DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

If Netflix sticks to their plan of one show per year, we will get season 2 in 2020 at the earliest.

I really hope they change their mind about that. Five years is too long to wait between seasons.

If Netflix sticks to their plan of one show per year, we will get season 2 in 2020 at the earliest.

I really hope they change their mind about that. Five years is too long to wait between seasons.

Huh? I thought Jessica Jones was coming out in 2015....

There was an idea that Jessica Jones could drop before the end of the year.  Luke Cage will definitely drop in 2016.  Iron Fist?  I guess we shall see.  My guess is that Iron Fist and Defenders will hit in 2017.  

I guess it all depends on how Netflix and Marvel want to roll these out.  However, if Defenders is out in 2017, I would say there is a good chance we can see a second season before 2020.  But yeah waiting that long sounds insane.

Let's say Marvel/Disney, ABC, Netflix etc want to start pumping more money into these post-Daredevil.  Would it spread the TV division too thin if they film two Netflix shows at once along with whatever is going on with ABC for Agents of SHIELD, the proposed spin-off, etc?

If DAREDEVIL is the success that social media suggests it was, I imagine whatever plans Netflix/Marvel had just got fast tracked. I will be surprised if the Jessica Jones show doesn't make it out by the end of the year.

And I'm almost certain we'll get a 2nd season of DD before the Defenders series, in much the same way we got the 2nd Iron Man flick before Avengers. Marvel didn't get to where they are without knowing how to capitalize on a hit.

Y'all act like Disney doesn't have the resources to produce more than a show or two at a time.  They'll probably have two billion dollar movies this year, they can afford to make as many shows as they want.

The worry is over saturation

That is a very real worry, because Disney looks like they've decided to ride these motherfuckers until the wheels fall off.  I don't think they need to do another AOS, but if they decide not to make a spin off it won't be from lack of time, money, or resources. 

I've seen the few episodes of Daredevil...yeah, I have to echo everyone's thoughts about how good is. It's first Marvel tv/movie project in a long time that feels genuinely different. It's very smart how it plays into The Avengers continuity without referencing it too much. Yeah, when you destroy half a city...there are consequences.

People will bring up Nolan, but it reminds me of The Crow a lot too. Cinematography-wise.

• Like 1

"Supervillain trying to date and inevitably finding it a bit awkward" is actually a very interesting storyline.

Also, I'm now retconning the first Avengers movie: Loki didn't really want to take over the world. He just agreed to destroy the city so they'd give him a cut of that sweet crooked property deal money.

• Like 1

We're through episode 10. 9 and 10, combined are the end of the second act, and despite the praise I've seen here, I was really quite surprised by how good they were. Marvel and Netflix should be incredibly happy with this.