DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

There was a lot of ugly ass football today. I think only two of the winners (Colts and presumingly Pats) actually won because they played better than the other team. Every other team won because they played a bunch of dumb asses who blew the game.

Had to turn it from the Pats/Cincy game. It was like every other play got a flag literally and got annoying before the end of the first quarter.

Seriously, if I'm a player on the Lions defense right now, I'm not speaking to anybody on offense.  Suh and company absolutely dominated Buffalo for 3 1/2 quarters, while the offense had one full good drive.  Then the d ran out of gas a bit at the end.

Seriously, if I'm a player on the Lions defense right now, I'm not speaking to anybody on offense.  Suh and company absolutely dominated Buffalo for 3 1/2 quarters, while the offense had one full good drive.  Then the d ran out of gas a bit at the end.

I only watched a little bit of the game on a tv at a Sears that had redzone on, but yeah the Bills stole that game. That kicker is kind of lucky it was a home game, because if I'm a guy that busted my ass and my kicker did that, his ass is walking home.

The kicker is awful, but it's also too easy to scapegoat just him.  Golden Tate had a great game, but the rest of the offense mailed it in.  With Megatron not healthy, the rest of the offense is just lost.

There was a lot of ugly ass football today. I think only two of the winners (Colts and presumingly Pats) actually won because they played better than the other team. Every other team won because they played a bunch of dumb asses who blew the game.

Had to turn it from the Pats/Cincy game. It was like every other play got a flag literally and got annoying before the end of the first quarter.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos say hello.

Helps that Arizona got down to their third string QB though...

• Like 1

The thing about the NFL and fans here in the Valley of the Sun, most of us aren't Cardinals fans. Therefore, I totally forgot about that game. :P

Helps that Arizona got down to their third string QB though...

Even then... except for a bad, bad Peyton interception the Cardinals were nowhere near a challenge in the game.

Everybody's forgetting the most important thing to come out of the Patriots victory tonight:

Mercury Morris, pop the champagne!

pg2_g_morris_sy_300.jpg

This has got to be pretty close to the earliest that this has been put to bed, doesn't it?

Just like someone mentioned in the NCAA thread for the college ranks. There seems to be no dominate teams this season. Some really decent teams. I'm forecasting, mostly 11-5 or 10-6 division winners. Maybe, one 12-4, but no 13-3 or better. Too early to say yet, I guess.

• Like 1

Just like someone mentioned in the NCAA thread for the college ranks. There seems to be no dominate teams this season. Some really decent teams. I'm forecasting, mostly 11-5 or 10-6 division winners. Maybe, one 12-4, but no 13-3 or better. Too early to say yet, I guess.

This is going to be one of those post-seasons where the talking heads whine about how teams are "backing into" the playoffs and don't deserve it.

I think the Broncos are fairly dominate in a sad sad AFC

I mean their only loss was Week 3 to the defending Super Bowl champs.. in Seattle... in OT

They have also had a bye already so one less game and I think folks forget about them already.

And Seattle seems to be fairly dominate - and similar circumstances. Already had their bye AND haven't played this week.

I mean that is 2 and you really aren't going to get more than say 3 "dominate" teams a year

I'm just waiting for JD Clowney to come back so he and Watt can break Luck like a wishbone.

Indy would break Ryan Fitzpatrick, but that would actually help Houston.  ZING! :)

That would probably help Houston, but you'd actually have to have pass rushers to actually do that. 

I could see the Seahawks around 12-13 wins, but that's about it.

I think it's entirely possible that my Panthers dominate the NFC South.... at 9-7.

Nobody seems to want to be good in that division except them. Atlanta's defense is every bit as bad as their offense is good, NO is pretty much the same story - and their offense seems to have seen its best days, losing Sproles was dumb, etc - and Tampa's never gonna make it work. Can't wait for Harbaugh to snooker them into a head coach/GM deal.

They could also go 0-11 from here. Hard to tell.