DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Nice!  I've been playing since the PSX too, I originally picked up Revelations: Persona in the discount bin at my local EB.  As someone who had mostly played Final Fantasy games it was quite a change of pace.

The only games I haven't beaten are the ones on the 3DS, mostly because I only really use it when I'm traveling.  I think the two Digital Devil Saga games for the PS2 are my favorite of the non-Persona SMT games.

Yeah if the PS4 was backwards compatible, even for just stuff on the store, it would be great.  I'd totally rebuy a lot of those games since my fat PS3 is dead.

BioWare has announced that any future DLCs for Dragon Age Inquisition will not be available for PS3 and XBox360.

On the one hand, I can see why, because even the main game on the lower systems are buggy pieces of shite. On the other hand, people who can't afford to upgrade will be screwed until they can.

PS3 was one of systems it was the least buggy on.

ZELDA ORACLE OF AGES - I like Oracle of Seasons so much more. The back-and-forth time mechanic is a great idea, but the GBC's memory limitations make it hard to have like a way to remember where you're going and what you're trying to do. This is probably more of a problem for me because I play these games when I can't sleep. Anyways I'm moving on to Zelda II pretty soon after this.

ENDLESS LEGEND - Okay, so I figured out how to actually explain this game. Essentially, it's Civ, but the reason the win conditions aren't listed is because they are separate for each civ. They manifest as quest lines. The shortest possible way to explain what's happening is that you and the other civs are playing tabletop RPGs against each other competitively. Also worth noting is that combat breaks out into individual tile-by-tile tactics, and not just "bash the checkers pieces together" like Civ. It's a really cool game that is VERY complicated.

MGS GROUND ZEROES - Chokeslam Simulator 2014. Am sort of spite playing it, because I already know how garbage the ending is, but I know I'm getting Phantom Pain anyways so I'm just making my peace with it and justifying it by treating it as a tutorial for Phantom Pain.

HACK N SLASH - I don't know, man. It's a really cool idea. I think I'm too dumb for it. It's basically a game where you change the variables of enemies to turn them into... well, all sorts of shit. And then it just gets weirder and weirder from there. You're just changing the coding of the game as you play it.

TRACKMANIA 2 STADIUM - yes. anyways.

ROCKET LEAGUE

ROCKET LEAGUE

ROCKET LEAGUE

~!~!~ROCKET LEAGUE~!~!~ - this is a free PSN game this month. it is a game where you play Trackmania. It is a game in which you can fly like it's San Francisco Rush. It's a game in which you use these two things to your advantage, to play a 4 on 4 game of soccer in a domed arena where you can drive up the walls.

It looks like this. Big Fresh, you especially should look at this. 

I WANT TO PLAY ROCKET LEAGUE WITH PEOPLE. LETS DO IT.

• Like 2

Yeah, I did see that a couple weeks ago and that gets me excited. Though with my luck, it'll be the last thing I unlock.

Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty have been pumping the game for months, so I was ready to pay for it, but then they went ahead and gave it away for free. How nice of them.

Rocket League is really fun! I am still getting past the initial learning curve, but I am becoming semi-respectable at it.

• Like 2

Oh, and I'm playing a Skyrim playthrough were I am doing do storyline stuff. Just a random person who happens to live in Skyrim and tries to build a successful life based on my talent for Smithing, Speaking, Hunting, and being willing to work in a sawmill. I'm having 20 times more fun doing it then I have any right to.

• Like 1

Oh, and I'm playing a Skyrim playthrough were I am doing do storyline stuff. Just a random person who happens to live in Skyrim and tries to build a successful life based on my talent for Smithing, Speaking, Hunting, and being willing to work in a sawmill. I'm having 20 times more fun doing it then I have any right to.

Mod?

Mod?

None. Just my Xbox version with the Homestead DLC. The only complaint I have is that Skyrim for some incredible reason doesn't have a Hardcore mode were you have to Eat, Drink, and Sleep.

PC mods, babay. They've got hypothermia and weather mods that go along with the survival stuff and, while it takes twice as long to do anything, it's fun if you're into that stuff.

• Like 1

Do they have one where you have to take a dump and bury it so bears don't come?

I hope this is a thing in the sequel. Like it's made a big deal and is on the back of the box. You shit with bears downwind of you? Snap, crackle, pop! YOU DEAD.

• Like 3