DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Celtics pissed me off for the first time this season. I'm sure it will not be the last. I felt pretty good about their 3-3 considering who they played and more importantly HOW they played..

Last night started off well but the second half went to complete shit. Yes, the Thunder still have some decent players on the team but losing to them by 15 after leading most of the way? Ugh. Terrible.

So is it more of Denver going with the wrong coach for their roster? I always thought they were more of an up-tempo team and B. Shaw was always more of a triangle/half-court type.

They are still playing uptempo. They are only behind Golden State in possessions per game. I can't say if it is coaching just because their shortcomings are all on the defensive end. Have no idea what credentials their assistant coaches bring to the table. Does look like they could have done themselves a favor by going after Mike Woodson as an assistant coach. They are right there with the Lakers for league worst defense. Their scoring is right in the middle of the league but I suppose since they are at the top with possessions they have a below average offense as well. Damn though 84 points allowed in the first half yesterday. Definitely time to start panicking.

Wroten still in the starting lineup. He is putting up better numbers than MCW did last season (well except TOs obviously) and is 2 years younger than MCW. Wonder if it will stick. They might actually be able to play them together if Wroten can keep that 3 point shooting percentage up.

Ever since the TNT schedule came out, it's been a big deal that the Raptors actually got a slot tonight. So what does TSN do? They air their own shitty Raps broadcast instead of the TNT broadcast they air every Thursday.

They have 5 TSN's and they couldn't put it on one of them.

Down 73-29 at the half and still shooting better than they were in that game last year against the Clippers. Checked back on the thread last year when this was happening. Relevant info was the record for a blowout is 68. Also how the Sixers were shooting 15% at one point. That was late in the 3rd quarter when mco543 posted that. Unfortunately no single player is on pace to outscore them like Griffin was during that game. Hoping they can beat that 68.

Nerlens Noel the highlight at -31 with 4 turnovers in 14 minutes. Have Jahlil Okafor's games circled on the calender for a reason. Not that I don't think he can be a productive defensive player in this league. Would just rather it be off the bench.

Did a swap of my Sixers ticket against Boston next week for one against Memphis on 12/13 (friend needs for that date b/c we are doing dh with Flyers that day). They sent me two tickets for that game back. Good on them for doing me a good deed, but I'm guessing inventory is plentiful these days. BTW Cole Miner keep posting Sixers updates b/c I want to stay in the loop for my second favorite team and I couldn't afford the NBA Center Court package.

One thing I can say about the Sixers, is that they try.  The effort level is there, but they are running uphill.  Part of me keeps hoping they'll have a "Major League" situation where they are intentionally god awful, but find a way to come together.

Game is pretty much over thankfully. 2 quarters of garbage time is pretty brutal. Good news though only have to wait until tomorrow for the next game. At Houston, what could possibly go wrong? Can't wait to see how many players Pop rests on Monday.

Thankfully the Duke game tomorrow starts at 6. Can witness 2 full slaughters.

Rose with the injury at the end, but I think it was just a minor tweak.  He didn't shoot well tonight, but definitely put his stamp on the game.  Raptors are solid.

Butler outplayed Derozan and PAU GASOL just dominated the Raptor bigs.  What a game from him.

I get phone calls weekly from the Sixers brass looking to sell me tickets. I'm on a first name basis at this point.

I'm rewatching the end of Grizzlies/Kings. I'm a HUGE Grizz fan and still sleep on them. They're just a bunch of bad dudes and misfits who play really well together.

Was not a fan of picking up Pau Gasol because I figured him to be just a slight upgrade to Boozer, based on how he was doing in LA. He's playing lights out here.

I mean he actually finishes baskets when he's close. It's amazing. And defense? He plays defense, yo. And I don't think I've heard him once tell Noah or Taj to fetch him the ball because his feet are stuck to the floor. It's really really refreshing.

I don't even worry about Rose anymore. I know he's going to be just fine. 

NBA's youtube channel is celebrating 20 years of League Pass, which means they're replaying the Top 10 plays of every week from 1994 throughout the year.

WHICH MEANS KUKOC HIGHLIGHTS.

• Like 4