DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/24/14

victor

Ziggler vs Cesaro match sounds good.

* SmackDown kicks off with Dean Ambrose in the ring ready for a fight. He calls out Seth Rollins. Rollins talked more about The Shield and promised to address Ambrose again later in the show. 

* The Miz and Damien Sandow defeated Los Matadores. 

* AJ Lee got a good pop and defeated Alicia Fox with a roll up. Paige, who was at ringside, talked trash after the match and chased AJ. 

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Cesaro to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title in a great match. Ziggler won with a Zig Zag. 

* Nikki Bella, Summer Rae and Cameron defeated Natalya, Naomi and Brie Bella when Nikki hit her finisher on Brie and pinned her. 

* Cesaro vs. Ziggler in a 2 of 3 Falls Match is announced for Hell In a Cell. 

* Bo Dallas, Goldust and Stardust defeated Mark Henry and The Usos when Bo pinned Henry. 

* The show ended with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose brawling. Ambrose ended up putting Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble through two tables for a big pop. Rollins watched from outside of the ring.

It could be. But someone in WWE thinks the best way to book 2 out of 3 falls matches is to have both guys get a fall in the first three minutes.

HITC should be a great show. I do find it hard to get excited about a Ziggler/Cesaro match when they'll probably still be fighting over a mid card title a year from now with no real story behind it. I'd much rather see some Cesaro/Zayn, Cesaro/Neville, and Ziggler/Breeze matches. Time for a shake up.

It could be. But someone in WWE thinks the best way to book 2 out of 3 falls matches is to have both guys get a fall in the first three minutes.

Lucha really isnt much better. The first two falls in Atlantis vs UG. Were pretty quick for an "epic" match.

"This losing streak gimmick will be a boon for your career," said NO ONE EVER.

Who is on the losing streak gimmick?  I can think of at least 12 mid carders I have never seen win a match.  

The better question is who isn't on a losing streak?

HITC should be a great show. I do find it hard to get excited about a Ziggler/Cesaro match when they'll probably still be fighting over a mid card title a year from now with no real story behind it. I'd much rather see some Cesaro/Zayn, Cesaro/Neville, and Ziggler/Breeze matches. Time for a shake up.

Then those guys will be fighting for mid-card titles with no story behind it for a few years until the next crop of NXT guys.

Bro...you just don't get logical booking.  Dolph is going to win on Sunday, then Cesaro will win the rematch on Monday, successfully defend on Friday, then they will have another non-title match next Monday, which Dolph will win, then he will lose the title shot on Friday, then they will both lose to other guys for a month, and we will get the same cycle in December.  Money!!!!!!

Bro...you just don't get logical booking.  Dolph is going to win on Sunday, then Cesaro will win the rematch on Monday, successfully defend on Friday, then they will have another non-title match next Monday, which Dolph will win, then he will lose the title shot on Friday, then they will both lose to other guys for a month, and we will get the same cycle in December.  Money!!!!!!

WE FOUND RUSSO GUYS! HE KILLED PLAYA SHUNNA AND TOOK HIS ACCOUNT! GRAB HIM BEFORE HE CLIMBS THAT CONVENIENTLY PLACED POLE IN THE CORNER!

Bro...you just don't get logical booking. Dolph is going to win on Sunday, then Cesaro will win the rematch on Monday, successfully defend on Friday, then they will have another non-title match next Monday, which Dolph will win, then he will lose the title shot on Friday, then they will both lose to other guys for a month, and we will get the same cycle in December. Money!!!!!!

WE FOUND RUSSO GUYS! HE KILLED PLAYA SHUNNA AND TOOK HIS ACCOUNT! GRAB HIM BEFORE HE CLIMBS THAT CONVENIENTLY PLACED POLE IN THE CORNER!

One doesn't simply grab Russo. Dude just swerves all over the place

• Like 3

It actually worked for MVP, but they moved the US Title back on to him quite quickly afterwards.

I think they dropped the ball on Cesaro, but I don't think he's being hurt going toe-to-toe with Ziggler - they have pretty good chemistry in the ring. Plus Dolph is pretty damn over, not quite on the Ambrose level but he gets the 'Benoit pop'. I think we should take a glass half-full attitude here - with Brock part-timing, Ziggler's title reign has become a lot more important and, let's face it, quite a lot of us were doubting we'd ever see a Ziggler repush - and I don't think Dolph thought he'd get one either. To say WWE deserve credit for pushing a guy who kept himself over no matter what is setting the bar pretty low, but it's nice that Barrett's injury hasn't been completely for naught.

What does Barrett have to do with Ziggler? I swear, they switch these guys up so often I can't remember who was feuding with who even a month ago. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot Ziggs caused his injury. 

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently Barrett was even injured while in NXT Jee-zus!

Okay show overall. Really strong closing bit with Dean - they'll be making a huge long-term mistake by not putting Seth-Dean in the final spot. They have A CHANCE, LITERALLY ONE CHANCE to send the message that the younger guys can take over for the old guard and if they go with the pat hand, they'll be showing that no matter who you want, you'll just get what the company wants instead. Cesaro-Dolph was good, but I liked the Raw match more - this one had the better finish though since it played off the Raw one.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-smackdown-10-24-14.html

Screens -

http://http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/npq8ti8rthk8s8lyt8d6ikbw01wy66bt

My Smackdown 10/24 Report!

Apparently they spawned a Michael Cole clone at the Performance Center to sit in on Smackdown. I wish they just would've hired the '80s throwback dude from ROH on HDNet instead.

After seeing the figure four get burned to death in a million and one matches, there's no way it should ever be used as a near-instant finish again. Ever. Especially if there's no legwork behind it. That said, the double submission was pretty funny. If would've gone really over the top if they had a reversal and a re-reversal like when anyone else ever uses it, with one of the Matadores trying to get a rope-break off reaching for the barrier.

I like Big Show doing a Jim Ross Serious Interview way better than him crying in the ring. He tried his best to anyway, but thankfully resisted. 

They give Cesaro/Ziggler the big match intro which is great. Is the ring announcer Zigs' girl? I thought someone mentioned that here before. They open up with some interesting back and forth that I was afraid was going to end with the '90s cruiser reversal standoff before the dropkick, then Ziggler decides to nuke both his shoulder and his hip on the Psicosis bump and the circle is complete. The match seems like it could go either way at any time, with Ziggler doing what he does best -- bumping huge for Cesaro's endless series of power moves (the Tiger Driver into a full powerbomb was awesome) and trying to sneak in a flash pin. The end didn't bother me because it built off the last one and it felt like they deserve a rubber match. 2/3 falls, if done well and given enough time, will work just fine. Cross your fingers.

Hey guess what? If you didn't get your dose of Chrisley during Raw, HE'S ON E! NETWORK DURING SMACKDOWN! ALRIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

I'm down for anything involving Usos, Dust Bros., Mark Henry and even Bo Dallas but a bulldog isn't a finisher. Never has been, never will be, especially on the man who created the Hall of Pain. The match did make me wish instead of a US title we had a Six-Man Title with guys like Mark who have nothing to do but be involved in other people's angles something, especially when they're solid hands like him who can bring a lot to a match. They missed the boat on that during the Shield era, but then WWE just thinks titles are props so whatever.

Bradshaw: "You can't piledrive a mannequin. It's illegal."  :D

Does it piss anybody else off when Rollins pronounces his name "Dean Ambrowz"? Makes him a better heel I guess. WWE is really lucky they have two guys so talented on both the mic and in the ring to pick up the slack on the top of the card. Crowd was feeling it and Ambrose drops a better elbow than Punk by far. Fun stuff, good show.