DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

Offseason thread had 1000 posts.  Perfect. Now, the real fun begins!  Pitchers and catchers report today!   

Also, nothing makes me happier than seeing Boston has spent $95,000,000 on this:

B-EAwdyCYAA3pjq.jpg

Well, maybe that the Yankees spent $300,000,000 on this:

1-734262b205.jpg

2-e7b60e799e.jpg

Welcome back baseball!

Kenley Jansen will miss 8-12 weeks due to surgery on his foot. So Mid-April at earliest. Could be Mid-May at latest.

God - I will wet myself if the Dodgers now give K-Rod the $10 million he wants

It's the new market for local MLB TV deals. I believe it's now nine teams in the midst of billion dollar local deals.

Yeah, welcome to the era of locking up live sports to keep people tied to cable.

So, Rosenthal is reporting that the 3 changes to speed up the game to be announced today will be:

1. Managers must challenge replays from dugout.
  2. Batters must keep one foot in box unless an established exception occurs.
  3. Play to resume promptly once broadcast returns from commercial break.

Has there been any talk of what the penalty will be?

Haven't heard yet.  Generally, with the second the ump will tell the pitcher to pitch and call a strike - at least that's how they work it in HS ball with that rule.  With the third I guess an automatic ball on the pitcher?

And I guess with the first the umps would just not accept the challenge if the manager attempts to do the "kill time wait for the video guy thumps up/down" dealie they did last year.

The Commish is supposed to announce the details today.

Jurickson Profar had shoulder surgery AGAIN (this time for a torn labrum) and will most likely miss his second straight season

Minor correction - he hasn't had the surgery yet. It's scheduled for Monday.

Jurickson was a lot of fun to watch in Spokane. Major league-ready defensively as a shortstop at 17? Unreal. Sucks to see him having so many injuries.

So, Rosenthal is reporting that the 3 changes to speed up the game to be announced today will be:

• Managers must challenge replays from dugout.
  • Batters must keep one foot in box unless an established exception occurs.
  • Play to resume promptly once broadcast returns from commercial break.

These three changes will have the combined effect of eliminating approximately 7.3 seconds from games.