DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

I would give a nut (not really) for Marvel to get the X-Men rights again, this looks awful.

I know most people liked First Class, but apart from Fassbender and McAvoy I thought the movie sucked butts. I just think that after Last Stand expectations were so low, that First Class seemed good.

The final fight is a bit off tonally (I think they needed to just fully commit that they weren't making a superhero movie, they were making an old school action film that happened to have a superhero as the protagonist) but the rest of the movie was really good.

Especially the longer, bloodier, more fuck dropping director's cut.

• Like 1

I don't mean to make you guys vomit all over your keyboards, but apparently Josh Gad is up for The Thing in the FANTASTIC FOUR reboot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

It's so weird how Hollywood keeps getting Ben Grimm consistently wrong. Wasn't he a handsome, strapping, athletic guy in the comics? I love Chiklis but he only meets the criteria for one of those descriptors. And Gad is a fucking troll.

The Thing is a pretty blatant parallel to the Beast from the fairy tale. It's amazing that Hollywood, who love their easy archetypes so much, keep missing that.