DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

I don't know, it did end with a sequel hook or sorts.

Yeah. I just remember in the marketing for it, before it began they would call it "a 6-part television event". And I thought that meant ONLY 6 parts.

Glad I'm wrong though. I liked the show.

Same. Just read the article and after seeing how Joss integrated some of the stuff we saw in "Carter" into Widow's backstory - not to mention getting to see Atwell with Cap again - I was just thinking how great that show was and how sad it'd be if it was a one off.

Also I don't want to drag this into a ratings/Nielsen discussion but I honestly believe Carter was more popular than the numbers showed. I've been to two decent size comicons in the past few months and besides the standard cute girl costumes (Harley, Spidergirl, Khaleesi)

I've noticed a sudden surge in WWII pin up/Rosie Riveter type cosplaying which I attribute to Carter. I don't know how Marvel's stuff breaks along gender lines but I would be willing to bet Carter drew the strongest female demo of any of it.

Same. Just read the article and after seeing how Joss integrated some of the stuff we saw in "Carter" into Widow's backstory - not to mention getting to see Atwell with Cap again - I was just thinking how great that show was and how sad it'd be if it was a one off.

Also I don't want to drag this into a ratings/Nielsen discussion but I honestly believe Carter was more popular than the numbers showed. I've been to two decent size comicons in the past few months and besides the standard cute girl costumes (Harley, Spidergirl, Khaleesi)

I've noticed a sudden surge in WWII pin up/Rosie Riveter type cosplaying which I attribute to Carter. I don't know how Marvel's stuff breaks along gender lines but I would be willing to bet Carter drew the strongest female demo of any of it.

My impression is that Carter synced up to Widow's Backstory more than the other way around.

Didn't think I'd be so happy to see season 2 for Agent Carter, but I am.  Also helps I saw first Captain America and was reminded of the connections to the show.  Good for Hailey, too, she was phenomenal in her role.  As for AoS, it was expected, but good to see it renewed anyway.

Slowly making my way through Daredevil. With an 8 month old baby and conflicting work schedules between myself and my wife, we can only watch one episode every couple of days. But we just watched.....I think it was episode 7 last night.

The one where Vladimir and Matt are running from the cops and are trapped together in the abandoned building. Yeah. GREAT episode. My favorite of all episodes so far. Tension was built fantastically. Matt and Fisk talk for the first time. The way Matt reacted when he realized he gave away to Fisk that he doesn't know everything. Fisk getting so upset that Matt won't bend to him. I dunno. Just everything in the episode was so compelling and so well done. Can't wait to continue watching through the series. So good so far.

You fuckers have me 50/50 on whether i need to watch Agents of Shield or not. Is it worth the effort?

Wasn't for me.  I finally got it over the DVR (I've been recording it, not watching for months, then catching up 5-6 episodes in a week,  Couldn't quite bring myself to give up on it completely).

It seems pretty well received here and other message boards.  Personally, I think it would be less liked if it wasn't a Marvel property.

• Like 1

You fuckers have me 50/50 on whether i need to watch Agents of Shield or not. Is it worth the effort?

I liked the first season, but the second was just too big of a clusterfuck for me to really get into.  Even though I still watch each episode I find myself unable to remember much of what happened afterwards.  Season two just brought in too many new characters who came in and out with not a ton of exposition, constant heel/face turns, new factions being created and people jumping back and forth to each one.

• Like 1

I'm sort of love/hate with AoS. I can't think of any show that suffers more from being a network series with the need to do 22 episodes than it. I don't know if Fanedits are still a thing - last time I sought one out was like 10 years ago to find a non-sucky version of the Star Wars prequels - but if somebody made like a condensed version of both season, you'd think the show was phenomenal. Unfortunately you have to wade through a lot of pointless chinlocks to get to the high spots.

As it is, if I were recommending it to a new fan, I'd probably tell them to watch the first episode then skip directly to the Winter Soldier era episodes (like the last 6-7 of S1). For S2, I'd just pick up the three eps around the winter break when they found the city in Puerto Rico and then watch everything since they came back (last 6-7 episodes - sensing a pattern here?).

• Like 2

Agent Carter renewed for season 2.  Agents of SHIELD renewed for season 3.

Really happy about Agent Carter renewal.  Happy to hear the Agents of SHIELD spin-off was shelved.  Just makes no sense right now to do another SHIELD series when you have Agent Carter.  

Coupled with renewal for Daredevil and all the other Netflix shows, Marvel is killing it on the TV end.

Still surprised a channel hasn't picked Agent Carter up for the UK. Hopefully it will happen or be released on DVD. Not that surprised about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. getting a third series.

My Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. review from the thread asking which superhero film next year DVDVR posters are more interested in with spoiler tags.

I enjoyed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. first half of season one more than most. Turn, Turn, Turn remains the highpoint of the show’s history.

The season improved thanks to tying into the reveal from Captain America: The Winter Soldier than HYRDA was still alive in S.H.I.E.L.D.

I’ve preferred the second season.

While I’ve liked the chase for the Diviner, the Inhumans reveal and the road to Civil War, I’m not keen on S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. Nu-S.H.I.E.L.D.

I recommend the show.

Last night Melinda (S2 Ep17) aired over her. Snap judgment is that it would possibly make my top ten episodes from the show's run.

• Like 1

I really like AOS. It's perfect for a one hour time waster.....just don't expect too much. The most surprising things about it are the characters I cared about the least in Season 1 are now my favorites(Ward/Fitzsimmons), and the ones who were my favs have fallen down a notch in my book.(Skye/Coulson.)

Also, Hunter has been a pretty great addition to the crew, as has Bobbi.

I also love that Kirk Acevado has appeared in a few eps. One of my favorite dudes from his days on Oz and Fringe.

• Like 1

I finally checked out Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. So far I'm way into it. I'm not saying it's as good as Batman:The Animated Series, but like BTAS it takes the tone of the movies that inspired it and mixes in material from the comics in a unique, fun way.

• Like 1

I finally checked out Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. So far I'm way into it. I'm not saying it's as good as Batman:The Animated Series, but like BTAS it takes the tone of the movies that inspired it and mixes in material from the comics in a unique, fun way.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes did Secret Invasion 3000x better than the books did. Great series they sadly cancelled to give the far inferior Avengers Assemble that runs everyone closer to the movies, including looks.

• Like 4