DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD SERIES - San Fran vs Kansas City(?!)

Dolfan in NYC

Tuesday 10/21,  San Fran @ Kansas City

Wednesday 10/22,  San Fran @ Kansas City

Friday 10/24, Kansas City @ San Fran

Saturday 10/25, Kansas City @ San Fran

Sunday 10/26, Kansas City @ San Fran (if necessary)

Tuesday 10/28, San Fran @ Kansas City (if necessary)

Wednesday 10/29, San Fran @ Kansas City (if necessary)

I hope KC wins because I really love what they've done, even if I'm still scratching my head at trading away Myers. Hey, the move worked so far.

Also, I want KC to win because fuck Will Clark.

• Like 1

I still can't bring myself to root for the Royals.  I'm both that old crackpot, sitting in the corner, going on about National League superiority, and that nine-year-old watching Game 6 of the 1985 World Series knowing that absolutely nothing will go wrong in the bottom of the ninth.

We could've had a Beltway Series had Washington and Baltimore not been so shitty.

Between that and the Yankees not being able to get Jeter to the Series during his farewell tour, I am convinced that God hates the East Coast.

Evil me really wants the Royals to win just to see what pain Phil has to go through at work.

The less-sadistic me wants to Giants to win because I hate to see stupidity rewarded.

So what can you do?  Time-limit draw?

Oh and I may start shooting people the next time I have to hear that fucking Royals song.

Between that and the Yankees not being able to get Jeter to the Series during his farewell tour, I am convinced that God hates the East Coast.

Yeah, a shame Jeter has to end without another World Series. He - and the Yankees - really don't have enough. Hard luck team, historically. 

• Like 4

Per the AP - the umps for the Series

Hunter Wendelstedt, Eric Cooper, Jim Reynolds and Jerry Meals are heading to their first World Series . . . Jeff Kellogg will be the crew chief and call his fifth World Series when Kansas City hosts San Francisco in Game 1 on Tuesday night. Ted Barrett and Jeff Nelson will work the Fall Classic for the third time.

We could've had a Beltway Series had Washington and Baltimore not been so shitty.

I thought that strange season that you guys call "winter" already proved that.

wait, Jerry Meals has never worked a World Series? I thought he was shitty enough that they gave him at least one WS spot

Sorry, I'm too busy breathing a sigh of relief that Joe West (who was in the ALCS) is nowhere to be seen