DVDVR Message Board

Who are the lamest actors?

Swift

Not bad actors, just the blandest, so-lame-you-never-want-to-see-them-again actors.

Has Topher Grace ever been interesting? Or Adam Scott for that matter?

And I'll throw in John Travolta of the last 15 years.

Chris Pine is just awful.

Channing Tatum is so bland and looks like a man trying to fit a big box in his mouth.

Minka Kelly came perilously close to ruining Almost Human. It's like watching Karl Urban trying to flirt with a mannequin.

I think he's particularly bad in Star Trek. You've got Zachary Quinto being outstanding as a young Spock, Benedict Cumberbatch chewing up scenery, Karl Urban being charismatic and grumpy, Simon Pegg being hilarious...oh, and here's the lead, who's about as interesting as a wet sponge.

I don't think he's a terrible actor. On a technical level, he's way better than Keanu or Megan Fox. He's just very dull. Like some Hollywood exec make a checklist for the next big star (good looks, acting ability, youth) but forgot to add in screen presence or charisma. 

• Like 1

Are we talking current actors or is Christopher Reeve a candidate?

Maybe it has more to do with my life-long crush on Jane Seymour, but I thought he was perfectly fine in Somewhere in Time. And there isn't likely ever going to be a better Superman.

Nothing will ever convince me that Tom Cruise is worth a damn.

• Like 1