DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Well my sources tell me that Lucha Underground's budget was blown-up because now they gotta pay Marty the Moth a sizable ransom amount to get Sexy Star back. They're still debating if they should pay it though or have Pentagon Jr. go all-Denzel and burn whatever city Marty has Sexy Star held hostage to the ground.

...and that my friends is why Season 2 is still not yet confirmed.

• Like 1

Vampiro looked far more like the fat bloated bald zombie on the boat in the opening scene of Zombi 2. I'm sure - being on El Rey - he was going for a Fulci tribute with his look. That's loyalty to his network right there!

• Like 3

Dario's medallions from The Gift of the Gods title? That seems like a nice choice.

As pogs.  Lucha Underground returns!  This time in pog form.  Look for highly-limited trios pogs made with state-of-the-art lenticular technology as well as the ultra-limited five-sided Pentagon, Jr. and "monster-sized" Matanza slammers.  Finding one will be a true "gift from the gods".  Collect 'em all to bring the lucha to your temple!

Really, instead of building a new temple, doing tapings from multiple locales would make sense.  Cueto had one and a half people killed in season 1.  He should stay on the move.  There's empty warehouses and factories everywhere.  Just stick the ring, some lights, and some bleachers in there and you're good.  I don't feel confident about a second season happening anytime soon either though.

Honestly, if they did Lucha Underground pogs I would definitely get them.  Maybe even play them for ol' time's sake.  The winning pogs go in a toy belt just like the Gift of the Gods belt.

Okay, I kind of want this now.

"A few tidbits from Lucha Underground head writer Chris DeJoseph"

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3gfic9/a_few_tidbits_from_lucha_underground_q_a_with/

Some interesting things here, but none more bizarre than this:

• At one point, Martin Casaus (Marty “The Moth” Martinez) was Mil Muertes. And Matt Cross was not the original Son of Havok. * Ricochet recommended Shane Strickland (Killshot).

There's your daily "WTF were they thinking".  

As much as I love LU, El Rey at times seems to be a very poorly run station. There's no real direction or promotion. The station has spent millions of dollars on Bond films to a station that has an average audience of around 70K people and even less coming in from ads. I don't see how this company can make money.

People always complain when WWE says that wrestling fans aren't smart enough to understand complex storylines.

This is probably right in some cases, sadly.

Read this week's Observer.

Dave totally doesn't understand main points in like three different Ultima Lucha angles and it's hilarious.