DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2016 THREAD

RIPPA

Sweden really played like a team that would score one goal (not by themselves). So did Belgium btw. Even that goal was such an awful counterattack. I'm gonna miss Zlatan on tre kronor, but Källström and especially Isaksson are going to leave big shoes to fill. Only Isaksson was playing a good tournament out of those three. Belgium didn't look much better than Sweden. Especially considering how much space they got from the Swedes.

Thanks, Ireland. Nice quiet night ahead.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2016 at 5:33 PM, Roman said:

People are giving Ronaldo shit over this, but in this instance, I support what he did. The reporter's from a channel that constantly ridicules him. Ronaldo boycotts them, and even won a court case against them because they spread lies about his family and himself. Plus, this outing was supposed to be a walk without the press but with some children. So not only does some idiot from the press force himself towards Ronaldo, it's also an idiot from that particular channel. If Ibrahimovic did this, people would have loved it, but because it's Ronaldo, it's unacceptable. Good for him.

(That said, I hope Portugal loses and Ronaldo misses another penalty. I can't stand the prick.)

Just to had my 2 cents to this, I could never defend Ronaldo's action but it's the same paper/channel that used a drone to film a child's funeral (obviously against the family's wishes). So fuck them.

My girlfriend is part Polish so I was rooting for Poland to win this but I have to say it feels unfair to Switzerland. They played their hearts out and were going for goals while Poland were happy to sit on a 1-0 lead in the 2nd half and then determined to head to penalties. But, that is how football goes and penalties have been cruel to every side under the sun at some point. As mentioned above, Shaqiri's goal was FANTASTIC and this was a great dramatic way to get the Round of 16 off to a good start! 

Marcos, I'mma really happy for you and I'mma let you party...but this was such a excruciating game played by Portugal, sitting deep and destroying while not even attempting counter attacks. Croatia was far away from their great performance against Spain aswell, but tried to somehow do something at least.

• Like 2

Poor Ireland, basically throwing a good game away within 8 mimutes. Those crazy fellas are going to be missed.

Germany lineup: Kimmich starting again, Boateng is cleared apparently. Goetze is out and Draxler's starting for him. Don't know why, he started twice and hasn't looked good against Ukraine & Poland. I expect a tough matchup.

• Like 1