DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD SERIES - San Fran vs Kansas City(?!)

Dolfan in NYC

I imagine if Cain is running instead of Gordon on that play we're looking at a tie game. Great game.

Gregor Blanco was an eyelash away from becoming Fred Snodgrass (i.e. the Giants' Bill Buckner)

Well, fuck. Literally the best possible post season record without winning it all, and by far, the best season I've ever seen. Could be another 30 years. Who knows. So I'll remember this more fondly soon, and I really should. But for now, it's a letdown. Guthrie should never have started the 4th, and fuck, if Alex had ran hard out of the box he could have scored there. Maybe that's delusional, but it'd have been better odds than counting on Bumgarner giving up another hit. Even he scores 25% of the time, who thinks Perez is getting a hit that often?

However, I can't really nitpick individual moments when one guy wins 3 games. Historic, and I don't know that there's ever been anything like it. But it's a little disappointing to see your team reduced to the "other guys" in the highlight package, or the answer to a trivia question, like the best Jazz team ever being immortalized as the guys Jordan hits the jumper against. 

Oh well. I'll feel better tomorrow, better than that in a week, and stoked for next season in a month. And this was all still pretty great. 

• Like 1