DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

I liked No Way Out, though. There were a few years where they utilized it correctly. Remember when USA would air those lead in specials to SummerSlam or whatever?  I liked those and that's what the PPV before Mania should be. It should be a warm up to Mania and progress the story lines in a meaningful way without giving away any huge matches.

They did a No Way Out once where I think it was Lesnar and Benoit vs. Team Angle as one of the feature matches and on paper it didn't seem like a big deal but it continued the Angle/Lesnar story and the match itself was really fucking good from what I remember..  Someone else could chime in because I haven't seen it since it aired.

I don't agree with this Reigns isn't ready talking point at all.

Look at this:

smackdown2.gif?w=650

He's like a real-life superhero.

WWE sells moments not five-star matches. All he needs is one moment like that against Lesnar and he's golden. WWE doesn't and honestly shouldn't care how a hardcore Philadelphia or WrestleMania crowd reacts to him. He's over on house shows and he moves numbers positively. He's exactly what they want and need as their hood ornament going into the future. He'll come off well to the media doing the WrestleMania press.

He's ready enough. The company's failing him. They got a couple of months to get it right. They'll probably just make it worse though.

It doesn't help that the company's top heel is a woman that wouldn't let their most over woman face get a feel good moment in their PPV match. Unless Reigns is good push HHH out of the way to knock Steph out, I don't see how what Reigns does will be memorable in WM history. Unfortunately :(

WWE is running with Cena/Rusev at Fast Lane.  Will that mean a gimmick rematch for Mania or is this a one and done?

Cena is going to lose, then we're going to get a few weeks of tedious promos from him about how he let his country down and he's going to overcome the odds for 'Murica! then get his win back at Mania.

Only way to salvage this IMO:

-Lesnar does something henious to Reigns, like attack his family or something

-Rollins cashes in and wins the title

-Reigns wants at Brock so bad, he gives up the title shot just to fight him at Mania

-He gives it to Bryan, who "never lost the title" on the condition he gets a shot down the line when he wants it

This sets up either a huge Summerslam main event, or a big match whenever Reigns is ready.  Maybe even a Reigns heel turn if they want (he is mad he let Bryan take his spot and goes on a rampage, for example)

• Like 1

I hope they keep Reigns vs Lesnar as the main event. Reigns wins, Lesnar leaves for UFC, everyone hates it, WWE Network looses 300K subscribers, RAW ratings fall to 1.9 with no Monday Night Raw competition, Vince is forced to retire, Triple H takes over, RAW is now NXT RAW, Sami Zayn is new face of company, WWE Network makes it all the way up to 999K subscribers! (they never hit 1 million).

• Like 1

If they have any sense, Cena/Rusev will be a one and done, or at least the rematch will be held off to Extreme Rules. I'm telling you, the international flavor of the crowd plus their general disdain for Cena would make that match a disaster.

I actually think Sheamus would make for a good Rusev opponent at Mania. Also imagine a world with a credible Cesaro who got to keep the "we the people" chant could fill that void.

Craig H, on 27 Jan 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

You know...Rusev could beat Cena at Fast Lane and then challenge Bryan at WM. I'd rather watch Bryan vs Rusev than Bryan vs Sheamus.

Bryan/Rusev would be badass. I'm trying to think of what they do with Cena if he doesn't face Rusev at Mania.

You know...Rusev could beat Cena at Fast Lane and then challenge Bryan at WM. I'd rather watch Bryan vs Rusev than Bryan vs Sheamus.

Bryan/Rusev would be badass. I'm trying to think of what they do with Cena if he doesn't face Rusev at Mania.

Cena/Sting vs. HHH/Kane

Cena/Sting vs. HHH/Kane

Finally, a partner who wouldn't turn on Sting...

Bryan vs Rusev is best alternative to Brayn vs Brock possible

Dean is going to be stuck in the battle royal isn't he? 

I'd be surprised if they brought the Andre battle royal back. Their treatment of Cesaro shows winning that match means jack shit. I could see Bryan/Rollins at Mania both guys would probably ask for that match to steal the show. This year could use the MITB match for guys like Ziggler and Ambrose to be involved in something important not a shitty ass battle royal two months after a shitty ass Rumble.