DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

No Scott is a multifaceted character. He is a guy who is cool on the outside and a raging inferno on the inside. He lost his parents and brother at a very young age and grew up in an Orphanage. Which I think gave him trust issues. He also has the burden of living with a power than can kill someone if he sneezes at the wrong time. That is a huge burden to carry, for a relatively young man.That is without getting into the retcons that have been piled on. . 

• Like 1

He also has the burden of living with a power than can kill someone if he sneezes at the wrong time. 

Unless of course he wore Macho Man style ruby lens goggles then it wouldn't be a problem. But no, the burden of living with a power that fucks up his fashion sense is too much.

I've been to a couple movies in the theater recently and both had a trailer for the new Wolverine movie.  Wasn't there already a movie just about Wolverine? And yes with a quick google search I see that there was.  So how is this one different?

No Deadpool to f*** up?

Deep thought: I'm not much of a gore-hound, but still when watching The Wolverine, I wanted to see more blood.  I just realized why that is. 

It's not because of the blood per se.  It's that in order to avoid the blood, you had to shoot the fight sequences in a goofy sleight-of-hand way.  You were always seeing the back of someone who just got slashed in their front.  It's hard to shoot a good fight scenes when you can't really show the fighting.

Another point: I really think the film could have done a better job with the reveal that Wolverine's healing factor was compromised.  That should have been a big deal for Logan, but I felt there was never a big memorable WTF moment for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm late to the party, but just saw The Wolverine, and I'll be honest, I have no idea what all the praise is about. It was just as bad as Origins (Of course, I don't think Origins was the worst comic book movie to ever grace the screen, just not a good film). The "twist" at the end was about as predictable and unoriginal as it gets. And the fact that they wasted the removal of Wolvie's adamantium on a throwaway villain, instead of Magneto, was a terrible decision. Seeing "Trask" on the TV screen was best part of the entire movie.

• 1 month later...

Also...was...was that Apocalypse's tomb?

I think if he was in this, we would have heard by now. Would be awesome though.It seems absurd that, with the X-Men's deep bench of villains. we made it all the way to FIRST CLASS before getting another major supervillain besides Magneto.

Also...was...was that Apocalypse's tomb?

I think if he was in this, we would have heard by now. Would be awesome though.It seems absurd that, with the X-Men's deep bench of villains. we made it all the way to FIRST CLASS before getting another major supervillain besides Magneto.

Pretty sure there was an article on BC from earlier in the year that implied he might be in.