DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Smith deal having a similar effect for the Pistons that the Rudy Gay deal had for Raptors. Also think Meeks coming back has given SVG the 3-point shooter his offense needs.

Ed Davis has had a really solid season for the Lakers. Wonder if they'll deal him. He could be a good 3rd big on a playoff team.

Meeks has been really good.  He absolutely went off in one game for 30 something off the bench the other day.

It's all too little, too late for this season though.  You don't climb out of 5-23 holes, even in the East.

Gasol with a double-double and 3 blocks by halftime.

I didn't hate getting him, but it felt like we were settling with him instead of who we really wanted.

I may not technically have been inaccurate in that assessment, but on a deeper level God was I wrong.

• Like 1

It's all too little, too late for this season though.  You don't climb out of 5-23 holes, even in the East.

Yeah 5 teams to climb is a bit much. Still not impossible though. This Heat team looks horrible. Pacers are probably the best of the 5 teams above them currently. Boston, Miami and Orlando have all played 4 or 5 less games against Western Conference teams than Detroit. So there is room to gain on them there.

I thought the only issue Pau would have when he signed with the Bulls was losing minutes since he wasn't too thrilled about it here, but that was always more of him really being poorly used in the final year by Phil (going more with Bynum in the paint and the Pau-Drew big combo never seemed smooth on the court) and the last couple of seasons by the two Mikes. Neither Mike ever used Pau properly and he still was pretty productive.  I think Byron would have used Pau better which is crazy to think given how the team started early in the season, but he's at least gotten the bigs to play well and didn't insult them like the dueling Mikes did. Still think it was better for Pau to leave since even with him on the team, Lakers were going to struggle anyway.

It's ok to say the Cavaliers suck, right?  Today was my 3rd or 4th time seeing them this season, and they have been buttcheeks every time.

No LeBron, no Kyrie tomorrow, no Verajo.  That will do it to you every time. It's just K-Love and Tristan Thompson, along with whoever shows up to the arena that day.

It's ok to say the Cavaliers suck, right?  Today was my 3rd or 4th time seeing them this season, and they have been buttcheeks every time.

No LeBron, no Kyrie tomorrow, no Verajo.  That will do it to you every time. It's just K-Love and Tristan Thompson, along with whoever shows up to the arena that day.

I wonder if they stole Lebatard's idea from the first year in Miami and let the Cavs have a "Run the Point Night."  I'd do it for the jersey and the kicks

• Like 1

The nutty thing is that the offense seems to flow much better without Lebron on the floor, there is just no one that can put the ball in the basket.  It's almost like Blatt actually gets to run the offense he wants to when LBJ is in a suit.

That trade machine win totals have improved somewhat it seems. A few years ago using it getting James and Durant only added 3 wins to the Sixers. This year trading AK47, Jason Richardson and Wroten for Kyrie Irving and Mike Miller only added 3.  Step in the right direction but more work still needed.

Thing is, like Roland mentioned, when Sanders isn't being a dipshit, he's exactly what they need.  Good rim protector and rebounder.  I'd actually say he's above average in those categories.

He's a good help defender and shot-blocker.  But his man defense is fairly average and his tendency to chase blocks leaves him out of position to rebound.  And he's pretty much a zero on offense outside of putbacks, where the Bucks could use someone that can score inside since neither Ilyasova or Parker has much of a post-up game.

Of course this is all moot because:

Sources tell me that Bucks center Larry Sanders recently told some Bucks officials that he doesn't want to play basketball anymore.

Yeah they are talking about it right now during the Sixers and Cavs game. Waiters never came out all game. Good GM if they can get any value from him. Cavs bench is really awful. It is nice watching Love operate around the basket. Total waste the way the use him when everyone is healthy.

Isn't Shumpert a good perimeter defender? Knicks team defensive stats from last year without him were atrocious and much better with him on the court. Did they have to take JR to get him? I don't get it.