DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

They are going to be introducing Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and others plus they have the whole Guardians of the Galaxy.  They are all set for new stories going forward. They can plug Bucky into the Cap role. Really they only need to replace Tony Stark which obviously will not be easy because Downey is one of a kind BUT with that said..  I think Chris Pratt could become the new FACE OF THE MCU.  He can start appearing in everything.

Chris Evans @ChrisEvans 4h4 hours ago

Don't underestimate the benefit of awe. Take time to be amazed by things. By anything. By everything.

frank grillo @FrankGrillo 4h4 hours ago

@ChrisEvans I'm amazed at the ass whoopin you got coming. X

Chris Evans @ChrisEvans 4h4 hours ago

@FrankGrillo I'm amazed you can read. Be honest, your kids are helping you sound out the words.

frank grillo @FrankGrillo

@ChrisEvans I can read the hospital report for you after wake up from that that little snooze your gonna take hero boy.

• Like 2

Cap III Synopsis. I'm not spoiling this:

"'Captain America: Civil War' picks up where 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

I'm still excited if the villain is Zemo and they let him play one side against the other and not just be a Strucker.

Actually no, nevermind. Now I'm preemptively disappointed because I know we're not going to get him creating a Thunderbolts to solve the problem of accountability but really trying to screw everyone over which would be the awesomest possibility imaginable. Anything else is disappointing.

• Like 1

No Hulk and No Thor, so technically not Avengers #3, I'd guess. But yeah, don't know why they need to tack the "Captain America" name on this since it really isn't just his story or a movie about him. Could have just called it Marvel's Civil War or something similar instead of Captain America: Civil War

It was going to be a Cap movie until Snyder threw down the gauntlet. Marvel's too slick not to counter "Come see Batman punch Superman, plus the Justice League are in it" with "Come see Iron Man punch Captain America, plus The Avengers and Spider-Man are in it."

I'm actively surprised that rumor sites are suspecting Freeman might be Ross. I know we love the Priest BP run and there are elements of Freeman's awkwardness and downtroddenness and comedic timing that would work exceptionally well, but it's not exactly a character with a big Q-rating. 

That's true. Pierce was basically a name though. There isn't a hell of a lot of comics Pierce in that movie. I just think Ross is too joyful a character to be brought to life.

He's a hell of a POV character into the world of Black Panther though. 

I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet.

I'm actively surprised that rumor sites are suspecting Freeman might be Ross. I know we love the Priest BP run and there are elements of Freeman's awkwardness and downtroddenness and comedic timing that would work exceptionally well, but it's not exactly a character with a big Q-rating. 

Why would they be thinking he was playing General Ross? It's more or less confirmed that William Hurt is returning to play him.

So, i threw that out as a joke and it might be true?

Why would they be thinking he was playing General Ross? It's more or less confirmed that William Hurt is returning to play him.

Everett Ross. Not Thunderbolt Ross

And Mark, Bleeding Cool posted it so that's not exactly anything even possibly true but it's more "out in the wild" now.