DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

TorontOLOLOLOL! Everything MLSE touches turns to shit.

And here's a totally random question: why doesn't the league put a team in Montreal? Honestly I think that would be an amazing market.

I hope everyone still waiting on this magical, "playoff Rondo" to show up is watching this game.  Harden is all in his head.  I've never been a Rondo fan but I didn't think it would get this bad for him in Dallas.

Also, the Wiz should win their series.  I don't care how many times the Raptors beat them in the regular season.  The Wizards have more talent and the Raptors have been coasting for about a month.

Cavs have to get more from their bench.  Lebron's turnovers have been an issue for most of the season.  It comes with his point-forward duties, but he cannot allow it to be a trade off for his assists.

TorontOLOLOLOL! Everything MLSE touches turns to shit.

And here's a totally random question: why doesn't the league put a team in Montreal? Honestly I think that would be an amazing market.

Montreal would be behind Seattle, but beyond that. . . .

Rondo still on the bench...

I know people don't want to say it, but you cannot hide Dirk on the defensive end if Josh Smith is going to play like this...

Josh Smith been waiting the whole season "for a moment like this"...

I didn't have much of an opinion one way or another about Rondo until tonight. He let his team down in the playoffs over whatever beef he has with the coach. This is the playoffs, leave that shit somewhere else. You owe your team that. I hope every GM in the league remembers this shit next season.

I mean, on the one hand, Dallas was only down one before their disastrous 4th quarter.  Harden is still getting to the line, but so far, he's not shooting great against the Mavs.  Dirk had a terrible shooting night, but you have to believe he's got a couple of good ones left in him for this series.

On the other hand, if Houston is going to continue to go on runs when Harden is off the floor, Dallas can forget it.  Good offensive game from Dirk or not, his defense is still going to be a problem.  Tyson Chandler can't be left on an island choosing between a Dwight Howard alley-oop or a Josh Smith drive to the basket for an entire quarter.  The Mavs' PnR defense has to be better or at least able to stop Houston from running the same damn play on them over and over again.   They need Rondo to be alive because I don't think they want a Barea/Felton backcourt for an entire game.  I always thought Chandler Parsons was only a slightly above average player, but I'm not stupid.  They really needed his offense in yesterday's game.

Edited by _MJ_

I know we have a Rockets fan here, and you're a good dude, that that is such a shitty fanbase.  Josh Smith whacks Barea in the face, and they are complaining that a foul was called? GTFO with that.

Rockets have one of the best fanbases in the league. Every hometown crowd in the league is going to boo every call against there team no matter what. That's just how it goes.

Has there been a bigger mid-season acquisition with the impact that Josh Smith has brought to Houston? Corey Brewer has to be up there as well.

Mozgov, Shumpert and JR. Houston essentially played the same before and after Smith. The Cavs went from .500 to 36-9.

Rondo has been ruled out indefinitely with a back injury, so I expect the Mavs to win the next 4 in a row.

Parsons has been ruled out for the rest of the playoffs, too, so forget the winning part.