DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Garfield wasn't CONSTANTLY crying in ASM. For Christ's sake, McGuire cried more than a fucking Hobbitt.

There were a ton of scenes where Garfield is doing the ugly holding back the tears face that Carrie does in Homeland.

The thing about Spider-man 2 is that it's the rare movie that had too many inconsistencies for me. Peter being into science is only relevant insofar as connecting him to Octavius. The mask gets no respect and there's waaaaaaay too much NY Jesus imagery going on. And the Aunt May dangling scene is intolerable...not least of which because the only thing that saves her is that she was never really in danger in the first place.

But honestly, I can't get over Ock using the tentacles at several points to basically hold himself up while he goes punch for punch with Spider-man. Yes, this fat average scientist can somehow now take multiple blows to the head from a guy who can lift cars. They took a guy whose whole visual/combat dynamic was based on cat and mouse and turned him into a guy who gets into really boring slugfests that are supposed to be impressive because they're CG'ed on the side of a building. It ruins a bunch of the big suspense moments and absolutely infuriates me.

So you've got a Spider-man who is into science the way hipsters are into irony and an Ock who can't outthink a random thug. But it's cool, because they have a cuddlefest at the end.

Fuck that movie.

• Like 3

Sorry, Rogue fans:

Entertainment Weekly have exclusively revealed that there will be one less future scene in X-Men: Days of Future Past next year, with the result being that Anna Paquin's 'Rogue' will no longer be making an appearance in the movie. Apparently, it was a rescue sequence which would have also featured Magneto (Ian McKellen), Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore). Were the trio saving the powerless Rogue? "Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous," explained director Bryan Singer. "It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it." The scene was shot early on in production, and Singer went on to praise the True Blood star before adding that she understood his decision. How do you guys feel about this news?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

That's a shame. Like Anna Paquin's performance as Rogue in X-Men and X2.

• Like 1

Unholy Dragon's argument is bullshit and his complaints are insane given the fact that Peter Parker is unmasing in ASM every other scene. It's beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, but that's due to people trying to pin him down and unmask him. And despite that, they do mostly keep his identity protected rather than having New York raise him up as maskless crowdsurfing NY Jesus and pretending that his identity is still a secret. There's really only the one time he's unmasked in public and it's by the police, with him trying to keep his face hidden throughout the confrontation bar speaking with Mr. Leary. It's still annoying, but far less conspicuously so. 

Peter bent a goalpost in plain view during football practice in Amazing Spider-Man. How the whole school didn't figure it out then, I'll never understand.

• Like 1

Unholy Dragon's argument is bullshit and his complaints are insane given the fact that Peter Parker is unmasing in ASM every other scene. It's beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, but that's due to people trying to pin him down and unmask him. And despite that, they do mostly keep his identity protected rather than having New York raise him up as maskless crowdsurfing NY Jesus and pretending that his identity is still a secret. There's really only the one time he's unmasked in public and it's by the police, with him trying to keep his face hidden throughout the confrontation bar speaking with Mr. Leary. It's still annoying, but far less conspicuously so. 

Peter bent a goalpost in plan view during football practice in Amazing Spider-Man. How the whole school didn't figure it out then, I'll never understand.

Yeah, that scene's a cute visual, but uh...what the hell was that football made of? Even factoring from super strength, the ball should give before the goalpost. Dodgy science moment.

I have faith in Singer but everything I've read lately makes this sound like a giant clusterfuck. I hope that's not the case. X-Men are by far my favorite Marvel team.

I've had the same concern since this was confirmed.

Have faith in Singer. This could potentially be as amazing as Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Those images look a lot like the promotional images for the 2002 movie.  I mean they did basically switch back to the exact same costume.

Yeah, the only differences are thinner arm stripes, a longer spider emblem on the front and better lenses on the mask.