DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not sure if D-League talk belongs here. But you all need to see the Reno Bighorns in action. They're averaging 141 PPG over 12 games this season. The second highest scoring team averages 120. Their head coach is David Arsenault Jr. His dad is the controversial legend at Grinnell College in Iowa, the school that puts up ridiculous numbers and semi-frequently has a player score over 100 in a game. All Grinnell does is run a full-court press, lets teams score if they don't get a turnover, fires up threes as quickly as possible and substitutes five at a time. They're criticized because they play teams that I could probably start on.

But the D-League is different, since the talent level is all evened out. And it's decent talent -- fringe NBA candidates. Their leading scorer is Brady Heslip, who was the three point bomber from Baylor the past few years. He's had a few games this season where he's made more than 10 3FGs in a game and also had a game where he put up 28 shots from deep. Their PG is David Stockton (John's kid) from Gonzaga. They and a few other people I don't know just fire up shots. It's insane. And, oh yeah, they also have SIM BHULAR, the 7'5" Indian/Canadian from New Mexico State. Watching him play in this system is an absolute sick pleasure.

This is absolutely bonkers to watch. Beyond entertaining and a total freak show. In the game I linked to, Reno put up 150 points... AND LOST BY 23!

I'm in love with how Charlie V has played since the big trade.  We had a hole up front with B-Wright leaving, and Charlie stepped in and made the most of it .Rondo is looking fairly confident in his jumpshot, which we need, because spacing was a big issue against Atlanta and Phoenix.  Tonight seemed like a really good glimpse of what this team with Rondo can look like.

Josh Smith had a few alarming air balls whenever he shot from deep, but he took down some key rebounds and scored well in the paint in his Rockets debut. Dwight seemed determined to defer to Smith all night, but Harden was in MVP mode and tied the game for OT with an effortless drive and layup and got a key block on Tony Allen that would've tied the game.

It's early, but I think I'm not going to regret signing Smith. Also, Corey Brewer looks like a good addition as well.

Josh Smith had a few alarming air balls whenever he shot from deep, but he took down some key rebounds and scored well in the paint in his Rockets debut. Dwight seemed determined to defer to Smith all night, but Harden was in MVP mode and tied the game for OT with an effortless drive and layup and got a key block on Tony Allen that would've tied the game.

It's early, but I think I'm not going to regret signing Smith. Also, Corey Brewer looks like a good addition as well.

Didn't Smith also put up 21 shots though?  They definitely have to reign him in when it comes to shot selection if they want this to work.  I thought Brewer was a very good pickup.  He's not excellent at anything, but he's solid at a lot of things.

Not that this is breaking news but the Knicks are fucking terrible. They just let Cousins look like Bill Walton and Michael Jordan on 2 different possessions in overtime. For my money the Knicks are substantially worse than Philly. I can't wait until the "Carmelo isn't a superstar" argument starts to gain national traction.

Please tell me it wasn't a dream that I saw Kenny throw Shaq into a Christmas tree

Did you see the real nice segment on Craig Sager? I was all "you go, boy!" looking at his wife. He's an inspiration to us all.

I love that pre- and post-game show. Those guys just have a great chemistry together.

Not that this is breaking news but the Knicks are fucking terrible. They just let Cousins look like Bill Walton and Michael Jordan on 2 different possessions in overtime. For my money the Knicks are substantially worse than Philly. I can't wait until the "Carmelo isn't a superstar" argument starts to gain national traction.

The worst part about the Knicks roster is that they have 2 of the top 4 salaries in the NBA this season and one of those players is not starting.

You all know about Temecula? It's one of my favorite things ever.

It all started on Christmas Day. Twitter user "MyTweetsRealAF" defended Kobe Bryant, making mention of how OKC is doing well without the presence of Kevin Durant. Twitter user "SnottieDrippen" then responded with some snarky response. This launched a Twitter beef between the two. It then escalated when MyTweetsRealAF challenged Snottie to a fist-fight outside of a Gold's Gym in the California city of Temecula (they're both residents of the area). MyTweetsrealAF than proceeded to take photos of him en route during his 35 minute journey to Temecula.

Snottie was visiting his mom in Arizona.

This in itself is amazing. HOWEVER, it is not yet done as MyTweetsRealAF recently released a DISS TRACK addressing the incident!

Even better, a reporter asked Kobe Bryant if he was aware of this. He wasn't. The reporter than showed Kobe the whole thing. Kobe: "The Mamba Army don't fuck around."

• Like 1