DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

Whether or not it actually does hurt, it doesn't look like it particularly hurts, at least the way Rusev (or Scott Steiner for that matter) locks it on. Isn't the point of a move to look like it hurts and hopefully not hurt at all?

Either your spine is made of silly putty or you're nuts.

It looks like he sits down and lightly clasps his arms around the chin of the dude. Sorry, agree to disagree, but it really doesn't look like he wrenches the back that badly. 

• Like 1

The Accolade hasn't always looked great, but I've seen some pretty nasty ones too. Steiner allowed his opponents to keep their knees fully bent, I think the torque was supposed to be concentrated on the upper back and neck area but it never looked good.

I actually liked Jinder Mahal's version, because before 3MB he had started to find ways to lock it on quite quickly.

Just out of curiosity, give me an example of a submission that looks hurty in your view.

Depending on how they're applied, almost any submission looks good. I know that's a cop-out, but the number of submissions I balk at is pretty low.

I like Rusev, and I like the idea of his making guys pass out, but that finisher just doesn't work for me. 

Props to HMW for mentioning one of many things that Jinder Mahal did well, he was never going to be a headliner, but I miss the guy, he was actually just what they need in NXT to work with the younger guys.

Put me down as another guy that is baffled by the concept of the camel clutch not hurting. I guarantee that if you let me put one on you that you will scream like a little bitch and I'm not a 300+ lb. athlete. The human body isn't made to bend that way.

Again, I'm sure that someone actually doing a Camel Clutch would hurt. I think the actual look of Rusev's worked Camel Clutch is dissonant from the pain that it would theoretically cause. I'm not saying that there's no way a Camel Clutch would hurt. 

Let's just agree to disagree about that and agree to agree about Rusev being awesome. 

It's called the "Accolade" because Vladimir Putin sends Rusev a gold star for every time he uses the move. Every ten Accolades earns a new bright, shiny medal.

It's called the "Accolade" because Vladimir Putin sends Rusev a gold star for every time he uses the move. Every ten Accolades earns a new bright, shiny medal.

So you're saying Lana carries around one of these and updates it whenever Putin tells her to?

ninja-star-chart.jpg

• Like 3

I mean, who didn't want to see Ambrose not fully get his revenge because the fat hillbilly that spent half a year getting his ass kicked by Cena and getting shrugged off by Jericho and his minions that spend the last time on TV getting their ass kicked by the Uso's interfere with a shitty hologram.

Fuck, this company and its writers can't get out of their own way.

I've been meaning to respond to this comment for a while, because I think it encapsulates the new smark-kayfabe.  Instead approaching it from the kayfabe stance of "Bray just isn't that good because he lost to Jericho and Cena" or the smark stance of "Hmm, I see they've decided to start rebuilding Bray Wyatt by booking him strong, interfering in a main event", it is a weird mixture, like "Ha, they expect me to take this guy they've booked weakly seriously?  Ha, as if..."

It almost reminds me of the people who were like "The guy from the APA is now the world champion?!?" and missed awesome things like JBL telling the Tribute to the Troops crowd to whisper-chant for him so the terrorists wouldn't hear them or fighting a blow-up Godzilla.

• Like 1

So does just the Rusev Camel Clutch not look good, or did the other versions by Iron Sheik, The Sheik, Hassan, Sgt. Slaughter, etc. all not look "hurty" either?

I've always thought that was one of the most painful looking moves, honestly.

Now that I'm home and don't have to worry about getting search results filled with apartment wrestling pictures on my work computer, I can take a look at some camel clutches. Quite an eclectic collection.

Steiner:

tnawilson29.jpg

Tajiri:

Tajiri_camel_clutch.jpg

Sharmell:

Sharmell_uses_a_camel_clutch_by_KnightNe

Edge:

Edge-camel-clutch.jpg

Shieky:

IRON-SHEIK-CAMEL-CLUTCH.jpg

Sabu:

Sabu_camel_clutch.jpg

Maryse

d146f47a3e204d8f39287f47736fec21.jpg

ODB

ODB__Camel_Clutch_by_KnightNephrite.jpg

And finally, Rusev:

66cb736f338c28cca6ac90708ff302df.642x361

Yeah, I dunno what the fuck you all are talking about. Rusev's looks far and away the best out of all of those.

• Like 2