DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Depends on what artist is drawing where Parker lands.  He wasn't good looking at all under Ditko (who drew the book half the time to look like a horror comic) but was "filled out" under John Romita (who drew the book half the time like a romance comic.)

Trailer didn't blow me away. There weren't any real "holy shit!" moments. I don't know, we'll see. I'm more hyped for Days of Future Past. That has the potential to be either really good or just terrible. I feel the new Spider-Man will fall somewhere between "okay" and "slightly better than ok"

When you consider everything Singer had working against him, that the first X-Men movie isn't a complete trainwreck is a testament to him, and a minor miracle, regardless of how it holds up today.

And then he came back, dealt with a bunch of the same bullshit all over again, and made a classic of the genre.

He is the man. Can't wait to see what he turns in now that the cuffs are off and he can go crazy.