DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

I was thinking about Shatterstar, but then I considered that A) he's a little too similar to Deadpool in that he's a punchy/kicky/choppy guy, and B) his backstory is ultra-convoluted (in a movie where you're already likely going to have to explain Cable), which would be a problem. Unless the movie is actually about Mojoworld, which would actually be cool and differentiate X-Force from the X-Men movies, in which case, he's obviously in.

I feel like a good way to set apart an X-Force movie would be to approach it like a men-on-a-mission film, with Cable (or Wolverine?*) going outside of Xavier's farm system to recruit a some guys/gals to accomplish some goals that the X-Men proper can't/won't. And if that goal is located on a crazy alien world, even better.

*I'd rather Wolverine wasn't in this, but you just know Fox is going to want an established character to get this movie off the ground.

Well, Hugh Jackman said in interviews that X-Men: DoFP will be the last time he will play Wolverine, but maybe he is just playing the usual game for more money like Robert Downey Jr. did.

Well, Hugh Jackman said in interviews that X-Men: DoFP will be the last time he will play Wolverine, but maybe he is just playing the usual game for more money like Robert Downey Jr. did.

When did he say this?

I recently watched The Amazing Spider-Man. It was solid. I like Andrew Garfield a lot. He was cracking jokes...etc. It felt more like Spidey than Tobey McGuire to me. I absolutely loved Emma Stone as the female lead, Gwen

I know most people weren't moved by the film, but Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were way better as a Peter Parker/love interest combo than Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst.  They just fit the roles better and I enjoyed their interactions in The Amazing Spider-Man.

Admittedly, I never cared for Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane in Raimi's films.

If they don't make an X Statix movie (which would be too fucking awesome for the world), I think the X Force movie needs to be animated/CGI-ified so that all of the actors look like Rob Leifield drawings. That movie would be the stuff of nightmares. No one would have feet. 

So now that Spidey has a thread, I guess this is the X-Men thread? Wendigoooooooooooo!

Some Days of Future Past stuff.

Sentinel Head - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=83532

I think it's safe to assume we'll get more than the head this time.

Character photos of old Wolverine, Colossus, Xavier, Magneto and Bishop - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=83550

I wasn't as big as a fan of the X-Men animated series as I was Spider-Man or Batman but the Days of Future Past episodes stood out to me. And that was before I became a Terminator fanboy. 

I got this from another forum. It's the post credit scene from The Wolverine...

Two years after the events in "The Wolverine", Logan is walking through an airport waiting in line for the metal detector. A Trask Industries promo (can't recall if it's either a news report or commercial) is playing on the TV screens in the airport.Just as he gets to the detector, coins and other metal bits around him start levitating. He realizes someone is behind him and spins around. A man in a black trench and hat slowly lifts his head - it's Ian McKellen as Magneto. A Magneto who seems to have his power back.Magneto then tells him that something is coming that could destroy all mutant kind and wants him to join the fight. Logan turns him down, saying why should he join him. It's then he realises all the noise and people around him have stopped moving.Patrick Stewart's Professor X in his wheelchair rolls through the airport around the frozen people and up to Logan. A disbelieving Logan asks him "how is this possible?". Xavier replies with a reference back to the first film - "Like I told you before, you're not the only one with gifts". Cut to black.

And these are the plot details from X-Men: DOFP I got from Joblo...

In Singer's take, Ellen Page returns as Kitty from the Brett Ratner–directed X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, but this time she uses her powers to send Hugh Jackman's Wolverine back into the past, where he encounters the younger mutants played by James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender. However, something bad happens to Kitty during the time-travel trance, and while Wolverine is still under her spell, the other X-Men must race to find a mutant who can siphon Kitty's powers and bring their friend back to the future.

I09 posted a description of the Comic-Con footage for Days of Future Past...

We saw the first teaser of X-Men: Days of Future Past just now at San Diego Comic-Con, and it was the most exciting X-Men moment in a decade. Here's our rough impressions of what we saw. UPDATE: More details added!

Spoilers ahead...

Seriously, I hope this footage shows up online soon, because my description is not going to do it justice. There was a lot going on here. We saw it twice, so I'm adding more details from the second watching.

We see a closeup of Patrick Stewart's eye, and someone (Stewart) asks, "What's the last thing you remember?" Professor X (Stewart) responds, "I had a glimpse into the past."Then Professor X tells Wolverine, "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you." We slowly zoom out from Professor X's aged face, and then we see him with a Cerebro helmet on, and later coming out of the Cerebro chamber.

And this is a dark dystopian future, where the dark, fetishy costumes are looking more dirty and distress and messed up, and Professor X and Ian McKellen's Magneto seem weary and filled with dread. They're in a war chamber in front of a table that shows how badly things are going. Wolverine even has a bit of gray in his facial hair.

We see flashes of all our favorite mutants, including Storm against a stormy sky, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, and some others. And there are futuristic-looking mutants, including Omar Sy as Bishop, and some others I couldn't identify wearing dramatic Mad Max-y makeup.

We learn that Professor X and Magneto have come together "side by side, to end this war before it ever begins."

Wolverine asks, "So I wake up in my younger body, and then what?" Professor X responds, "Find me, convince me of all this." And Magneto chimes in that Wolverine will find younger Magneto a different person, "a darker person." We catch glimpses of 1970s versions of Magneto and Professor X — with a lot more hair and a lot more fire to them. Young Professor X has a crazy beard and a 1970s groovy outfit with an X-shaped light on his face, while Young Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is waving a gun.

We see Young Professor X blowing dust off a white globe.

Back then, Professor X says, "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." We see Young Professor X putting his hands on someone's face as he tries to understand. Maybe Wolverine's face?

Older Wolverine responds, "Patience isn't my strong suit."

And then blue glowing hands are gripping Wolverine's head, sending him back in time into the body of his younger self.

We catch glimpses of other stuff — Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor. Young Magneto descending from the air looking scary. There is a mysterious opening under the Oval Office, revealed by the oval opening up like a trapdoor. And protests in the street, and Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) addressing a government hearing. And Richard Nixon looking weird and terrifying — and then Mystique walking down the street changing into a man in a pimp suit.

There is a LOT of stuff blowing up, and Young Professor X using Magneto, and the Beast attacking, a woman walking away from an airplane, and a military setting. We glimpse Professor X shielding his face from an intense white light, and the Cerebro machine exploding.

Young Professor X says, "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future."

And then Old Professor X is face to face with his younger self. He says: "Please. We need you to hope again." It's an actual spine-tingling moment. Actual goosebumps here.

In the panel, we met Omar Sy, who told us that Bishop is visiting from the future and just trying to survive, like everyone. Also on the panel: Peter Dinklage confirmed he really is playing Bolivar Trask.

And Evan Peters was here, as the new Quicksilver. Asked to describe his character, Peters said: "He's very fast. He's quick. He's a spaz. He talks quick, he moves quick, everybody is very slow compared to him. He's always at an ATM waiting for the bastard in front of him to finish."

"He's got excellent genes," added Michael Fassbender, who plays his father, Magneto.

Someone asks what sort of costume Quicksilver will have, and Singer responds: "It'll be a seventies costume. I had grown up as a kid in the 1970s and I had forgotten how hideous some of the clothing was back then."

Someone asked if we might get a Deadpool movie, and Bryan Singer wouldn't confirm that one will happen — but he did say the X-Men universe is as big as the rest of the Marvel universe, and there's enough room for a ton of X-Men films developing all the different characters and corners of the universe, building it out.

Someone asked Jackman about musicals, and he said he would never sing as Wolverine. The crowd was disappointed, so he gave us a taste of what a Wolverine musical would be like: "I'm gonna slice 'em, I'm gonna dice 'em," he sang operatically.

Someone asked the assembled cast which X-Men character, other than their own, they would want to play. Patrick Stewart responded: "I would like to play any female character in any X-Men movie, because then I would have a chance of winning an Academy Award." (Because three of the women in the X-Men have won Oscars.)

Iain McKellen said: "If I can't play the younger Magneto, then I would like to grow wings and play Angel."

Oh, and in the panel for The Wolverine before we saw this footage, Hugh Jackman gave a shoutout to Wolverine co-creator Len Wein, who was in the audience, and it was really gracious and awesome.

http://io9.com/first-x-men-days-of-future-past-footage-gave-us-gooseb-853412270

He's always at an ATM waiting for the bastard in front of him to finish."

Either this guy's read one of Peter David's X-Factor runs, or somebody fed him this line about Pietro Maximoff Syndrome.

Way more excited about Dofp than I am for any other superhero movie. Just feels like to me they're doing everything right by not ignoring previous films, but knowing they weren't the best and trying to work through them intelligently to get to a better end product. Hopefully more films in the future with Apocalypse etc as well.

Including all the previous films, does the continuity make any sense at all?I thought Origins and First Class contradicted each other. And Bill Duke is now a white midget. 

Origins: Wolverine has been retconned out, apparently. 

The Wolverine is up to 76% on RT. Wowzer. I wonder what it is that critics are enjoying hmm

Dropped to 69% now. From the odd reviews I've read of The Wolverine, it's the final act which is getting the most criticism.

Pacific Rim started around 75% with 8 or 9 reviews, went as high as 80%, and then went down to 72% as the reviews started to pile in. Certain elements of summer action movies can be divisive. I highly doubt anything can as divisive as what was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I've only ever seen a couple of bits from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I don't have an urge to watch the whole thing.

Stills from The Amazing Spider-Man 2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When the time comes, let Emma Stone play Mary Jane Watson as well.

Just got back from The Wolverine and I liked it more than I thought I was going to.

It was really obvious which parts were kept from when Aronofsky was still on board to direct and which parts were added in for the SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER~! aspect. The third act does get really cheesy, but I think the end redeems it. The credits scene was a nice touch, too.

• Like 1