DVDVR Message Board

Who are the lamest actors?

Swift

Noah Wyle and Patrick Wilson are two actors it's hard to give a fuck about. Both are perfectly acceptable actors, but why not get someone else?

I thought about Wilson for a moment, but he seems to have settled into playing dad-under-pressure types in some recent horror films.  He does fine with them, so maybe he has his career figured out.

If this question had been asked a few years ago, I would have said Scarlett Johansson.  Attractive, nice breasts, cool voice--but didn't add anything to the mix that some other actress couldn't have done at half the cost. But she's gotten a lot better and I enjoy her work now.

Is there some really vanilla actor who gets cast in black friend supporting roles who is totally inoffensive yet also totally unmemorable?  (Why, yes, I did post this because I wanted to ask about vanilla black guys.  Can't have all my jokes going over Fowler's head.)

Probably an unpopular choice, given the demographics around here, but John Cusak has been phoning it in since 2000, and his presence in any given film makes me less interested in seeing it. He's even been in a few decent films since then, and been ok in his role, but virtually any other actor would have been just as good or better (e.g. THE PAPERBOY).

There are some real head scratching choices for "lamest actors" in this thread.  I mean, if some are these names are people's definition of lame, then there are very very few good actors, apparently.

There are some real head scratching choices for "lamest actors" in this thread.  I mean, if some are these names are people's definition of lame, then there are very very few good actors, apparently.

There are  A LOT more "movie stars" than there are good actors. Of the actors mentioned, only Chris Pine and Cameron Diaz are people I like in movies, and they both fall into the "good looking, and charismatic" category. Remember, being fun to watch is not the same as acting. . . 

Maura Tierney and Sandra Oh seem like really weird choices. They're both perfectly decent actresses, and it's not like they're over-exposed like Diaz or some other annoying actors. They're both rather inoffensive.

How about Bradley Cooper?  I confess I haven't seen much of him, but he seems like a generic good-looking bland guy.

He's pretty awesome, man. He was great in both Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. I enjoyed him in Limitless also.

Well, then I suppose I should watch those movies.

Maura Tierney and Sandra Oh seem like really weird choices. They're both perfectly decent actresses, and it's not like they're over-exposed like Diaz or some other annoying actors. They're both rather inoffensive.

Doesn't lame in the context here pretty much mean someone who is inoffensive? So vanilla they never stand out as being good or bad? Just someone who is there.

How about Bradley Cooper? I confess I haven't seen much of him, but he seems like a generic good-looking bland guy.

He's pretty awesome, man. He was great in both Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle. I enjoyed him in Limitless also.

Well, then I suppose I should watch those movies.

What a terrible thread. Just throwing names blindly at the wall.

• Like 1

Doesn't lame in the context here pretty much mean someone who is inoffensive? So vanilla they never stand out as being good or bad? Just someone who is there.

Eh, compared to the likes of Jessica Alba and Minka Kelly, they're practically bursting with charisma.