizing the wave off during the match and actually talked about the momentum being altered, that to ignore it for the finish seemed really weird.

Now, I will forgive everything if Rusev saying "Cena hasn't beaten me" was a reference to Lana arguing that very point to the Authority in order to get the next match.

I enjoyed the show and thought it was easily worth my time and $9.99.

My biggest gripes with the show were the tensions between Lana and Rusev (not yet, please) and the finish to the main.  I know he's the chicken heel, but I think if you have a new champ in his very first reign, then his first big defense should be a rather clean finish win.  Last night was too much "advance the story" and not enough "establish the champ" for my tastes.

Otherwise, I don't really have any huge complaints.  Fun, innocent show.

They did establish the new champ last night. They established the same story they've been telling all along with Seth "pussy who only has the title because he was hand picked by The Authority, and only keeps it through their help."

I enjoyed the show, for the most part. Roman has definitely turned things around since the RR debacle, and has almost returned to where he was pre-injury, as far as fan support goes.

A couple of female friends who watched with me, were saddened by the fact that they didn't get to see Dolph's fully exposed ass. If this was 1999, they would have.

Also, I'd kinda love to see Bo come under his brothers wing. He could be the Dave Sullivan to Bray's Kevin.

That chain match was perfectly fine in the 2015 version of the WWE.  But in any decades that match would have killed the territory in its weakness.   And now it looks like Russev is not only going to lose to Cena FOR THE THIRD TIME but also lose Lana in some after match stuff.   Not a very good day for him

Don't worry, Jericho will come back this summer to put Rusev over and all will be well.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show and thought it was easily worth my time and $9.99.

My biggest gripes with the show were the tensions between Lana and Rusev (not yet, please) and the finish to the main.  I know he's the chicken heel, but I think if you have a new champ in his very first reign, then his first big defense should be a rather clean finish win.  Last night was too much "advance the story" and not enough "establish the champ" for my tastes.

Otherwise, I don't really have any huge complaints.  Fun, innocent show.

I think that was one of the few major booking things they got spot on last night. Rollins is a chicken shit. He shouldn't beat anybody outside of El Torito, Heath Slater, and Cesaro cleanly. He survives Orton through nefarious means, the same with Reigns next month, and then who knows how you handle the Brock match at SummerSlam. That's why it'll be so intriguing.

• Like 1