DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

In 2014, people really give a shit about the Fantastic Four? Only good properties from that franchise are Doom, Surfer, and Galactus.

I'd rather see a movie featuring Molecule Man than the Surfer.  I think he's one of the more interesting villains in the Marvel catalog.  And I assume he's under the FF banner.

This Fantastic Four movie is sounding brutal. Josh Gad as the Thing might be the worst casting in a comic book movie ever. Next let me put on my not a racist hat but Michael B Jordan as the Human Torch changes the story so much. Have they explained how that fits at all?

This Fantastic Four movie is sounding brutal. Josh Gad as the Thing might be the worst casting in a comic book movie ever. Next let me put on my not a racist hat but Michael B Jordan as the Human Torch changes the story so much. Have they explained how that fits at all?

racist1.gif

Those X-Men movies should be called "Bryan Singer's Leather Fetish Presents X-MEN." I don't know how they can still reject the classic costumes after all this time for this crap.

Well considering that most of these stories are based on Claremont's X-Men run at least we're not getting it shoved into our faces every fucking minute.

I thought a buddy of mine said it really well: "Even if you love and ardently defend Singer and the X Men movies, it's been 15 years. Isn't it time someone else got to take a stab at the franchise? Imagine if Tim Burton had been offered Batman Begins."

Which character is that guy on the left supposed to be? And is that guy from The Following?

The character on the left is Sunspot.  And yes, that is Shawn Ashmore from The Following making his fourth appearance as Iceman.

Thanks. Also, I knew about Shawn Ashmore. I actually meant is the guy playing Sunspot also from The Following? He looks like one of the serial killers from the first season.

Which character is that guy on the left supposed to be? And is that guy from The Following?

The character on the left is Sunspot.  And yes, that is Shawn Ashmore from The Following making his fourth appearance as Iceman.

Thanks. Also, I knew about Shawn Ashmore. I actually meant is the guy playing Sunspot also from The Following? He looks like one of the serial killers from the first season.

Ah, well then the answer is yes, he was also on The Following.  Small world.

Presumably, he has bone claws in the stuff set post-The Wolverine, and metal when his brain is sent back into his younger body.

Ok, so in the magazine Singer basically says Future Wolverine has metal claws because he and Magneto are allies in that timeline and Mags uses his power to give them back to him. On one hand, it makes sense: If you're fighting giant robots, you want your guy to have his badass metal-shredding claws. On the other hand, it kinda sucks that they're wiping out the big consequence of THE WOLVERINE so quickly, making it even more of a lame duck movie than it was already.

But, hey, it's a comics character. Wiping out consequences is what they do.

So Past Wolverine is pre-Weapon X. Which I guess should have been obvious since Stryker is so young in this one.

Oh, the article also confirmed that X-MEN: APOCALYPSE will, in fact, be some sort of riff on the Age of Apocalypse storyline.

Singer also officially debunked the "Apocalypse is an alien that possesses Magneto" bullshit.