DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

Manning, Romo, Palmer and Sanchez are my QBs in my 2 QB league. I had been playing Manning and Romo, but last week I played Manning and Palmer. I figured I would ride the hot hand and do the same again. Then came the contract signing and I started making the joke that either Palmer's 2 TD streak would end or he would get injured. Har-de-fucking-har.

Now, with Romo on a bye next week, I'm left with probably starting Manning and Sanchez. Oh, and after winning this week, I'll be 5-5 and a win next week gets me into the top 4. DAMMIT. My playoffs hopes rest on Sanchez and Romo's bad back.

My only salvation could be Josh Gordon's return IF Josh Gordon plays and puts up points like he did last year.

So many questions for this week.

• Do I pickup the Redskins D, the Steelers D or the Seahawks D off of waivers for this week? Leaning towards the Redskins, which feels gross, but they're playing Tampa Bay.
  • For my 2nd QB (2 QB league), do I roll with Sanchez, or should I pick up Griffin, who is playing putrid Tampa Bay?
  • And in my flex, it's either Kelvin Benjamin, DeAndre Hopkins or Steven Jackson.

I have Maclin on my team too so my fear is that if Sanchez has trouble, that's two spots on my roster that are fucked.

On the other hand, if Sanchez remembers Maclin is on the team, and they do ok, I could be sitting pretty.

As the sole owner of First Place in the DVDVR Money League, I am uniquely suited to dole out fantasy advice and tidbits that will enable you people to win your admittedly lesser leagues.

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll see if I have time to answer them. 

Mods, if you could please delete other answers and ban the posters, it would be in the best interests of the board and the users.

• Like 1

I have Matt Ryan as my only QB in one league and cannot believe that picking up Mark Sanchez is actually something I'm considering doing this morning.

Hey, I capitalized on someone's dumbassery and no one else paying attention and snaged Romo after they dropped him last week.

Yeah, someone cut Romo off a fantasy team before December.

I have Matt Ryan as my only QB in one league and cannot believe that picking up Mark Sanchez is actually something I'm considering doing this morning.

Hey, I capitalized on someone's dumbassery and no one else paying attention and snaged Romo after they dropped him last week.

Yeah, someone cut Romo off a fantasy team before December.

Well his back is broken; his name aint Tommy Hogan, so its not like he can just get back up from it. . .

Roll with Sanchez.  The Packers D is alright, but he's got a good core to hit quick slants up the middle.  Griffin could sneeze and go back out for a few weeks. 

"Alright"

Rolling over a Bears team that's given up on their season hardly makes them good. The Packers still can't stop the run, if the Eagles are smart they'll run Shady and Sproles until they burst.

So many questions for this week.

• Do I pickup the Redskins D, the Steelers D or the Seahawks D off of waivers for this week? Leaning towards the Redskins, which feels gross, but they're playing Tampa Bay.
  • For my 2nd QB (2 QB league), do I roll with Sanchez, or should I pick up Griffin, who is playing putrid Tampa Bay?
  • And in my flex, it's either Kelvin Benjamin, DeAndre Hopkins or Steven Jackson.

Seahawks D. Sanchez because our defense has problems like elizium said. For the 3rd question who are those 3 playing?

I think I'll take my chances with Kelvin. Maybe he'll get some more garbage TDs. 

Now I just need to decide between Seattle and Washington. Seattle has burned me so many times this season, but I loathe Washington...

So, here's the guys I have to choose from:

Andre Ellington (vs. DET)

Rashad Jennings (vs. SF)

Ryan Matthews (vs. OAK)

Antonio Gates (vs. OAK)

Cordarrelle Patterson (vs. CHI) (NOTE: Return points count in this league)

I need to pick 2 RBs and a flex spot. I'm leaning toward Ellington and Matthews for RB, and Gates for the flex spot, but I dunno. What do you think I should do?

I wouldn't start Jennings since he he will likely be eased back into the rotation and he only had one really good game before he got hurt anyway.  Ellington has done me good this year, scared of any Chargers players after their last game but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Great ML - you're kinda screwed, since Jackson is inactive, neither NYG RB I think is a great play (hard to predict who may get the chance TD), and the Bills run D is solid.  And Sproles isn't a starter.  Roll the dice and pray for the best :)

Matthews and Ellington as the RBs. Ryan gets to face Oakland and Andre has a bad matchup but I trust him more than Jennings.

For the flex spot I would take the risk and go with Patterson you get the return yards cushion plus the bears secondary is bad so he could have a nice day receiving or bust a big run on a reverse.