DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I see Niners has borrowed Vile's tin foil hat that he got from epwar.

Eh I'm not going to believe a guy who has gotten countless other things wrong and dismiss people who actually worked on set. Also, what happened to waiting until the movie comes out and watching it and then giving an opinion on it? 

For whatever reason it's become the popular thing to say a movie is awesome before seeing it or say it sucks before seeing it etc..

What other things, though?  Still waiting on links.  If their number is "coutnless," surely it shouldn't be hard to come up with a few.

People who work on a movie have a vested interest, not to mention often a contractual obligation, to toe the company line on these sorts of things, so I'm not sure "People who worked on the movie say it's not true!" should really be considered conclusive evidence of anything.

Well, the trick to dark comedy, especially as when we're talking about mainstream comic characters, is striking the right balance between "dark" and "comedy."  It's entirely possible Ayer (the guy who thought he was making a movie so dark they had to have a therapist on set) took it too far in one direction on his first pass through, and the reshoots are about adding more weight to the "comedy" half of things.

7 hours ago, EVA said:

Well, the trick to dark comedy, especially as when we're talking about mainstream comic characters, is striking the right balance between "dark" and "comedy."  It's entirely possible Ayer (the guy who thought he was making a movie so dark they had to have a therapist on set) took it too far in one direction on his first pass through, and the reshoots are about adding more weight to the "comedy" half of things.

Wait, is this serious? I thought he was joking/referencing the original series where all of the members actually were seeing a psychiatrist for a while. Mental health was a decent part of it.

Well, here's more Devin Faraci for you. Ben Affleck has been named executive producer of Justice League and here's what Faraci had to say.

My sources have told me that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman - there were still negotiations happening.

This move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse.

• Like 2

That's a bit harsh, I'm sure there's plenty of jobs he'd be good at. He could push a broom around in a warehouse somewhere or something like that. I'm sure he could avoid fucking that up too badly.

Well, I finally saw BvS and yeah, that was pretty awful, Zach Snyder's attempts to mash together Death of Superman and the Dark Knight Returns was just a giant clusterfuck. Luthor was a shitty mixture of the Joker and the Riddler and utterly horrible. Too many dream sequences as well, just a disaster of a film. Batman wantonly murders and uses firearms which goes against most of 75 years worth of history. They also ignored the fact that he's a brilliant strategist who makes his moves very carefully and analyzes every aspect of everything, you mean to tell me someone like that couldn't figure out that Supes was just new at this hero shit & trying to find his way? Or that Luthor was playing him or that Zod was the architect of most of the chaos? Also, I hated Batman for most of this film because they made him such an unlikable dickbag. I liked Affleck as Batman/Bruce & I thought they made Wonder Woman look very strong which were about the only positives. Hopefully Suicide Squad will be better.

14 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Well, I finally saw BvS and yeah, that was pretty awful, Zach Snyder's attempts to mash together Death of Superman and the Dark Knight Returns was just a giant clusterfuck. Luthor was a shitty mixture of the Joker and the Riddler and utterly horrible. Too many dream sequences as well, just a disaster of a film. Batman wantonly murders and uses firearms which goes against most of 75 years worth of history. They also ignored the fact that he's a brilliant strategist who makes his moves very carefully and analyzes every aspect of everything, you mean to tell me someone like that couldn't figure out that Supes was just new at this hero shit & trying to find his way? Or that Luthor was playing him or that Zod was the architect of most of the chaos? Also, I hated Batman for most of this film because they made him such an unlikable dickbag. I liked Affleck as Batman/Bruce & I thought they made Wonder Woman look very strong which were about the only positives. Hopefully Suicide Squad will be better.

Glad to get your opinion on the film! I'm with you, man.

My review retrieved:

On 30/03/2016 at 7:08 AM, The Natural said:

Here’s my Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice review. There were things I liked, the performances by Ben Affleck (not the material), Jeremy Irons and Gal Gadot. Michael Wilkinson deserves praise again for his costumes of the Trinity. That’s the positives I’ve come up with. I really didn’t like the writing of a Batman who kills and brands, not for me. Dream sequences were a negative. The film is too long.

• Like 1

The internet says she's 5'10", but she looks to be the tallest person in that whole picture. Why is Dave Thewlis wearing riding boots though?