• Sliver King/El Texano
    • Mitsuharu Misawa/Kenta Kobashi
    • Los Guerreros (Eddie/Chavo Jr)
    • Bret & Owen Hart
    • Wahoo McDaniel/Billy Jack Haynes
    • Nick Bockwinkle/Ray Stevens
    • Rick Rude/Manny Fernandez
    • Abismo Negro (Winners)/Super Calo
    • Hollywood Blondes (Brian Pillman/Steve Austin)
    • Hollywood Blondes (Ken Timbs/Eric Embry)
    • Hollywood Blondes (Buddy Roberts/Jerry Brown)

PICK UP TO 4 TEAMS (Votes are public - if you vote for more than 4, I am not counting your vote.) 

TOP 5 ADVANCE (plus those other two teams)

TOPIC IS CLOSED UNTIL I FINISH POSTING CLIPS

JAMAL & TAIYO KEA

SILVER KING/EL TEXANO

http://youtu.be/mRZ2lql9beU

MISAWA/KOBASHI

http://youtu.be/iYYSi1XU73c

GUERREROS

Non-Kayfabe (in no order)

Pick #1: Guerreros. I bow to the Fowler Rule on this one: "You Never Vote Against Eddy." They also really played up the lie, cheat, steal gimmick well. I'm sure they're the best team out of the smackdown six, by far.

Pick #2: Texano/Silver King: Super versatile team. I haven't seen quite enough of them, but I still have more affection for them than most teams in this group, since what I've seen has been THAT good.

Pick #3: Hollywood Blonds (Austin/Pillman). The second most important team of my youth with the single most important wrestler. Their match with Scorpio/Bagwell from Worldwide is one of my favorite matches ever.

Pick #4: Bockwinkel/Stevens: Like I'm going to vote against these two? 

Ones I didn't vote for: 

Manny/Rude are in sort of a black hole of watching for me. I've seen a couple of their matches, and love some of the stories about them, but they don't hit the sort of nostalgic sweet spot for me they do with a lot of other people.

Bret/Owen just don't have the matches. I do love the promos though, with Owen talking about how he's going to carry Bret.

Misawa/Kobashi. In college, back in 1999, I once called Misawa "Miwasa." There's actually a non zero chance that I would make that same mistake now. These guys teamed? Who knew?

Normally I would call everyone nuts for ignoring Misawa/Kobashi but there are a lot of stacked teams here

I only really should have voted for 3 teams but I decided to show Timbs some love.

I like Owen but if I never see Bret Hart again I am a happy man. And Austin/Pillman are similar to the Harts in that they were together for a shorter period of time than others.

While I am pro-Lucha - the Winners/Calo duo does nothing for me. I also am not as much of a mark for Rude/Manny as others are.

I freely admit that I haven't seen enough Bockwinkle/Stevens to feel comfortable voting for them.

Guerreros

Bock/Stevens

Rude and the Bull

Misawa/Kobashi

Bret and Owen are two of my favorite singles guys, but as a team, they didn't do much for me. Easy to not vote for them.

Normally I would call everyone nuts for ignoring Misawa/Kobashi but there are a lot of stacked teams here

I would call people nuts for sleeping on Rude & Fernandez.

• Like 1

How much Roberts/Brown footage is even out there? 

I actually was stunned I found that one match.

Though there is apparently a 2nd match where they are facing Inoki.

How much Roberts/Brown footage is even out there? 

Oddly, we were able to find the above squash match from Florida and 5 minutes of a match of them against Inoki/Sakaguchi.  That was like 2 more matches than we expected.

There's some question in the comments on that video if that's even Brown though.

Let's be honest - they are really only there because of the Blondes gimmick and because we tried to put them in the Dead Crockett Cup before realizing Brown was still alive.

That being said - I trust the person claiming that Brown was their grandfather

So I went for Bret/Owen, Misawa/Kobashi, Los Guerreros, and WCW Hollywood Blondes.  That is in large part due to I've grown up watching and just voting without much thought to them.  But I thought about it and realized I could and maybe should have dropped one team for another.  Bockwinkle/Stevens and Rude/Fernandez are ones I now really wish I could pick.  I'm hoping more people vote for them.  If I have to really think about stuff like this in the later rounds I'm going to be so torn on voting.