DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

Since they need to swerve us because we discovered the swerve, Kane will win the title and Kofi will win MITB and cash it in and win it to end the show. He will lose it to Miz on Smackdown.

I don't know why people go crazy over talking about the lack of prestige or whatever the IC and US belts have these days. Sheamus is goddamn untouchable with that belt front and center and Barrett is one of more over acts on the company. When Ambrose had the US belt, people forgot he had it. And no one but people here give a shit about Big E.

When Bryan returns I doubt we even see him in the title picture again. No way Reigns wins his first title at MITB, they'd save that for Wrestlemania. I can really see only Orton or Cena winning tonight, Orton if they want to surprise us and Cena if they are sticking with their current plans.

Over/under on how many, if at all, we hear CM Punk chants tonight?

Right now, Bryan's return is still an "if" and not a "when". And the idea that he'll never have another World Title run when he's still the second most over person in the company because he got hurt this run is ridiculous. Especially considering Trips, Orton, Cena, Batista, Edge, etc all hot injured during pushes or title runs.

• Like 1

I feel like there's so a lot of convincing to do when it comes to DB. Guys like Cena and Trips LOOK like they should be big stars. DB looks he like works the night shift at a grocery store somewhere.. And that's part of his appeal.

I don't know why people go crazy over talking about the lack of prestige or whatever the IC and US belts have these days. Sheamus is goddamn untouchable with that belt front and center because he's HHH's workout buddy and Barrett is one of more over acts on the company which was the case before he won the title as well, and IC belt has had approximately zero effect on that. When Ambrose had the US belt, people forgot he had it. And no one but people here give a shit about Big E.

FTFY

• Like 1

I don't know why people go crazy over talking about the lack of prestige or whatever the IC and US belts have these days. Sheamus is goddamn untouchable with that belt front and center because he's HHH's workout buddy and Barrett is one of more over acts on the company which was the case before he won the title as well, and IC belt has had approximately zero effect on that. When Ambrose had the US belt, people forgot he had it. And no one but people here give a shit about Big E.

FTFY

With the fixes, this became truth.

FTFY

Isn't the point of giving someone a belt is because they are over enough?

Right now, Bryan's return is still an "if" and not a "when". And the idea that he'll never have another World Title run when he's still the second most over person in the company because he got hurt this run is ridiculous. Especially considering Trips, Orton, Cena, Batista, Edge, etc all hot injured during pushes or title runs.

I had to look up how many times Rey won the title, because i only remembered the one time.

Thats who i see as DB's comparable: undersized fan favorite who got over in spite of the company's usual preference.

When Bryan returns I doubt we even see him in the title picture again. No way Reigns wins his first title at MITB, they'd save that for Wrestlemania. I can really see only Orton or Cena winning tonight, Orton if they want to surprise us and Cena if they are sticking with their current plans.

I doubt they'd give Reigns his first title at Wrestlemania.  I think Cena's the last guy to have his first world title win come at Wrestlemania.

I had to look up how many times Rey won the title, because i only remembered the one time.

The reign where he won the tournament after CM Punk walked out with the belt by defeating Miz in the final, and then got beat by Cena on the same night, only for Punk to come out with his WWE Title - that is counted as per WWE Universe canon.

People are talking like the WWE need to be convinced about DB tho. Aren't they the ones that matter as far as who gets pushed or not?

I know the Royal Rumble was a few months ago, but ask Rey Mysterio and Batista how well that worked out last time they ignored the fans re:Daniel Bryan.

Where is Rey?

And doesn't Brock's contract allegedly contain a provision where if both sides can agree on terms, it's possible he'll work more dates? The WWE should throw a little extra money at him, and maybe give him a jobber he can hunt Most Dangerous Game style on his property (that would be a better use of Zach Ryder than putting him on TV) and see what happens.

FTFY

Isn't the point of giving someone a belt is because they are over enough?

The point of having belts is so this isn't just a bunch of guys going out there in tights and fighting each other because that's what they're paid to do. It's about having a purpose to those fights, and a framework wherein what you're seeing could theoretically be a legitimate contest, with guys striving to reach goals and be the best.

The payoff to Wrestlemania XXX wasn't that Bryan won some matches, or that Bryan got loud chants so he gets the belt. The payoff was that the title represents the pinnacle of the sport that pro wrestling is presented as, and despite all the obstacles placed in his way, Bryan overcame all of them. That's the belt ADDING to a story. What is the US title adding to Sheamus? What was the IC title adding to BNB?

Bookies still have Cena as odds-on favourite, but the odds have drifted out a bit. I think Ladbrokes are new to this and might be offering an attractive 4/7 for Cena-backers as marketing bait - but most of the bookies have pulled the odds on Orton, Reigns and Kane in a little.

Update: SkyBet have shortened to 11/10 on Kane. Either they're trolling or there's some action from somewhere.

bobby-heenan-bio.png

Kane's my pick!

And doesn't Brock's contract allegedly contain a provision where if both sides can agree on terms, it's possible he'll work more dates? The WWE should throw a little extra money at him, and maybe give him a jobber he can hunt Most Dangerous Game style on his property (that would be a better use of Zach Ryder than putting him on TV) and see what happens.

Which additional talent do you want them to release so they can pay Lesnar more money?

Which additional talent do you want them to release so they can pay Lesnar more money?

JTG (I don't believe he's actually gone).