DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-23-15 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

The Sting promo was getting to be a thing before Steph came out and ruined it, then HHH ruined it more, and then Sting swung his bat around wildly - so if HHH got hit, it was his own fault. IC goofs tag. If they're just going to talk about whatever the fuck they want to, there is literally no point to guys taking bumps. Just play jacks mid-ring, or thumb wrestle. Match was a backdrop to the commentary. Ditto the ten-man tag.  WELL THAT'S HOUR ONE! 

Orton's handicap match was nothing. Divas title match between Paige and Nikki was fantastic. Loved Hogan, Snoop, and Axel in the ring too. HOGAN RAN WILD BROTHER! 6-thing tag was a thing. Rusev-Swagger was a nothing match, but A FANTASTIC HYPE JOB FOR THE WM MATCH. Rusev looked like a world-beater. Bray cut a fantastic promo on Taker complete with thunder and lightning effects. It was easily his best promo since the first Cena match.

Diesel HOF vid was fine, although Cole's KEVIN NASH AKA DIESEL was LOL-worthy. Ditto the "AND IMPLYING THEY WERE PART OF WWE" part in the video. Rick Rubin looks like Luke Harper's dad, and Dean's "I'M THE LAW AND ORDER" got a chuckle out of me. Brock and his Bud Bundy beard isn't a good look. Paul Heyman cut one of his best promos ever that was so good that even Brock Lesnar was in visible awe for quite a while. Roman came down and got a "LET'S GO LESNAR!" CHANT. Roman grabbed the belt and got booed. Tug of war over the belt ended the show...yeah that wasn't great.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/raw-3-23-15.html

Screens - 

697bae399212168.jpg 

79ee6a399208636.jpg 

Perro got...a sign.

939fed399192885.jpg  

ec76b4399203298.jpg 

75b3ec399200028.jpg 

7e028a399201664.jpg 

db94af399201677.jpg

32ebea399206945.jpg

a61760399206961.jpg

c9d2d6399206963.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/bv3ddkkk265zl3sb2ne71nmo14wsl6ew

• Like 1

Rusev beat the fuck out of Cena. Cool beat down but Christ.. is there any reason to believe he can win at WM? I don't see the point in building Rusev up for months to feed him to a 15-time world heavyweight champion.  This could have been Roman's feud.  I don't care if it "makes sense"...  Cena doesn't need to be the guy to end Rusev's streak.

Also, I have a feeling Lana will turn face on Sunday which would be ridiculous but we'll see how that plays out. 

I thought I'd be a little more into Mania following this show but they didn't deliver. 

It was cool to see Sting out there receiving a nice ovation.  Paige and Nikki had a pretty damn good match.

That showed began and ended with two segments that did very little to make you interested in the show.  You had Sting tell everybody that it isn't about WCW and then Steph constantly mention WCW like a goof and then you finish with two guys doing nothing to bring the heat except play "IT'S MINE NO IT IS MINE NO IT IS MINE" with the belt.     If it wasn't for Paul Heyman people would be hitting the exits as soon the bell rings. 

They did more to put over those fucking chicken fries than the actual main event of their biggest show of the year.

Sting was awesome. He said "Fuck this WCW shit. I'm here to take down HHH." Of course, Stephanie came down, sucked all the heat out of the building, and said "My husband killed WCW". Sting still got the crowd back.

I can't believe they didn't make a West Texas Rednecks reference with Axel, especially considering Master P and Snoop had an affiliation back in the day.

That crowd hated Reigns. Hated. And WWE knew it, which is why he was on the show for three minutes total maybe.

Sting did a good promo, Wyatt cut an incredible promo - the Divas had a pretty damn good match. The rest of the show, tho, was underwhelming to say the least.

Two guys playing tug o war over a belt to go home to Mania = SMELL THE BUYRATE.

Sting did a good promo, Wyatt cut an incredible promo - the Divas had a pretty damn good match. The rest of the show, tho, was underwhelming to say the least.

Two guys playing tug o war over a belt to go home to Mania = SMELL THE BUYRATE.

They LITERALLY did the Wrestling Isn't Wrestling reenactment.

• Like 2

You always want to see your main event playing tug of war on the last Raw before Wrestlemania. Jesus H. Christ. That is some WCW at its worst type shit there. I don't think I'm getting through WM without some pot.

• Like 4

You always want to see your main event playing tug of war on the last Raw before Wrestlemania. Jesus H. Christ. That is some WCW at its worst type shit there. I don't think I'm getting through WM without some pot.

Be honest. You weren't going to get through it without pot anyway, were you?

• Like 8

Be honest. You weren't going to get through it without pot anyway, were you?

probably not

• Like 5

People say that Heyman is turning on Brock at WM and while that is a good option it really makes all of these rumors about the Rock showing up at WM confusing.

Right now the only thing holding up this main event is smoke and mirrors.  Will Rollins cash in the MITB that night?  Will Heyman turn on Brock?  Will the Rock show up to help Reigns?

Reigns is such a cold babyface. What I think they've managed to do is tamper down the backlash, what it seems to be now is indifference. Of course, all week people will give reports of how much he's cheered at house shows. I'm sure the New Day gets cheered at house shows, too. 

I honestly enjoyed a decent portion of the show until that bullshit ending. How & why they didn't end that in some crazy ass brawl I have no idea.

Reigns is such a cold babyface. What I think they've managed to do is tamper down the backlash, what it seems to be now is indifference. Of course, all week people will give reports of how much he's cheered at house shows. I'm sure the New Day gets cheered at house shows, too. 

Its probably dependent on what town they are in.

• Like 1