DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Miz is probably the most media friendly guy they have outside of Cena, so yeah, he's going to get more breaks than a Cesaro or Ambrose.  Not that I like it, but I reckon I can see the rationale.

But I don't worship them. I worship this guy:

Wade-Barrett-with-Simon-Grayson.jpg

B17haIOIgAA7r55.jpg

Such a good interview and doesn't look like people would think "Geez. This guy is a wrestler? What a joke." But cripes, how tall are the sports newpeople in England?

And I was over the Miz promos in 2010 because they all felt like "No one thought I would make it. Blah blah. I am here now."

Miz is probably the most media friendly guy they have outside of Cena, so yeah, he's going to get more breaks than a Cesaro or Ambrose.  Not that I like it, but I reckon I can see the rationale.

But I don't worship them. I worship this guy:

Such a good interview and doesn't look like people would think "Geez. This guy is a wrestler? What a joke." But cripes, how tall are the sports newpeople in England?

And I was over the Miz promos in 2010 because they all felt like "No one thought I would make it. Blah blah. I am here now."

The last pic is him with two former professional soccer players - Danny Dichio on the left (6'3") and Craig Forrest on the right (6'5") 

• Like 1

I'm probably one of the few people who wouldn't mind another Miz WWE Championship run. If you book him like the Honky Tonk Man, it would probably work very well. 

Or they could just give him in the IC Title and give him a Honky Tonk Man style run there. That belt needs SOMETHING to rejuvenate it. A year of people chasing a guy and failing to beat him might do the trick. 

Being a big Lance Russel mark, this series tickled my fancy. Classic Memphis footage, and two pals going over some precious memories.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/10893260/wrestling-reunion-dave-brown-and-lance-russell-part-14

[don't grok how to imbed, but Action News 5 from Mempho did a four part retrospective of rassling. So good.]

positivity,

RAF 

• Like 5

I'm probably one of the few people who wouldn't mind another Miz WWE Championship run. If you book him like the Honky Tonk Man, it would probably work very well.

Or they could just give him in the IC Title and give him a Honky Tonk Man style run there. That belt needs SOMETHING to rejuvenate it. A year of people chasing a guy and failing to beat him might do the trick.

I think a simple thing WWE or any promotion with tv could do is put up a graphic when a champion wrestles stating how long they've held the belt, maybe number of successful defenses, win/loss record against their opponent, etc.

People are so into fantasy sports and statistics these days that quantifying wrestling seems like a natural fit.

• Like 2

I think a simple thing WWE or any promotion with tv could do is put up a graphic when a champion wrestles stating how long they've held the belt, maybe number of successful defenses, win/loss record against their opponent, etc.

People are so into fantasy sports and statistics these days that quantifying wrestling seems like a natural fit.

The biggest issue with doing that is that it would expose how shoddy WWE booking is. Brock Lesnar's infographic would show that he's been champion for 3 months with only one successful defense and I couldn't begin to imagine what Dean Ambrose's graphic would say during his reign as US Champion. 

WWE would have to actually book wins and losses to matter and they seem unable to do that.

Whoever turned Miz face needs to be fired. The man was born to be an arrogant douchebag heel.

Probably their stupid PR people. A douchebag heel can't be making family friendly movies for us.

Funny thing is that's why his character is so good right now, he's a douchebag heel who thinks he's a big star when he's making not family-friendly, but WWE FUNDED movies which all of us know aren't any good (aside from the See No Evil and Oculus fans). It's kinda this meta analysis of the WWE smark fan's opinions of him and thanks to the symbiosis with Mizdow, which is/should be hilarious to all the fans, the two gimmicks work. 

Also, goddamn I love Alexei Sayle. 

Sandow had been my least favorite guy on the roster for a couple of years.  As Mizdow, he is shockingly entertaining, and it's the first time I've ever not actively hated everything he does whenever he is on tv.

Not sure if the credit goes to Miz for giving him something to reflect off of (literally, in this case), Sandow for absolutely running with it, or the writers for a rare success in creating a great direction for a character.

I think Miz and Sandow doing the same stuff at the same time proves their average-ness. Take away one of them, and the act is in who cares land. Sansow is entertaining because it's fun to make fun of the Miz.

They need to bring Maryse back and give Sandow a blonde to complete the act.

20080901_santino.jpg

• Like 5

The problem with Miz is and always has been that he's just about the least convincing wrestler imaginable. He seems like the kind of guy who got his ass kicked his whole life because of his mouth. And that's ok, if that's his gimmick and it is represented in his wrestling style. But it's not. In the day and age of 50/50 booking he's gone toe to toe with just about everyone on the roster. Making everyone sell for fundamentally sound but weak looking offense.

While he's never drawn me in personally, I can acknowledge that the few times they've given him something to sink his teeth into he is a top promo.

I do wonder if with the mizdow angle he's receiving the oft spoken of, rarely substantiated xpac Heat.

• Like 2

Speaking of great Miz moments, the promo where he flipped the logo on the spinner belt upside down to make it an M was an all-time great too, second only to the aforementioned U.S. title/leaving the locker room/JBL promo in his career.