DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-30-14 - Return of McMahonDow!

MGFanJay

The brand-split was fine in theory, but after a few years, WWE completely lost interest in it and didn't really want to use it anymore.  The world heavyweight title became a midcard title.  They couldn't manage two sets of tag titles.

I thought would they would do with Cesaro was have him break off from Zeb/Swagger, win the battle royal, see what Heyman had done for Punk and Lesnar, and decide to join him to further his career. Heyman doesn't want him playing to the crowd, so he tries to stop him from playing fair or using the giant swing.Then his career is stalled fighting little tiffs for Heyman like beating up RVD, getting shafted by Sheamus for the US title and constantly introduced to ring as another one of Heyman's clients, such as BROCK LESNAR, the one in 21 and 1 he wins the MITB briefcase. Yet Heyman still continues to tout Brock Lesnar beating Undertaker, ignoring Cesaro's big win and reducing Cesaro to an afterthought. Finally after Heyman gets Brock the title match at SummerSlam and wins, setting Heyman off on a ego trip Cesaro cannot take it anymore and cashes in on Brock for a match at Night of Champions. Oh and finally giant swings Heyman.

Instead he is beating up Kofi Kingston on Raw, which while cool, is a waste.

The magnificent and recently discovered ability of Rusev to (at least temporarily) Babyface-turn anyone means that after he destroys Swagger and a few other hosses, Cesaro can break out by being the guy to break the clutch.  Since his strength is one of the few things they remember to mention about him, it should be him and it could be a nice upper midcard thing if they protect them both for awhile and let Rusev decisively beat a few bigger guys along the way.

• Like 2

They did the same spot last year and it meant absolutely nothing. They didn't even acknowledge that on Monday's show. You would think that ripping someone's hair out would be a stand out moment between two wrestlers and mentioned during an attack like that after the match.

Ugh, I was hoping AJ was gone for good. I get my weekly dose of AJ being super-annoying on the Countdown show, thank you very much. I like how in the 10 minutes she was back she managed to make Paige, the girl who's been carrying the division, look like a complete fool; "I'm not going to make the same mistake you did", "but the fans really want it", "okay". Baffling, since Paige is essentially a much better version of AJ anyway.

AJ can do the one thing Paige can't: Talk.

Goddammit guys, AJ/Paige is going to be the lady version of Flair/Race for this generation.

I am 90% 50% 17% certain that they won't mess this up.

How it should be booked:

"So much blood"

jurassicpark86.png

"You'll never look at girls the same way."

• Like 3

Pairing up Cesaro with Heyman after WrestleMania turned out pretty terrible for Cesaro.

It seems like the plan with Cesaro was to pair him up with Heyman and hopefully the rest will write itself. That was the entirety of the thought put into it.

Cesaro lacks a identifiable character. What exactly is his gimmick other than being a talented wrestler?

Cesaro lacks a decent entrance song. I cringe every time I hear his late 90s WCW theme.

Is Cesaro a face? If he's face why is he being managed by Heyman?

Is Cesaro a heel? If he's a heel why isn't he acting like one?

Here's what I think happened. I think the plan initially was to turn both Cesaro and Heyman face by pairing them together.

I think what hindered that was Lesnar beating the Undertaker, which as we now know was a decision that was made on the day of the show.

If Undertaker had beaten Lesnar, which probably was the plan before the day of the show, everyone would have  been able to gloss over the fact that just one day before Heyman was managing Lesnar. Heyman probably wouldn't even have talked about Lesnar anymore and just focused on Cesaro from that point on, at least for the time being.

But since Lesnar beat the Undertaker, they obviously couldn't just gloss over the fact and Heyman had to revel in it, which of course meant he and Cesaro couldn't turn face.

Really?

Ugh, I was hoping AJ was gone for good. I get my weekly dose of AJ being super-annoying on the Countdown show, thank you very much. I like how in the 10 minutes she was back she managed to make Paige, the girl who's been carrying the division, look like a complete fool; "I'm not going to make the same mistake you did", "but the fans really want it", "okay". Baffling, since Paige is essentially a much better version of AJ anyway.

I guess. Except she sounds like she's choking on whatever cutesie-nerdy thing she's got going on.

I guess. Except she sounds like she's choking on whatever cutesie-nerdy thing she's got going on.

No, seriously. I don't mean AJ is a phenomenal mic-worker, although she's not bad. I mean she can talk into a microphone. In sentences and everything. Paige can't talk. She was fumbling through her lines something awful tonight.

You guys have turned on AJ?!?!?!?!?!?!  The same AJ who we spent the last the better part of the last couple years perving over?  I for one am happy to have her and her booty shorts back on my television.  AJ and Paige are now 1-1 with each other and now they can build up to a rubber match.  When was the last time that anyone gave a legit fuck about a Divas match, they have a chance to give us a match between two fine assed competant women wrestlers who could actually make people care about the wrestling and not just the fine ass.

• Like 1

If talking is AJ's strong point, then she is terrible, Has she done a promo that has not made her and the entire roster look like shit?

• Like 1

You guys have turned on AJ?!?!?!?!?!?!  The same AJ who we spent the last the better part of the last couple years perving over?

Maybe some people feel self-conscious perving over a married woman.

Was anyone else really aware of the height differential between Swagger and Rusev?

Maybe HHH really hates Heyman and his goal is to have Cesaro fail in a way that can be blamed on Heyman. 

AJ is basically the only diva the crowd cares about at all. It's not a coincidence that the two most memorable moments of Paige's reign were winning the championship from AJ and losing it to AJ.

AJ has also done a good job of treating the divas championship like a real title. 

Love her or hate her, Paige will get far more over wrestling AJ vs. anyone else. 

If talking is AJ's strong point, then she is terrible, Has she done a promo that has not made her and the entire roster look like shit?

Yes.

AJ is basically the only diva the crowd cares about at all. I

Probably because AJ buries the everyone else every chance she gets. She lucked out siphoning heat from Bryan and Punk.

When was the last time she interacted on-screen with either one of those two?

WWE should ignore CM Punk and put AJ in a storyline relationship with someone else.

Maybe they should make Paige the first "Paul Heyman girl" and have him be a creepy, lecherous dude who promises to lead Paige back to the Divas title if there is a little something in it for him and she accepts his offer.

So basically you think there shouldn't be a divas division?

Yes

WWE should ignore CM Punk and put AJ in a storyline relationship with someone else.

Maybe they should make Paige the first "Paul Heyman girl" and have him be a creepy, lecherous dude who promises to lead Paige back to the Divas title if there is a little something in it for him and she accepts his offer.

Two completely opposite, yet utterly horrible ideas.

• Like 1

Two completely opposite, yet utterly horrible ideas.

The first idea is awesome if you consider that my goal is to troll CM Punk fans.